Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Bomor
Originally Posted by Tuco
I really hope the (eventual) rise in popularity of the Steam Deck will somehow convince developers and publishers to dial it back a little with these goddamn useless launchers and clients.
I guess the launcher makes sense during EA for Larian to help gather metrics on how players interact with the game, problems they encounter, crash reports etc. The launcher is optional, though (i.e. you can launch the game without it).
I could list two pages of reasons why private launchers may be convenient for developers and publishers, but it doesn't change the problem: they are a nuisance for the final user.
What's even more important, they are superfluous even for their main goal (which is usually A- forcing you to create an account with that company B- direct data gathering) as the same results can be achieved with an IN-GAME integration, without external bloatware.

Last edited by Tuco; 28/08/21 08:21 PM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by AerezDrey
Originally Posted by Tuco
back to wonder how many months away that "closer than we think" patch 6 is supposed to be.

On the plus side, the new Pathfinder game is only about 1 week away. So that will give us plenty to do while BG3 is working on the next big content patch.

Have a great day!

Pathfinder game? hadn't heard about this one. You happen to have a link to it? Thanks

veteran
veteran

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
U
stranger
stranger
U
Sweet, ordered. Hopefully Larian will release another race or something by the time I finish this game.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Thanks ordered this one here. Will give me something to play for a while

old hand
old hand
This hotfix v4.1.1.1223666 can offend someone's religious feelings. Please do not name versions with "666", v4.1.1.1223667 be better!

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
veteran
veteran
Lol. If that offends them, they probably won't be playing this game. That would be the least offensive thing to them. 😃

Oh. Or are you saying you are offended? 😮

Last edited by GM4Him; 12/10/21 02:30 AM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by GM4Him
Lol. If that offends them, they probably won't be playing this game. That would be the least offensive thing to them. 😃

Oh. Or are you saying you are offended? 😮
It didn't hurt me personally, but it's a devilish hotfix! weird

Last edited by OneManArmy; 12/10/21 11:41 AM.

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
veteran
veteran
Maybe it was intentional. After all, they do have a whole devil theme going with the game. Zariel, Avernus, Raphael, all the tieflings, Panels from Hell...

Ya know, not a lot of people really talking much about the devil theme aspect of the story. The focus is usually more on mind flayers and the Absolute. Gotta wonder, how much of everything happening is really spawned by the Hells?

veteran
veteran
Maybe it was intentional. After all, they do have a whole devil theme going with the game. Zariel, Avernus, Raphael, all the tieflings, Panels from Hell...

Ya know, not a lot of people really talking much about the devil theme aspect of the story. The focus is usually more on mind flayers and the Absolute. Gotta wonder, how much of everything happening is really spawned by the Hells?

Hail Satan!

As an Atheist the above means nothing to me.

Its funny, I love the story elements of magic, demons, angels, Gods and of course D&D, but in real life I reject all superstition. It's been said that humans need to love and they need to believe, but I think more accurately humans need to engage in imagination or imaginative play. I think belief is not needed.

Anyway, I am off to spill some salt and ignore black cats while walking under ladders.

Blackheifer
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Blackheifer

Hail Satan!

As an Atheist the above means nothing to me.

Its funny, I love the story elements of magic, demons, angels, Gods and of course D&D, but in real life I reject all superstition. It's been said that humans need to love and they need to believe, but I think more accurately humans need to engage in imagination or imaginative play. I think belief is not needed.

Anyway, I am off to spill some salt and ignore black cats while walking under ladders.

Being a Christian who knows and loves Christ, it isn't just superstition, imagination and myth and belief. I know the Lord Jesus Christ, not just as a belief, but as a best friend. I can't even begin to tell you all the miraculous things He's done for me and my family.

That said, I also have no issue with things like this. Christ died that the sins of the world are wiped out. Only one sin remains; do you reject Him and His sacrifice? No sins are therefore held against me, for I have accepted Him, love Him and want to be like Him.

And Satan has no power but what people give him. 666 also has no power unless someone gives it power. Either way, I belong to Christ, so nothing anyone does can truly harm me. Kill this body, and send me to paradise sooner. That's all you'd do.

I live therefore, in peace, for I know my ending, and it is good. Call it a delusion if you like, but my "belief" makes me happy, gives me peace, and makes me a better person. Christ provides me security, love, and true joy. There is nothing but positivity with Him.

To NOT have such assurance. To believe that when you die, there is nothing?... How are you NOT insane with fear of death? Truly, it takes more faith to believe there is no God than that there is one.

To believe that all things just accidentally developed into all we know is like Larian creating BG3 by randomly scrambling all the code together until the game, over time, simply developed into what it is now but without glitches. Our universe, after all, is infinitely more complex than this game, yet randomly creating this game in such a way, especially without glitches, would be beyond logical reasoning. It requires incredible faith indeed.

Last edited by GM4Him; 12/10/21 08:27 PM.
veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Hail Satan!
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Hail Satan!
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

I've decided to stop ignoring you Reggie. I'm sorry we've had issues in the past, and I'm sorry if I insulted you or hurt your feelings. I've recently had a return to Jesus moment, and he pretty much told me that I need to stop getting so cranky with people out here. So I truly am sorry.

Anyway, I laughed at your post. Worshiping science and believing in it are like worshiping and believing in Sylvanus. After all, isn't science really just studying the nature of all things and the rules that all things abide by?

I view God like he is a master programmer and the world and all of nature and science are just one massive, complex super fast computer. The Bible teaches that all things are created by the word of God. Likewise, everything in a computer generated world is created by line upon line of computer code. So, all of nature and science is dictated and controlled by the laws of the universe just like a computer generated world is controlled by the laws that the computer programmer puts into place. Larian, therefore, is the god of Baldur's Gate 3. If they dictate that a character can jump a hundred feet through the air and do a Hulk smash, then that is the rule that governs that world.

So to worship science, it is like a computer generated character worshiping the computer and not the programmer who thought up that characters existence and actually programmed them into being. It is the worship of something unintelligent that was created by and used buy someone intelligent to create the intelligent instead of giving respect and honor and worship to the one who created the intelligent one.

This has been Deep Thoughts by GM4Him. Thank you.

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Well religion is one of few things i dont debate about ... in english.
This was just joke from Futurama.

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 13/10/21 05:54 AM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
Who's debating religion? I was just giving food for thought.

Many ask, "Why should I accept Christ?"

I ask, "Why not?"

Even, let's just say, I'm wrong. What are the benefits?

1. I believe my moral crimes are forgiven, so I'm not weighed down by guilt.
2. I trust everything is going to work out okay, no matter how bad it gets.
3. I learn to be a better person and less of a jerk; a work in progress.
4. I feel bad when I hurt people, do it makes me want to change my ways.
5. I believe I will live forever in paradise, so not as much fear of death.
6. I have someone worth living for even when everyone else fails me.
7. I know I'm loved, even when no one else loves me.
8. I receive guidance in making decisions so I don't ruin my life as often.
9. I get miracle after miracle happening in my life that can't be simple coincidence, like sudden financial support days before losing everything, a loan being approved just days before getting kicked out of my apartment so I can buy a house for my family in a whole different state God told me to move to, healing when there was no medical cure, etc.
10. In short, peace, joy, and love.

What are the benefits to not believing?

1. I can do whatever I want and numb my conscience so I don't feel guilty about it. I never have to answer, really, to anyone. I can live 100% how I want and trample whoever I want under my feet because, after all, if I don't answer to a higher power, who is there to be good for? Why not eat, drink, cheat, steal and kill as long as it makes me happy, because my next breath could be my last?

Anyway, not debating. Just my viewpoint.

veteran
veteran
I feel like the BG3 Forum, especially the Latest News/Patch Announcement subsection, isn't the best place for proselytizing your religion...

If you're going to do it, at least put it in BG3: General and tie it to dialogue/ideas/themes in the game. Or better yet, use the forum's General - Chat section.

veteran
veteran
Indeed. No politics or religion, please. All faiths and beliefs or lack thereof is great for what ever makes people happy, but do it at home.

veteran
veteran
Sorry. Yes. Got carried away. You're right. It's amazing how something as simple as the number 666 can cause a topic to get derailed. A mention of atheism here, and Hail Satan and Science there...

So, Next Patch! I'm really hoping to see some incredible changes. I hope they remove height advantage and fix some of the bugs and make camping supplies and especially inventory management more fun and easier to use.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by The Composer
Indeed. No politics or religion, please. All faiths and beliefs or lack thereof is great for what ever makes people happy, but do it at home.

Er, quite. It's even summoned me out of hiding. I noticed that number as a file size through rather bleary eyes earlier on; I need more sleep.

J'aime le fromage.
old hand
old hand
Sorry. Yes. Got carried away. You're right. It's amazing how something as simple as the number 666 can cause a topic to get derailed. A mention of atheism here, and Hail Satan and Science there...

So, Next Patch! I'm really hoping to see some incredible changes. I hope they remove height advantage and fix some of the bugs and make camping supplies and especially inventory management more fun and easier to use.

It would be interesting to see it in the 420 hotfix

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard