Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#791839 06/10/21 11:26 AM
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
From the pre-patch announcement:

"Once again we find ourselves in a familiar situation. We’re out of lockdown and eager to see you all again, but that doesn’t mean we’re slowing down at all. Patch 6 is almost here, and we’re excited for you to get your hands on it! It’s our biggest ever patch for Baldur’s Gate 3. If you’re attending EGX this week in London, you’ll get an exclusive preview...featuring a new playable class. Who’s ready to make some magic?"

I can't wait!!!

veteran
veteran
Feel free to corect me ...
But does not Bard, Paladin or Monk also do some "kind of" magic? O_o

I would say that this statement at best exclude Barbarian quite certainly (wich is odd imho, since i would expect them to come first ... they seem easiest to implement), but beyond that ... nothing. laugh

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 06/10/21 11:41 AM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
Yeah, can't imagine a LESS exciting class for the update.

[Linked Image from c.tenor.com]

I'd rather take any class that actually introduced new mechanics instead of "Basically Wizard with a different flavor".

Last edited by Tuco; 06/10/21 11:46 AM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Bard is also a possibility, I admit. Monk is a martial class. Paladin is a secondary caster at most, and def not known as a magical class...

Originally Posted by Tuco
Yeah, can't imagine a LESS exciting class for the update.

[Linked Image from c.tenor.com]

I'd rather take any class that actually introduced new mechanics instead of "Basically Wizard with a different flavor".

I am still curious and excited about metamagics and wild magic mechanics.

Last edited by spacehamster95; 06/10/21 11:50 AM.
veteran
veteran
You missunderstand me ...
I never claimed that Paladin or Monk is known as "a magical class" ... but the statement also dont say that we get "magical class" ...

It say:
A) There is new class (singular, sadly ... i was really hoping for BIG surprise with multiple classes included, especialy seeing size of that gargantuan im about to download)
B) There will be some magic included.

That might still mean only magic on the show, and we still could get Barbarian (even tho it would be probably oddest way to put it ... unless Larian specificly wants to torment us) ...
Or it might mean that class will "do some magic" ... and even tho Paladins are known for their huge sword, surpassed only by the size of their own ego ... they "technicaly" also "do some magic". smile
Nothing more. laugh

old hand
old hand
Yeah it’s sounding like Sorcerer.

I don’t expect Bard or Paladin until we get an actual reaction system up and running. And if the devs did succeed in implementing that, they would be hyping THAT up instead.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
You missunderstand me ...
I never claimed that Paladin or Monk is known as "a magical class" ... but the statement also dont say that we get "magical class" ...

It say:
A) There is new class (singular, sadly ... i was really hoping for BIG surprise with multiple classes included, especialy seeing size of that gargantuan im about to download)
B) There will be some magic included.

That might still mean only magic on the show, and we still could get Barbarian (even tho it would be probably oddest way to put it ... unless Larian specificly wants to torment us) ...
Or it might mean that class will "do some magic" ... and even tho Paladins are known for their huge sword, surpassed only by the size of their own ego ... they "technicaly" also "do some magic". smile
Nothing more. laugh

I mean everything is possible but I reckon sorcerer or bard is coming, more likely sorcerer.

veteran
veteran
Yay for sorcerer being added! rpg007

veteran
veteran
Do you all remember how we all were sure that "noble sacrifice" is certainly hint for selfless benevolent class ... like for example Paladin? laugh

veteran
veteran
I'm also fairly sure that wasn't an accidental misunderstanding and that Larian was deliberately misleading/trolling its audience, so who knows. Maybe it's the same here.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
We shall see but sorcerer seems to be the general consensus on reddit as well.

Well, hopefully Sorceror will mean the Wizard gets a clean-up to keep the two classes distinct.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Why is sorcerer so important?
If you get a salami in this patch then everything is clear at least for me. You can correct me after patchnotes arrive smile
something more funny like will come in. Its anniversary time 1year of EA.
That sounds for me like a big Party will arive, therefore a Bard Class will be the bummer, ehm i mean the other "imporrrrtant" caster class.
Someone needs to make use of all those lutes and flutes inside the game allready.

PS:
Also Karlach finally gets the correct 1 Horn and a half.

Last edited by TheHero; 06/10/21 12:31 PM.
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
This will be a huge update so I imagine it will bring bout plenty of new stuff.

veteran
veteran
Or it will replace plenty old stuff. laugh

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Or it will replace plenty old stuff. laugh
Which makes them new stuff.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by TheHero
Why is sorcerer so important?
If you get a salami in this patch then everything is clear at least for me. You can correct me after patchnotes arrive smile
something more funny like will come in. Its anniversary time 1year of EA.
That sounds for me like a big Party will arive, therefore a Bard Class will be the bummer, ehm i mean the other "imporrrrtant" caster class.
Someone needs to make use of all those lutes and flutes inside the game allready.

PS:
Also Karlach finally gets the correct 1 Horn and a half.
Bard would require a proper reaction system since the subclasses use it. At this point I don't know if it will be implemented.

V
V
And hopefully we’ll get rid of the remains of home brew rules such as wrecked action/bonus points balance and high ground advantage.

Romances in RPGs brought us to this
veteran
veteran
Hopefully we dont ...

There now, someone will certainly ba happy. laugh :P

stranger
stranger
Awesome, and here I thought my Blade wielding Aasimar Draconic Sorcerer was at least a year off.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard