Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 23 of 24 1 2 21 22 23 24
apprentice
apprentice
spacehamster95 is correct. The Absolute is referred to as both male and female, as we already covered in this thread.

Originally Posted by Priest
Originally Posted by Firesnakearies
Who specifically refers to the Absolute as "he"?

Multiple goblins, particularly after a successful raid on the grove. Talk to those in your camp during the celebrations. Here are some examples I picked up:

"You hear the Absolute's voice, don't you? I will soon - I can already feel Him coming closer!"

"Our gift to the Absolute. May the whole world see His strength!"

"Let the Absolute hear your prayers. Let the blood of His enemies flow over you!"

There are other examples, even in descriptions of items, instead of said by characters.
For example, hover over the "Absolute Protection" ability of the Absolute's Warboard. It says:

"The Absolute shields his faithful. Invoke His name to increase your Armour Class by 2."

- Priest
apprentice
apprentice
Someone could verify if this changed in patch 5 manually if they complete "Raid the Grove" and talk to the goblins at the end at the camp. Unfortunately, "Raid the Grove" was bugged for me this time around.

I'd be interested to know if it has changed!

- Priest
A
addict
addict
A
For example, hover over the "Absolute Protection" ability of the Absolute's Warboard. It says:

"The Absolute shields his faithful. Invoke His name to increase your Armour Class by 2."
It says "The Absolute shields Her faithful. Invoke Her name", just checked.

Last edited by ash elemental; 05/08/21 05:03 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by ash elemental

It says "The Absolute shields Her faithful. Invoke Her name", just checked.

Ah, so it has changed, thank you for checking. Can you check the goblins at camp after the evil path?

Last edited by Priest; 05/08/21 09:37 PM.

- Priest
apprentice
apprentice
Just did another playthrough, Patch 5. Many still refer to the Absolute as male.
Here are a few examples:

https://imgur.com/a/vhsLEsr

- Priest
veteran
veteran
Is it changing based on the character creation prompts? That could account for the variation, if its pegged to the custom PC or who they dream of etc.

absolute (adj.)
late 14c., "unrestricted, free from limitation; complete, perfect, free from imperfection;" also "not relative to something else" (mid-15c.), from Latin absolutus, past participle of absolvere "to set free, acquit; complete, bring to an end; make separate," from ab "off, away from" (see ab-) + solvere "to loosen, untie, release, detach," from PIE *se-lu-, from reflexive pronoun *s(w)e- (see idiom) + root *leu- "to loosen, divide, cut apart."

journeyman
journeyman
Haven't read the entire thread, so sorry if someone already mentioned this. Has it been considered that the Absolute is the narrator? Or the layered voices that say 'Who are you?' and 'Who do you dream of at night?' during character creation. The narrator is clearly a woman, so obviously could fit the role of Absolute as the Absolute is described as a woman by her followers, but if we're considering the idea that the Absolute could have multiple identities, or is a God with the ability to shape themselves how they like, the other disembodied voice we hear during CC that seems to have masculine and feminine voices layered over each other could very well be the Absolute too.

veteran
veteran
My favorite theory so far is Gorion's Ward, which is why we don't REALLY know the gender. The tadpole takes the form of male or female depending on your choice. Gorion's Ward was also yur choice. Has Gorion's Ward decided to become a god in the end after all? Is he/she tired of things as they have been?

Or maybe its Amelyssan back from the dead. If entire pantheons have been wiped out and some gods brought back during the Second Sundering, could she have returned? What about Bodhi and Irenicus. 😱 Or Sarevok!

Last edited by GM4Him; 06/08/21 03:15 AM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by lilaque
Haven't read the entire thread, so sorry if someone already mentioned this. Has it been considered that the Absolute is the narrator? Or the layered voices that say 'Who are you?' and 'Who do you dream of at night?' during character creation. The narrator is clearly a woman, so obviously could fit the role of Absolute as the Absolute is described as a woman by her followers, but if we're considering the idea that the Absolute could have multiple identities, or is a God with the ability to shape themselves how they like, the other disembodied voice we hear during CC that seems to have masculine and feminine voices layered over each other could very well be the Absolute too.
Now, when you mention it ...
First time we meet our dreamcrush ... i think we have option to say "i have heared your voice aboard the ship" ... but i dont recall hearing any other voice than this you mention ... wich is kinda odd especialy since we chose its woice in creation, and that one who is talking to us certainly dont sounds "human" at all. laugh

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 06/08/21 09:04 AM.

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
A
addict
addict
A
Just did another playthrough, Patch 5. Many still refer to the Absolute as male.
Here are a few examples:

They might yet get changed later, considering that requires new voiced lines, while changing item descriptions is easier. Otherwise I'm not sure why Larian would bother to rewrite item descriptions.

Anyways, now I suspect the main plot is connected to hells, souls and the resurrection business, and the mind flayers are just being used as tools. Apart from the books in the chapel , in the fake doctor's basement there is a "nobleman's portrait" lying on the floor, which depicts Mizora (funny enough if you pick it up, in the inventory it will show a nobleman laugh ). And that wizard was doing experiments on raising dead.

There is also a letter in the harpy nest written by a warlock who, from the description, sounds like he was working for Raphael. There is a crashed boat next to the nest, so perhaps they were lured by the harpies and crashed. What is interesting is the old journal lying next to the letter, though it could be simply an easter egg. Or the warlock was carrying that journal.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by ash elemental
Here are a few examples:

They might yet get changed later, considering that requires new voiced lines, while changing item descriptions is easier. Otherwise I'm not sure why Larian would bother to rewrite item descriptions.

Anyways, now I suspect the main plot is connected to hells, souls and the resurrection business, and the mind flayers are just being used as tools. Apart from the books in the chapel , in the fake doctor's basement there is a "nobleman's portrait" lying on the floor, which depicts Mizora (funny enough if you pick it up, in the inventory it will show a nobleman laugh ). And that wizard was doing experiments on raising dead.

There is also a letter in the harpy nest written by a warlock who, from the description, sounds like he was working for Raphael. There is a crashed boat next to the nest, so perhaps they were lured by the harpies and crashed. What is interesting is the old journal lying next to the letter, though it could be simply an easter egg. Or the warlock was carrying that journal.

Yeh, I completely agree that these voicelines might get changed later. However, it is very concerning, if true, that Larian can't get the identity of the Absolute, a main antagonist, correct.

At the moment, it is worth considering the current information, that the Absolute is referred to as male and female in addition to the fact that one line was changed from "His" to "Her". I guess this is just a "watch this space" scenario for now.

- Priest
veteran
veteran
Well now that's pretty clear that the absolute is the dead three and one of the three chosen is a woman with pale skin and pale eyes perhaps that Myrkul's chosen and Myrkul is now appearing as a woman?

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by KillerRabbit
Well now that's pretty clear that the absolute is the dead three and one of the three chosen is a woman with pale skin and pale eyes perhaps that Myrkul's chosen and Myrkul is now appearing as a woman?

Yeh, that is a pretty popular theory: that each one of the Absolute's Chosen represents one of the Dead Three. It might just be a representative of them, rather than actually them. It would be odd for one to appear as an elf, and another as a woman, so I'm learning towards the former.

- Priest
veteran
veteran
Please delete

Last edited by Abits; 08/08/21 11:24 AM.

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Neuleser
The new Patch 5 content features what appears to be the first encounter with the Absolute.

Also foreshadowing three important figures who work for her.

Is it just me, or does the outline of the “younger man with a quick easy smile” look an awful lot like Aradin?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Abits
Please delete

What you mean?

addict
addict
Is it just me, or does the outline of the “younger man with a quick easy smile” look an awful lot like Aradin?[/quote]
Those 3 more likely have a placeholder appearance at the moment. Aradin uses a hairstyle available for PC, none of important boss-like NPCs use such hairstyles.

G
stranger
stranger
G
Originally Posted by Dexai
There is only one thing Absolute in the world, and that is Death; And Death -- is Bhaal.

Point of order here, Bhaal is actually the god of murder. The god of death in the Forgotten Realms is Myrkul.

And then the god of the dead is Kelemvor.

F
stranger
stranger
F
The Absolute could be a collective consciousness of all things or an entity without shape or form, the name itself doesn't sound too singular.

I'm going toplace a bet on Vlaakith being the Absolute.

We know she's plotting to ascend to godhood from lichdom, she's been putting her needs ahead of the Gith purpose for centuries already, this could be her endgame.

The artifact could be her phylactory or something of that sort. Semi-sentient and containing much of her pre-lich personality and ambition - lead the Githyanki to victory over the mind-flayers. It is opposing Vlaakith, and doesn't want to fall into her hands via the Gith who have been sent out hunting the "weapon", or the cultists.

Vlaakith has fought Illithids for a long time and probably understands them very well. Discovering and manipulating an Illithid plot to her benefit instead of destroying it would be risky, but if the reward is tricking her ancient enemies into helping her ascend, it would be tempting.

Remember when Lazy talks about the K'lirr library? Vlaakith is smart and extremly well informed about every race religion and organisation, powerful in her own self and with forces to command and with a racial portfolio there for the taking, she's halfway there already.

Page 23 of 24 1 2 21 22 23 24

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard