Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by TheHero
Oh i just realized:
"...featuring a new playable class. Who’s ready to make some magic?"

Which class can MAKE Magic. I mean like Artificer like with artefacts and such. Something which literally makes Spells, not Cast them when learned.
One class which invents Magic.
Probably impossible to RPG that. Seems like its straight out of Franchise like Elder Scrolls where in the early Games and still into skyrim with alchemy you could make your own spells as you wanted em to be.
But in D&D... i dont know how to translate it into that universe.

Sorcerer + metamagic.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
enthusiast
enthusiast
if they introduce sorcerer I hope they will finally fix the issue of wizards being able to learn any scroll , also correct me if i'm wrong (writing this from a BG1/2, IWD 1/2 , so DND 2nd and 3.5 ed something player perspective that never played TT ) but what exactly would sorcerer add to the game in terms of mechanics that we don't already have with the wizard ? afaik they can cast more spells a day at the cost of not being able to learn spells,but are otherwise not so different (except different spellcasting ability) or did this change completely in later editions/adaptations ?

Wildest expectation set for disappointment: 60gb patch because they finally introduce time, D/N-weather system, random encounters, and more 'casual inhabitants' making the theme-park feel more 'alive' ?

^^

Last edited by SerraSerra; 06/10/21 03:37 PM.
veteran
veteran
Metamagic is a mechanic that changes spells and that does not exist in the game yet.
The mechanic is new but it also require thinking about the user.interface.

A subclass is also completely wtf and could lead to many thing (they'll have fun showing this to us... The salami may be a side effect of the sorcerer...)

It would make sense to have this class now. They already said that they'll add the harder to implement first and the sorcerer is probably one of them.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 06/10/21 04:00 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
veteran
veteran
Can I cast Shillelagh on my dual wielded salamis?

I just want to go ham on some goblins with my glowing meat sticks!

Feel the fury of my pork!

Blackheifer
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
Metamagic is a mechanic that changes spells and that does not exist in the game yet.
Hopefully they'll have better UI options than having a separate hotbar icon for each metamagic+spell combination. Assuming Larian doesn't overhaul their UI (which they should), I'm thinking that a ~good implementation would be: one hotbar icon for each metamagic you know (so 2 for most sorcerers). Clicking it would open a pop-up window with the various metamagic versions of spells, hopefully automatically excluding any spell that can't be metamagicked (e.g., twinning Burning Hands).

However, this runs into a problem with upcasting; it'd be very messy to list all the possible metamagic spells and their upcasted versions in that popup...

I also wonder how/if Larian will implement Empowered Spell. RAW, you use it after the damage roll, and thus after you see how many 1's you rolled. If you have to Empower a spell before the damage roll, this metamagic will become incredibly weak and ~never worth using.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Blackheifer

recalling mechanics shillelagh wont work on steel weapons. So be sure not to have metal salami.
Not sure about casting on dead meat from animals.
If it would work, why cant i then instantly shillelagh any Pig, Boar, Cow, crossing my way or whatever i slaughter into pieces to make salami?

Viewing it this illogical way as MAgic is just Magic, i guess you cant shillelagh the Salami.

Last edited by TheHero; 06/10/21 04:40 PM.
My big hopes are on Pact of the Blade Warlocks. Been hoping for Bladelock ever since I found out Wyll is obviously meant to be one, at least in flavor. Also, maybe give Great Old One a level 1 feature? They don't have their Awakened Mind from tabletop, nor anything to replace it with. Why did they go with GOO instead of Archfey in Early Access anyway? Archfey seems much simpler to implement, seeing as Charm and Fear are already in the game.

Don't you just hate it when people with dumb opinions have nice avatars?
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by mrfuji3
Hopefully they'll have better UI options than having a separate hotbar icon for each metamagic+spell combination. Assuming Larian doesn't overhaul their UI (which they should), I'm thinking that a ~good implementation would be: one hotbar icon for each metamagic you know (so 2 for most sorcerers). Clicking it would open a pop-up window with the various metamagic versions of spells, hopefully automatically excluding any spell that can't be metamagicked (e.g., twinning Burning Hands).

However, this runs into a problem with upcasting; it'd be very messy to list all the possible metamagic spells and their upcasted versions in that popup...

I also wonder how/if Larian will implement Empowered Spell. RAW, you use it after the damage roll, and thus after you see how many 1's you rolled. If you have to Empower a spell before the damage roll, this metamagic will become incredibly weak and ~never worth using.

Honnestly I can't think about a good UI solution.
Even Solasta did not make a really good job (the best they can I guess).

Maybe something like Pathfinder ?
You "create an icon" for your spells + metamagic option... But it would be a mess to manage this "spell creation" and the hotbar....

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
They already said that they'll add the harder to implement first and the sorcerer is probably one of them.
They did? O_o
Oh ... i gues that explain why we still dont have Barbarian then. laugh

I just want to go ham on some goblins with my glowing meat sticks!

Save this for Gnome playthrough ... that would be fiting. laugh

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
addict
addict
Looks more like a halfling to me. But I have been incorrect once before. Hope I am correct as this guy doesn’t look child like…

Last edited by avahZ Darkwood; 06/10/21 05:23 PM.
veteran
veteran

recalling mechanics shillelagh wont work on steel weapons. So be sure not to have metal salami.
If it would work, why cant i then instantly shillelagh any Pig, Boar, Cow, crossing my way or whatever i slaughter into pieces to make salami?

Viewing it this illogical way as MAgic is just Magic, i guess you cant shillelagh the Salami.

Well some cheap pork/beef sausages have wood products as filler. So...technically...you could shillelagh a bad sausage. Up to the DM. I would allow it.

Blackheifer
veteran
veteran
I really hope that the thing with the salami is a joke or eventually an effect of the wild magic (that would change our weapons, why not) and not another ridiculous step towards their definition of "fun".

Last edited by Maximuuus; 06/10/21 06:01 PM.

journeyman
journeyman
I’m going in a completely different direction on my prediction for Patch 6. Big update - Crafting. New class - Artificer. Who else “makes magic”? They have also had the crafting materials in the game from the beginning with the ability to grab plants, herbs, empty potion bottles, hammers, etc. At some point they are going to fill that out. Why not now? It would also go along with Sven’s statement that he wants to prioritize implementing new systems over new classes. Anyway, that is my prediction and I would welcome it.

(Posted the same comment in a different thread. Sorry if that’s not proper etiquette. Been lurking for a while and first time posting.)

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by smberg
I’m going in a completely different direction on my prediction for Patch 6. Big update - Crafting. New class - Artificer. Who else “makes magic”? They have also had the crafting materials in the game from the beginning with the ability to grab plants, herbs, empty potion bottles, hammers, etc. At some point they are going to fill that out. Why not now? It would also go along with Sven’s statement that he wants to prioritize implementing new systems over new classes. Anyway, that is my prediction and I would welcome it.

(Posted the same comment in a different thread. Sorry if that’s not proper etiquette. Been lurking for a while and first time posting.)
No worries; welcome to the forum! If you stay here long enough (or as you've probably noticed while lurking), many topics get repeated in different threads, both simultaneously and days/weeks/months later.

It would be a very bold move if Larian implemented artificer before even completing the base PHB classes. And artificers would be the perfect class to be released with an overhaul to inventory management/UI/attunement/crafting system.

Last edited by mrfuji3; 06/10/21 06:52 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
Yeah, I could be wrong on Artificer, but I do think that they will implement Crafting at some point. This can be done through adding the appropriate Skills for Herbalism kit, Alchemist kit, and Poisoner’s kit instead of the Artificer class if my understanding is correct. Maybe someone with more knowledge of DnD 5e rules can fill in here.

Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Different bodies also seem much more reasonable than sliders ...

Indeed, it could be Larian reacting to complaints that elves aren't sufficiently elven in appearance. Of course, they could have been planning to further differentiate racial body types all along.

addict
addict
I would like to thank Jess for how many of these Jess did in a row. Way to break the streak Ben.

enthusiast
enthusiast

Well some cheap pork/beef sausages have wood products as filler. So...technically...you could shillelagh a bad sausage. Up to the DM. I would allow it.

HA, thats so Homebrewed wink

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by V_Ben
We’re busy planning a Panel From Hell right around the corner

Oh joy......

enthusiast
enthusiast
Fat Spoiler 8 hours old allready, about which class it is.

It is the SORCERER,
announced on Twitter channel @larianstudios for EGX2021
SORCERER Patch#6 on EGX2021

Last edited by TheHero; 07/10/21 06:43 PM.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard