Next Thread
Print Thread
#792649 13/10/21 02:04 PM
F
addict
OP Offline
addict
F
I thought about that a lot, and I think that increasing the level cap to 5 in EA would be really helpful for everyone.

Problem as I see it now is that EA has enough content in patch 5 already to even allow for level 6 (level 5 is reached quite some time before the content ends, lots of fights after that, etc...).

And then also this would allow for trying out the balancing at the (actually gamechanging) level 5 and beyond. We will not know, just to give an example, how "Fireball" will play out.

Another reason is that I think that quite a few people would love to start over if level 5 is added, but with the level still capped to 4 I don't feel like doing it, just again.

Horizontal (more classes) vs. vertical (more levels) progress should be balanced.

#JusticeForKarlach

Petition to save Karlach: https://www.change.org/p/justice-for-karlach
enthusiast
enthusiast
What will another level bring to the EA but just one more feat or just overpowering party to a game which is to beat easy enough with some brainjuice using?

Maybe im not using enough of my own grey matter?

F
addict
OP Offline
addict
F
Originally Posted by TheHero
What will another level bring to the EA but just one more feat or just overpowering party to a game which is to beat easy enough with some brainjuice using?

Maybe im not using enough of my own grey matter?

Experimentation.

Of course you can faceroll through all the existing content @ L4 (except for the Githyanki fight, ok), but having L5 would allow for new experimentation.

#JusticeForKarlach

veteran
veteran
What will another level bring to the EA

Level 3 spells AOE like fireball.
We have to check if they're going with surfaces or not.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
F
addict
OP Offline
addict
F
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
What will another level bring to the EA

Level 3 spells AOE like fireball.
We have to check if they're going with surfaces or not.

And we have to check how such skills change the balance.

#JusticeForKarlach

enthusiast
enthusiast
Fireball is just the same as barrelmancy wink

veteran
veteran
I would love to get haste and fireball in EA!

However, people might ask for it to be nerfed, so maybe it is better to wait for full release so it doesn’t get nerfed!

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Icelyn

However, people might ask for it to be nerfed, so maybe it is better to wait for full release so it doesn’t get nerfed!

Nerfed it if Larian make it op, probably !

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
Originally Posted by Icelyn

Nerfed it if Larian make it op, probably !

On a forum where melee dipping is considered more OP than a Warlock, they'll have to nerf it, no matter what they do.

C
addict
addict
C
OP, there are mods that give you access to higher levels if you want to play around with them. They're fun, but wicked OP. I really like Icelyn's thought about holding that stuff back so complaints don't get it nerfed.

veteran
veteran
I dunno ...
On one hand i would like to have level 5 with all those sweet power-ups ... especialy for Eldrich Blast. :3

On the other hand i would like Larian to implememt things are missing right now on previous levels since there is a lot cantrips of 1st level spells we dont have yet. :-/

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by colinl8
I really like Icelyn's thought about holding that stuff back so complaints don't get it nerfed.
Eh, it makes no sense whatsoever.
To the point I assumed she was just joking.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
K
journeyman
journeyman
K
I have never seen spells in any Forgotten realms games being 'nerfed' beyond what they are in the playershandbook of whichever DnD version they are based on. The only things I expect they will adjust would be the amount of surface a spell leaves in its wake (if any at all).

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Kimuriel
I have never seen spells in any Forgotten realms games being 'nerfed' beyond what they are in the playershandbook of whichever DnD version they are based on.
I have heard that NWN2 heavily "balanced" spells. Can't verify that due to my unfamiliarity with the source material.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Wormerine
Originally Posted by Kimuriel
I have never seen spells in any Forgotten realms games being 'nerfed' beyond what they are in the playershandbook of whichever DnD version they are based on.
I have heard that NWN2 heavily "balanced" spells. Can't verify that due to my unfamiliarity with the source material.
Never looked into the numeric details of NWN 2, but given how deep my dislike for it runs, I could argue that this would just go to add to a plethora of bad design decisions that made NWN 2 an absolute shitshow for me.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard