addict
F
Dual wielding salami sorcerer.

#JusticeForKarlach

Petition to save Karlach: https://www.change.org/p/justice-for-karlach
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Demoulius
Lol you are the one bringing up optional rules and concepts from previous editions. If someone is surrounded they cant face towards everybody. Heck even 2 people attacking from opposite sides mean he cant see 1.

Whatever, il say again: they implemented the literal RAW interpretation of the rule. And then they removed it when feedback about ir showed up saying it was a bit much. What you are referring to is beeing noticed, not seen. Someone can try to sneak stealthily and be noticed by making noise without beeing seen. Youd would know hes there, but if he can attack you from that position wihout becoming visible to you hed get advantage. And yes you can notice someone without seeing them in which case their stealth (if they were trryng to be stealthy) would be broken to you.

You could be attacked by a hunky noisy rusty mecha that you could hear coming from a mile away but if you couldnt see him with your eyes hed get advantage.

Back on topic...

Do we got any proof other then 'something magical' is coming because in dnd that doesent really narrow classes down alot tbh xD
It's all 5e, I quoted the DMG.

The way you want the rule to be interpreted would be a nerf to Swashbuckler.

I didn't expect someone would ever try to deflect by claiming I used previous editions. But, you've shown some of the highest propensity to deflect I've ever seen.

You could be attacked by a hunky noisy rusty mecha that you could hear coming from a mile away but if you couldnt see him with your eyes hed get advantage.
Just no, the player would have to be paralyzed by Hold Person for example. Even if the mecha could travel a mile in 6 seconds the attack should not get advantage. (Unless some other condition is in play).

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Tuco
I'm thankful they're not messing around this time.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Etruscan
I saw an article elsewhere where Larian were promoting (alongside the new class) the forthcoming capability to dual wield salamis…*face palm*

They just can’t help themselves can they? Am I the only grumpy bastard who just doesn’t find this sort of thing very funny…at all? Don’t get me wrong, I love humour but this Larian style just isn’t my thing…
Totally agree, I don't find the salamis remotely funny either.

Well I'm ok with sorcerer, I do hope, that there might be new story too with patch 6

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
F
addict
addict
F
Interesting... one of the things that really draw me to Larian games is this special type of humor.

May coincide with some TV (actually: Netflix / Amazon Prime) series I enjoy a lot.

It feels "familiar", it feels for me like "ok, there are normal people behind all this".

I mean, I can say things like "dual wielding salami sorcerer", this means something to me. I will probably never play this, but the game gives me something to smile and an idea.

#JusticeForKarlach

Petition to save Karlach: https://www.change.org/p/justice-for-karlach
Originally Posted by spacehamster95
From the pre-patch announcement:

"Once again we find ourselves in a familiar situation. We’re out of lockdown and eager to see you all again, but that doesn’t mean we’re slowing down at all. Patch 6 is almost here, and we’re excited for you to get your hands on it! It’s our biggest ever patch for Baldur’s Gate 3. If you’re attending EGX this week in London, you’ll get an exclusive preview...featuring a new playable class. Who’s ready to make some magic?"

I can't wait!!!

YAY! Finally the gods (=Larian) have renounced their evil ways and graced the Sword Coast with the only salvation: The SORCERER. (Disclaimer: Hopefully. The gods are fickle and vengeful and might also torture their hapless follower with the BUUUH-ard.)

My Sorcerer will be abducted by the Illithids like everyone else. But after a few ridiculously easy DC 20 charisma rolls, he will be invited to a nice dinner table to talk things over. After a few more DC 20 charisma throws, the Illithids will agree to henceforth grow their brain food in vats and give us all their valuables. Everyone lives happily ever after, Ethel will become a benevolent witch and there will be no war at the sword coast.

The END.

Far Cry 4 secret ending

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by fylimar
Originally Posted by Etruscan
I saw an article elsewhere where Larian were promoting (alongside the new class) the forthcoming capability to dual wield salamis…*face palm*

They just can’t help themselves can they? Am I the only grumpy bastard who just doesn’t find this sort of thing very funny…at all? Don’t get me wrong, I love humour but this Larian style just isn’t my thing…
Totally agree, I don't find the salamis remotely funny either.

Well I'm ok with sorcerer, I do hope, that there might be new story too with patch 6

It's just like a headline generator. There were probably 2 dozen articles instantly materialized just showing that gif, the way the internet works now. Maybe it's a sausage sorcerer cultural thing? lol

I'd like to see the follow up be with some more geeky deep dives though, into what their people are making. How it will elevate the form and make the game art.
Like do they go the next level and show us how its made? Cause that's the pun right?

veteran
veteran
I dunno ...
Seems sad to me that people can even potentialy get so incredibly upset by the fact that their character is "able" to hold salami as a weapon. -_-

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
I dunno ...
Seems sad to me that people can even potentialy get so incredibly upset by the fact that their character is "able" to hold salami as a weapon. -_-
They didn't say they were upset? They were just pointing out that it isn't funny to them.

I happen to wholeheartedly agree with them. To me it comes across as some kind of juvenile forced humor situation. I loved wielding a dildo in San Andreas as a kid, but as an adult it's kind of cringey. Like Duke Nukem throwing his feces around the room or something.

I'm not upset with it, but I find it stupid all the same.

Seriously hoping for something more than just a Sorcerer though. There's still a lot of base material missing from Act 1.

veteran
veteran
I dunno ...

I'm personnaly surprised by the fact that some people can find this fun^^
Ok it could be a fun meme made by Padzi really ! But something they really work on and implement in the game ? A "serious" and "mature" game with salami as weapons ?

That's exactly why Larian's games never have been unforgetable / legendary to me until now : many things are totally incoherent.
That's even more true in BG3 than it was in DoS because everything is WTF in Rivellon... Not in the FR.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 07/10/21 09:04 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
veteran
veteran
I dunno ...
It depends on how much emphasis Larian puts on the salami. If there is no more mention of it besides a line or two in the patch notes and <2 minutes in the Panel from Hell 4? 5? (ugh), then sure it's fine.

But if Larian devotes a too-large portion of time: making jokes about the salami, constantly referencing the salami, and salami(!) is representative of other changes in this patch, then that's different. In this case I'd be disappointed that more time wasn't spent on things I find interesting - updated mechanics, story, NPCs, companions, Q&A with the audience - but instead was spent on a meme I don't particularly find funny.

Salami won't encourage me to play the game again. New impactful mechanics/story/companion will. My hope (if the salami is mentioned again) is that it's just a single option on the Wild Magic table.

Salami could be useful for the Monk class, if you want to roleplay the only use what comes to hand as a weapon, otherwise it's fists and feet only.

E
addict
addict
E
At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Larian throw a curveball and announce that the new class is in fact the Butcher, a Larian exclusive class given the green light by Wizards themselves.

Throw hocks of ham at your enemies!
Dual wield a pair of Bratwursts!
Launch pork pies from your crossbow!
Don a +2 Intelligence bacon rasher headband.
Find recipes throughout the game and craft your own meat weapons!

D
old hand
old hand
D
Originally Posted by DragonSnooz

I didn't expect someone would ever try to deflect by claiming I used previous editions. But, you've shown some of the highest propensity to deflect I've ever seen.

Just no, the player would have to be paralyzed by Hold Person for example. Even if the mecha could travel a mile in 6 seconds the attack should not get advantage. (Unless some other condition is in play).
Quote me a page with a rule that says you magicly teleport around to face whoever is attacking you when you are aware of them and I will concede that you are correct. And for the 2nd bit you would get the advantage. Because I stated 'if you couldnt see him with your eyes'. Whatever is the cause of that is 100% irrelevant.

I dont think people are upset per se about the Salami's but they just dont think its funny. Not everyone has the same sense of humor. Some people might find fart jokes or slapstick funny while another might not for example.

I dont find it funny but I think thats because im missing a reference or something.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by spacehamster95
If you look at reddit, there are plenty of people who vibe with their sense of humor.

I honestly think their current business model is to create a twitch / reddit / youtube meme factory and less a game. With how the net works now a days, that may not be a bad business model.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Demoulius
Originally Posted by DragonSnooz

Quote me a page with a rule that says you magicly teleport around to face whoever is attacking you when you are aware of them and I will concede that you are correct. And for the 2nd bit you would get the advantage. Because I stated 'if you couldnt see him with your eyes'. Whatever is the cause of that is 100% irrelevant.

I dont think people are upset per se about the Salami's but they just dont think its funny. Not everyone has the same sense of humor. Some people might find fart jokes or slapstick funny while another might not for example.

I dont find it funny but I think thats because im missing a reference or something.
You're not going to find that, because creatures can pivot 90/180/270/N degrees. They are in constant motion, even if combat is broken up into rounds and turns. A creature can turn their head/body.

Movement and Position
In combat, characters and monsters are in constant motion, often using movement and position to gain the upper hand.

It's why Sneak Attack has this clarification:
You don’t need advantage on the attack roll if another enemy of the target is within 5 feet of it, that enemy isn’t incapacitated, and you don’t have disadvantage on the attack roll.
Because the creature is now limited in what they can focus on, a rogue can get Sneak Attack. Creatures can rotate their body freely unless something is specifically stopping them from doing so.

veteran
veteran
To Demoulis and Dragonsnooz... While it's an interesting back and forth, I'd personally appreciate it if you either let it rest, or made a new thread to have the discussion in - at this stage it's very far removed from the topic of the thread and the discussion that others are attempting to have around you.

==

I'm in that group of people who aren't annoyed by the salami thing per se, but rather, a little agitated that they spent more words, images and update space talking about this joke weapon gimmick that they have had *someone* at least dedicate time and resources to making and putting in the game, than they gave to actual content information. This is the sort of thing that should be an easter egg, tucked away to be found and discovered as a fun surprise and a hat tip to those in the know. Falling over themselves to tell you the joke in laborious fashion largely removes all sense of humour from the act, and definitely robs it of any possible charm it might have had as well.

I'm looking forward to see what they do with Sorcerer, but I'm concerned at the moment that one of Larian's statements was that they wanted to get the hard and difficult things in first... and yet we've still not seen a proper reaction system. There's a big update for magic, spells and casting coming in the future (or so it has been suggested), though, so the hope is that it's all there, with that.

Last edited by Niara; 07/10/21 11:29 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Personally, I've never been much for the spellcasters, to be honest with you. As for me, I'm hoping that they add more unique weapons and armor. Not things like that Drow sword that was only a +1 I mean they could have done a lot better than that. Allowing us to get to level 5 now would be nice or even a whole new area to explore. I'll see what they add in this next upgrade and decide whether or not I do another run-through of the game during EA

Last edited by DragonMaster69; 07/10/21 11:57 PM.
L
addict
addict
L
Any news yet on what makes this patch bigger than the Druid one?

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Niara
To Demoulis and Dragonsnooz... While it's an interesting back and forth, I'd personally appreciate it if you either let it rest, or made a new thread to have the discussion in - at this stage it's very far removed from the topic of the thread and the discussion that others are attempting to have around you.

==

I'm in that group of people who aren't annoyed by the salami thing per se, but rather, a little agitated that they spent more words, images and update space talking about this joke weapon gimmick that they have had *someone* at least dedicate time and resources to making and putting in the game, than they gave to actual content information. This is the sort of thing that should be an easter egg, tucked away to be found and discovered as a fun surprise and a hat tip to those in the know. Falling over themselves to tell you the joke in laborious fashion largely removes all sense of humour from the act, and definitely robs it of any possible charm it might have had as well.

I'm looking forward to see what they do with Sorcerer, but I'm concerned at the moment that one of Larian's statements was that they wanted to get the hard and difficult things in first... and yet we've still not seen a proper reaction system. There's a big update for magic, spells and casting coming in the future (or so it has been suggested), though, so the hope is that it's all there, with that.
Sorry, I did offer DMs.

Salami as an improvised weapon shouldn't really change anything about the game overall. And sorcerer has had data-mined spells for a while now, so I think it's more of a put out a new class sooner than later. A shift away from classes by order of difficulty. Also, after druid are any classes really that difficult? They should be mostly equivalent.

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard