Next Thread
Print Thread
B
Binh Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Ok i keep finding weapon that basically look similar or the stat is almost the same, also everything is too god damn expensive i cant buy anything so i result to steal everything and it not punishing
tweak 1 make after you steal and have to pass a speech check, increase the subsequent requirement like 10 15 and 20 more so after you get caught the 3rd time u need a 20 natural none modified roll to pass any number of roll later. if you decide to bribe then the amount increase over time
tweak 2 there is a massive difference between a 1d12 and a 2d6, since there are more combination in a 2d6 (example you only have one option to roll a 5 on a 1d12 but for the 2d6 it can be 1-4, 2-3, 3-2, 4-1) that mean statistically even though the average roll is similar between them, the 2d6 will have less swing between min and max thus is more consistent in the long run not to mention the lack of rolling a 1 meant the average dps of a 2d6 is (12+2)/2=7 and the 1d12 is (12+1)/2=6.5 so a 2d6 is objectively better. this can be balanced out to 1d13 instead. also the only potential time that a 1d12 maybe on par with a 2d6 is to let people with unlockable skill to crit with other than a natural 20 like 18 or natural 19 as well since 1d12 may swing between min and max more it might be able to take advantage of the crit, by the way make it 1d13 may also work food for thought.
this also tide into the game economy and item progression make the rarer weapon either offset the 1 dice roll by have a slightly bigger number example a comon greats axe is 1d12 then a uncomon great axe is 1d13+1 and for other like great sword the common would be 2d6 uncommon 3d4+1 you know to make it even more reliable by making it even less likely to roll low and you can count on it consistency. For rare for the greatsword is the same as uncomon with extra skill with +2 instead and epic is 2 skill instead of 1 example a rare greatsword would be 3d4+2 + (frost attack) and epic is 3d4+3 (frost attack + bleed or somthing even casting skill). And rare great axe it would be 1d14+2 with a skill and for epic it still 1d14+3 but 2 skill instead (2 route would be similar but unique example 1d14 would have same average as 3d4 (14+1 vs 12+3) but cater for consistency and one cater for high risk high rewards.
3rd tweak blanacing the income and item price so you less likely felt like you have to steal stuff, i only steal what i cant afford and since i cant afford anything so i steal everything issue

Last edited by Binh; 05/10/21 10:30 AM. Reason: adding rare greataxe and epic greataxe idea
A
veteran
veteran
A
Should imho rather go into the Baldur's Gate 3 Suggestions area.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard