Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
My beloved Larian, I know it's still early access and there's still a lot to be done on BG3, but I'm losing hope that the approval issues with the Gale romance will ever be corrected.

Right now, my current OC has gotten through the "I need to eat big magic items" cut scene, but no further. His approval has now hit "Exceptional." No more cut scenes are triggering. It's extremely frustrating that there will never be a romance option with Gale BECAUSE HE LIKES ME TOO MUCH.

I sincerely hope you guys can fix that. If it will help, I'm willing to bribe you with baked goods.

Thank you.

Artist, Writer, Poet, Crank
Art, poetry, and prose of a grim and unserious nature.
https://www.lrjonte.com/
stranger
stranger
I hope so too. In the meantime, you have to take it really slow with Gale and camp/rest a LOT. Make sure you rest after each approval up grade, medium, high, very high. You may have to rest more than once for each so you get all of Gale's cut scenes. Also, keep in mind his approval jumps up a lot in the grove if you play a good aligned character. Anyway, you need his weave scene to kick off the romance which I believe triggers at the high level. Good luck!

Incidentally, and if you haven't found this out already, if you can get a mod where he is shirtless during the actual romance scene, it's so well worth it...

veteran
veteran
To be fair, until you get a magical robe, there's no reason for Gale not to be naked all the time anyway <.< >.>

I did a full pyjama party run at one point, where everyone had mage armour and mage armour was the best, or near best, option for them, so everyone fought in their undies just because. Good times.

==

the other thing to mention with trying to tease out the Gale romance is that as well as resting every time his approval changes, also make sure that you rest every time you complete any kind of cut-scene action that involves a decision; even if his approval doesn't change, he often has a flag acknowledging how you handled it, and these add up in the background as well. Basically, keep him in your party and sleep any time anything happens at all.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Niara
To be fair, until you get a magical robe, there's no reason for Gale not to be naked all the time anyway <.< >.>

I did a full pyjama party run at one point, where everyone had mage armour and mage armour was the best, or near best, option for them, so everyone fought in their undies just because. Good times.

Indeed... ;-)

==

Originally Posted by Niara
the other thing to mention with trying to tease out the Gale romance is that as well as resting every time his approval changes, also make sure that you rest every time you complete any kind of cut-scene action that involves a decision; even if his approval doesn't change, he often has a flag acknowledging how you handled it, and these add up in the background as well. Basically, keep him in your party and sleep any time anything happens at all.

Great advice.

Link Copied to Clipboard