#791827 06/10/21 10:18 AM
V
V_Ben Offline OP
Ben_Larian
OP Offline
Ben_Larian
V
[Linked Image from cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com]

Hello everyone! We hope you’re doing well, and adventuring boldly.

Once again we find ourselves in a familiar situation. We’re out of lockdown and eager to see you all again, but that doesn’t mean we’re slowing down at all. Patch 6 is almost here, and we’re excited for you to get your hands on it! It’s our biggest ever patch for Baldur’s Gate 3. If you’re attending EGX this week in London, you’ll get an exclusive preview...featuring a new playable class. Who’s ready to make some magic?

We also have something special in Patch 6 for those of you who watched Twitch Plays: A Most Noble Sacrifice. If you like the sound of meat hitting meat (stop giggling), then you’ll love the latest addition to your arsenal - the equippable Salami. Yes, they can be dual wielded. But that’s enough of the spoilers. There’s a lot more in Patch 6, and we’ll be exploring that really soon.

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

We’re busy planning a Panel From Hell right around the corner that’ll serve as a deep dive into the new content for Patch 6.

Anyhoo, the business of the day: with Patch 6 on the horizon, weighing in at approximately 60GB (so make sure you have plenty of space free!), we want to remind you that any saves made Patch 5 or prior will no longer be compatible when updated.

So, we’re back to branching! (If you want!) There are options for you if you want to continue your Patch 4 or Patch 5 saves, or if you instead want to make sure you’ve got the most up-to-date content. Have a gander below and follow the directions for whichever solution suits you best.

1. How to Update Your Game to Patch 6: If you want to play the most up to date version of the game and have never opted into any beta branches in the past, then good news: You don’t need to do anything! When the patch releases, you will receive the most updated version of the game as long as you have automatic updates enabled. To enable automatic updates, please follow the steps below:

Right click on the game in your Steam library
Select properties
Click the Updates tab
Select "Always keep this game updated" in the drop down menu

2. How to Update to Patch 6 If You’ve Opted into an Earlier Beta Branch: If you previously opted into any beta for Patch 4 or earlier and want to ensure you get the most up to date content when Patch 6 goes live, then please follow the steps below:

Select properties
Click the Betas tab
Select "None" in the drop down menu

3. How to Continue Your Patch 5 Save: If you want to continue your progress from Patch 5, then take the following steps. Save files are not ‘deleted’ from your computer; they’ll remain in your folder, but you’ll only be able to load saves specific to their respective versions.

Select properties
Click the BETAS tab
In the list under "Select the beta you would like to opt in to", select Patch 5
Close the properties menu

If you’d like to continue your save file on the current version, you can move to the Patch 5 beta branch now. Save files are not ‘deleted’ from your computer; they’ll remain in your folder, but you’ll only be able to load saves specific to their respective versions.

Important Note: If you want the option to go back to a previous patch, it’s best to make a new in-game profile and backup your local saves from the previous patch. You can do the following before or after you update to the latest version:

Before starting a new playthrough, create a new profile by clicking the profiles button on the top left of the main menu. All your progress in the new patch will then be saved under this profile while your old saves are safe in the previous profile.

As an extra safety measure, you can manually back up your savegames:
Go to /Documents/Larian Studios/Baldur's Gate 3/PlayerProfiles/
Find the folder that is named after the profile you used in the previous patch
Copy and paste this entire folder into a backup location
If you want to revert back to the previous patch, follow the instructions above and activate your old profile

If you have somehow lost your progress by overwriting savegames and want to restore your old backed up savegames simply copy over your old profile folder into its original location again: /Documents/Larian Studios/Baldur's Gate 3/PlayerProfiles/
Sync back to the patch5 beta branch with the instructions above and load your old savegames

A Note On Mods: If you have any mods installed, or were using any in previous versions of Baldur’s Gate 3, please remove them before updating your game. You can do this by checking both the ‘Mods’ and ‘Public’ folders in '..\SteamApps\common\Baldurs Gate 3\Data' - if either of those folders are present, please delete them before updating. If applicable, please also delete the file ‘modsettings.lsx’ in the profile folder.

Note: Branching unfortunately won’t be available on Stadia for the moment.

GOG:

Select the game from the owned games section
Click the settings button top right and select manage installation > configure
To disable auto-updates, there is a checkbox “automatically update to new version” > uncheck this box to stay on the current patch
Unchecking this box will let you roll back to a previous version

veteran
veteran
Well ...
I gues i go delete some por...biology class videos!

Cant wait! :3 <3

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
I
stranger
stranger
I
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Monk coming?

veteran
veteran
When do we absolutely have to make those changes in Steam if we want to continue our patch 5 playthrough ?

Last edited by Maximuuus; 06/10/21 11:06 AM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
When do we absolutely have to make those changes in Steam if we want to continue our patch 5 playthrough ?
Man, I was already bored with patch 5 the day it was released. Imagine sticking to it now when the update will be out.

Also, god I hope it’s not the sorcerer.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
S
addict
addict
S
Is it just me or is the elf in the GIF a bit more slender than normal?

veteran
veteran
Seems like a gith, actually.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
F
addict
addict
F
The picture on top is the one from the owlbear cave where
you can open the chest if you find the prayer and about which Shadowheart is not too happy

Significant?

#JusticeForKarlach

Petition to save Karlach: https://www.change.org/p/justice-for-karlach
enthusiast
enthusiast
Lets check the facts/ hints:

1.We got the Owlbear Cave with the Selunite Altair shown on screenshot of news for Patch6.
2. The tentacle from the Nautiloid is shown on other screenshot with slender Elf or Githyanki figure looking upon it (might be just a visual bec angle)
3. 1D4 Lightweapon Salami with bluntdamage but sametime its finesse usable for dual wield
4. Anitalliasing from Nvidia maybe

1. Could mean a Selunite Priest/Paladin/Monk Class?
1.1 Funny holy Owlbears & Owlbearkitten wink

2. The Nautiloid start gets something new like in patch 5 with Shadowheart finally be rescuable there and at least one new Magic Weapon (Flaming Greatsword)

3. New characterscreen options like slider for Body slender to obese and some height sliders for every Race in their respective possible bodyheights.

4. No fact, just wishing the test for DLSS is done now and its now available in EA

Last edited by TheHero; 06/10/21 12:24 PM.
F
addict
addict
F
Originally Posted by TheHero
...DLSS...

I think adding FSR would be even more important, because anything that can run DLSS should be fast enough to run BG3 without it.

But FSR would make the game enjoyable for people with potato GPUs as well.

#JusticeForKarlach

veteran
veteran
1D4
Where did you find this? O_o

New characterscreen options like slider for Body slender to obese and some height sliders for every Race in their respective possible bodyheights.
Even tho Swen specificly tells us they will never include any sliders last year in one of first PFH? O_o

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
1D4
Where did you find this? O_o

New characterscreen options like slider for Body slender to obese and some height sliders for every Race in their respective possible bodyheights.
Even tho Swen specificly tells us they will never include any sliders last year in one of first PFH? O_o

- Its no fact its just assuming a Salami is no heavy weapon and from their length in that .gif i guessed 'em light finesse weapons, blunt with a common 1D4 Damage for small light weapons
- ofc i dont want sliders but its either that or checkboxes with predefined bodyforms

Last edited by TheHero; 06/10/21 12:45 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Firesong
...DLSS...

I think adding FSR would be even more important, because anything that can run DLSS should be fast enough to run BG3 without it.

Last Change in steamDB for DLSS was yesterday. But that proves nothing.
I could use DLSS because my Rig I5-4670k +RTX2060 6GB is running on its limits and with all settings up even with some lower in the shadows and ligghting department i drop down to 25FPS in some areas.
The more NPC the less FPS. CPU is bottlenecked by GPU and more NPC is allways heavy CPU usage.
So for my wishfull thinkin DLSS will give me some more FPS even with a bottlenecking CPU.

veteran
veteran
I see ...
It sounds like good guess, when you put it this way ... 1d4 indeed is weakest damage roll in game ... but honestly i would probably not be so surprised if Salami would get just 1Dmg period, no rolling included.

Different bodies also seem much more reasonable than sliders ...

My personal hopes are curently aiming for "starting gear" when creating your characters ... we are asking for quite some time, so fingers crossed. ^_^
(And if ... some class-specific armor aswell ... i mean come on, its sad to see that rogue and ranger have only different collor of their sleeves)

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 06/10/21 12:55 PM.

F
addict
addict
F
...DLSS...

Last Change in steamDB for DLSS was yesterday. But that proves nothing.
I could use DLSS because my Rig I5-4670k +RTX2060 6GB is running on its limits and with all settings up even with some lower in the shadows and ligghting department i drop down to 25FPS in some areas.
The more NPC the less FPS. CPU is bottlenecked by GPU and more NPC is allways heavy CPU usage.
So for my wishfull thinkin DLSS will give me some more FPS even with a bottlenecking CPU.

Neither DLSS nor FSR will help you with the CPU bottleneck, hm...

#JusticeForKarlach

enthusiast
enthusiast
Neither DLSS nor FSR will help you with the CPU bottleneck, hm...

Sure it help, when everything is on highest settings the GPU wont send too many frames to the CPU and therefore CPU is not allways on 100%
So i aim for high GPU usage to give the CPU some breathing. I can even change the resolution and try to go for some DSR by having 4k on a WQHD Monitor.
Give the GPU some sweating time.

Last edited by TheHero; 06/10/21 01:39 PM.
veteran
veteran
featuring a new playable class. Who’s ready to make some magic?

Probably sorcerer then.

N
N
Originally Posted by V_Ben
If you like the sound of meat hitting meat (stop giggling), then you’ll love the latest addition to your arsenal - the equippable Salami. Yes, they can be dual wielded.
lmao. did anybody ask for this tho?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Oh i just realized:
"...featuring a new playable class. Who’s ready to make some magic?"

Which class can MAKE Magic. I mean like Artificer like with artefacts and such. Something which literally makes Spells, not Cast them when learned.
One class which invents Magic.
Probably impossible to RPG that. Seems like its straight out of Franchise like Elder Scrolls where in the early Games and still into skyrim with alchemy you could make your own spells as you wanted em to be.
But in D&D... i dont know how to translate it into that universe.

Last edited by TheHero; 06/10/21 03:17 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by nation
Originally Posted by V_Ben
If you like the sound of meat hitting meat (stop giggling), then you’ll love the latest addition to your arsenal - the equippable Salami. Yes, they can be dual wielded.
lmao. did anybody ask for this tho?
Yes, people on the Panel From Hell Stream asked the LARPG Guys to use the Salami as weapon. They didnt expected the community to be so silly but did it anyway.
Thats now the Answer for those funny chatguys on Twitch.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard