https://steamdb.info/patchnotes/7442904/

Would be very welcome.

#JusticeForKarlach

Petition to save Karlach: https://www.change.org/p/justice-for-karlach
K
journeyman
journeyman
K
Somehow I doubt patch 6 would be come without at least Sven hinting at it or another Panel through Hell smile

stranger
stranger
*sigh* Still waiting for my Scimitar/Rapier wielding Aasimar Draconic Sorcerer.

Doubtful. We might get some communication at the one year anniversary next Wednesday, but that's it. Even if they do release it, what does it matter? It won't add anything significant for the majority of people that have stopped playing to reload the game (96% of people stopped playing).

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
It's certainly time for them to offer us something....it's been quite a while since we got Druid and I have certainly stopped playing for now, until there's something new to play WITH.
Yes, I know it's a complex game...but...give..give..give.

apprentice
apprentice
It would be nice as a B-day present (10.10), turning 40-something.. 3? Shees. Feeling still like a teen :p
Anyway, a new area to explore.

The duergar fortress opened up mayhaps to those that cannot be bothered with the whole die-revive etc weirdness path of glitch to enter it. Or even something wholly new.

C
addict
addict
C
Originally Posted by Blade238
96% of people stopped playing

Blade238 - I'm not trying to argue with you, because I totally believe you (I haven't played since August), but where did you find that figure? Googling for anything in the neighborhood of 'telemetry stats' predictably only finds results around character stats, and I couldn't find anything on larian.com.

T
apprentice
apprentice
T
They need to actually open up level 5 so testing can happen on level 3 spells considering that it's pretty obvious with patch 5 that there's more than enough experience to hit level 5 before even going into the Underdark and there may be enough experience to hit level 6 before venturing into Act 2.

The biggest problem with people not testing at this point is there's not huge changes patch to patch thus people aren't testing. I know I didn't bother to do anything in the way of testing of Patch 2 nor Patch 4 because the changes weren't enough for me to warrant really testing it. At least when Patch 3 came out I took a couple looks at things before stopping and when Patch 5 came out with the number of changes there, I did do a fair bit of testing, but have since stopped.

Too many changes have been very backend so we don't notice them as much and can't really tell what we're testing, it's only the big changes that are getting people involved to test and try (like the changes to rolling now).

I also think a lot of people have given up because Larian is being radio silent and only really talking when a new hotfix comes out or when a new patch comes out. We don't know what is going on and lack of communication is troubling to a lot of people. Lack of communication, especially on a game like this, is a problem. Larian needs to really communicate better and not leave fans wondering what is going on and show that they're actually listening (if there's something that people are asking for, but is not technically possible to do, say it, not saying it leads to disappointment).

Last edited by Tahapenes; 02/10/21 06:45 PM.
C
addict
addict
C
Originally Posted by Tahapenes
Larian is being radio silent and only really talking when a new hotfix comes out or when a new patch comes out. [...] Larian needs to really communicate better and not leave fans wondering what is going on

Couldn't agree more. Hope someone in a position to do something with it sees your comment.

veteran
veteran
They didnt bother within last year ...
What makes you think they sudently start now? :-/

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Firesong
Looky looky here... hehe

Would be very welcome.

Click on your link now and see what you get

veteran
veteran
There have been updates about "Patch 6" on the SteamDB for the last month or so.
It will obviously be out at some point, since as they say "even a broken clock is right twice a day", but spotting an update there doesn't really mean shit in terms of making an accurate prediction on how long it will take.

And yeah, the way Larian is handling communication about development and upcoming changes keeps being genuinely awful.
Both because of the long periods of silence between patches (when talking about what's coming would actually be a great trick to make the wait more bearable and make people look forward for something) and because the format of "event livestreams" when something is actually on the verge of coming out is often clumsy, uninformative and inefficient.

Not to mention their complete lack of interaction (even a "filtered" one) with their own community.

Last edited by Tuco; 04/10/21 12:27 PM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
Pardon my poor english if this is the reason i missunderstand your point here ...
But isnt basicaly any work on this game (except hotfixes, ofc) "part of next patch"? O_o

I mean, sure there was some "patch 6 files" since patch 6 is what they are preparing right now ... but they could prepared it for next week, or month. laugh

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
Originally Posted by colinl8
Originally Posted by Blade238
96% of people stopped playing

Snip.
Estimation based on peak, current and total players from Steam. It was something like a 1:24 ratio.

Most everyone has moved on. I only log in once in a blue moon to see that nothing has been added and then go off to some other game.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Pardon my poor english if this is the reason i missunderstand your point here ...
But isnt basicaly any work on this game (except hotfixes, ofc) "part of next patch"? O_o

I mean, sure there was some "patch 6 files" since patch 6 is what they are preparing right now ... but they could prepared it for next week, or month. laugh
I'm not even sure of what you are asking, exactly.

Everything they put in the repository is obviously part of the ongoing development process for the final game, but updates SPECIFICALLY named "patch 6" have started appearing on the SteamDB page weeks before this thread was opened.
And the fact that the patch could be out in just in few days as in a month or more is precisely the observation I was making to the thread starter, so it's not clear what you are objecting on.

Last edited by Tuco; 04/10/21 08:09 PM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Firesong
Looky looky here... hehe

Would be very welcome.

it's gone at least since today.
No more Entrys noting the 6th of October.
Seems to be that we wont get anything new or its a more secretly surprise ever.
#
Mabye Larian thought we might guess too good what will come and dont want us to be spoilerd bei Youtube Creators or just us wanting to believe something wink

Theres some probability that just loking at the changelog in steamDB how some Files are gaining in kb or losing some kb you can predict some changes.
So it would make sense to delete steamDB files and load it up just before the release.

UPDATE a minute later:
Shame on me, its here:
https://steamdb.info/app/1086940/history/?changeid=12700687

Last edited by TheHero; 04/10/21 08:11 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by TheHero
it's gone at least since today.
No more Entrys noting the 6th of October.
Seems to be that we wont get anything new or its a more secretly surprise ever.
#
Mabye Larian thought we might guess too good what will come and dont want us to be spoilerd bei Youtube Creators or just us wanting to believe something wink

Theres some probability that just loking at the changelog in steamDB how some Files are gaining in kb or losing some kb you can predict some changes.
So it would make sense to delete steamDB files and load it up just before the release.

https://twitter.com/larianstudios/status/1445015347493494785

+

https://steamdb.info/app/1086940/depots/

Last edited by Tuco; 04/10/21 08:12 PM.

addict
addict
Good spot Tuco.
Ok, so at sometime between Thursday & Sunday we will hopefully get some news on an update.

Something magical sounds like possibly a magic based class? It's not that I expected more given their recent patches, but two classes in a year isn't very impressive.

I sincerely hope that every class is eventually added to EA for balancing, testing and feedback. The companions too, though I'd settle for at least their character sheet if nothing else.

What I'm somewhat confused on though is lack of class and companion integration thus far. They're working on the other acts and later content, but if the gameplay, classes and balancing isn't settled then I'm scared to imagine their implementation in a pre-finished world.

Oh well, nothing to do other than voice my concerns and wait for the inevitable.

addict
addict
If it is all things Magic based (reading into it a bit much perhaps, but I'll roll with it), maybe it will also include an update to the UI in terms of spell management/casting?

Last edited by Riandor; 06/10/21 08:08 AM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard