Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
addict
OP Offline
addict
F
1. The tadpole makes it easy to form a party for a common goal, it even seems as if this was one of its main intentions
2. The mindflayers are very clever
3. This is all leading somewhere

So, since theorizing is allowed here: what if we're being tricked and played by the mindflayers into doing what we are currently doing? What if everything we do now is part of their masterplan?

Thats my fan theory for now.

#JusticeForKarlach

Petition to save Karlach: https://www.change.org/p/justice-for-karlach
veteran
veteran
A theory I'm tentatively playing around with is that the Illithid that took US is actually a rogue mindflayer (and there can easily have been fewer on the ship than it seems, since an illithid in control of a nautiloid has the ability to evoke duplicates of itself for combat purposes and other task managing; there may have actually been very few mindflayers on the ship to begin with). The Gith and everyone else aren't going to know the difference, of course, but I'm toying with the idea that this rogue ship was working against the overarching plans of whatever mindflayer structure is doing the tadpoles for everyone else and is behind the absolute cult... we're tangibly different from all of them because our implantations came from a very different source, with a very different goal, and will ultimately set us against absolutists and other people with tadpoles.

Last edited by Niara; 10/10/21 11:48 PM.
veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
I kinda liked this crazy theory that no matter what we do, we will turn eventualy ...
So in the end we will find some way to travel through time, and try to stop the mind flayer before he even give us our tadpoles ... then, just before we activate the magic, we will turn, and that mindflayer gets back through time ... and in the big finish, we find out that is the one who had to slay every other Illithid on board, kidnap us and tadpolize us, so he ensure his own existence. :P

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
Hey Rag, have you ever played the Legacy of Kain/Soul Reaver series? You might enjoy it.

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Oh yes whole series all 5 titles. 😊
And i must say that while Blood Omen 2 was a misstake Legacy of Kain: Defiance is in my eyes masterpiece! I rarely hit to title that handles traveling trhroug time and dimensions so well.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
I thought so ^.^
I'm just sad that we're never going to see the actual end of the story....

K
journeyman
journeyman
K
AH yes... the eternal cliffhanger of Kain vowing to seek revenge on what the elder god did to them and seeing the truth at last lol. Was a great series old Legacy of Kain. I would greatly love to see a full remake of the first Blood omen with full 3d graphics or at least a release of the original on GOG. Simon Templeman's voice-acting of Kain will always be one of my favourites.

Just like how I could not ever imagine another voice for Sarevok from the original Baldur's Gate series.

Seeing you guys have played LoK series, did any of you also play Return to Krondor (very old ripg) or the original Vampires the Masquerade RPG?

veteran
veteran
I've played VtM:Bloodline to death, bugs and all, and I love it ^.^ My mind ever traces the spiderwebs of the cracked mirror... BUT I don't want to derail too far from the topic, so I probably won't get into any further video game discussions here, hehe.

K
journeyman
journeyman
K
Probably best yeah smile

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Firesong
1. The tadpole makes it easy to form a party for a common goal, it even seems as if this was one of its main intentions
2. The mindflayers are very clever
3. This is all leading somewhere

So, since theorizing is allowed here: what if we're being tricked and played by the mindflayers into doing what we are currently doing? What if everything we do now is part of their masterplan?

Thats my fan theory for now.

Turn it around.
The Mindflayers are only interested in their own survival.
They dont like Magic, so obviously they want to fight such abominations like their t(h)ampered tadpoles.

Either the Mindflayers are enslaved by something else stronger then therir hivemind or they are somehow entangled in a conspiracy of epic proportions and have to do someones else bidding or be exterminated.

Or

Theres a renegade Mindflayer group trying to change they way of Mindflayer society.
Similar to the Mindflayer Omeluum who was born with the abilitiy to learn magic. (have to guess here if hes more like a wizard or sorcerer as a mindflayer???)

Probably its a much bigger story and several factions in the game try to seize the right moment for the powergrab.

I am really excited about what it will be in the end. If theres just only one power behind it, like a puppetmaster playing all those strings.

Last edited by TheHero; 13/10/21 02:05 PM.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard