Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
M
stranger
stranger
M
Originally Posted by Bomor
Originally Posted by Miriania
Nope. And there was a big update installed today, which I assume was patch 6 (it took over an hour to download).
So I assume you don't see the sorcerer class in the character creator? What's the game version number shown in the game now after the download you mentioned?

So, the same as it says here on the patch. I can't figure out what's wrong.

-Better a witty fool than a foolish wit-
veteran
veteran
@Tuco: How did you like the new/updated graphics in the game?
So far I'm fairly neutral toward it. It's nothing particularly striking, more like a whole lot of tweaks here and there.
It also comes with a noticeable (but in my case not crippling) impact on the performances, since framerate seems to be lower compared to the previous patch.

Oh, and FSR looks like complete ass. It's blurry as hell and I disabled it in a matter of minutes.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
B
B
Nope. And there was a big update installed today, which I assume was patch 6 (it took over an hour to download).
So I assume you don't see the sorcerer class in the character creator? What's the game version number shown in the game now after the download you mentioned?

The GOG installation file shows version 3_4.1.1.1302024
I don't know if they caught a last-minute issue. Still, it would be strange because the sorcerer was clearly present in their stream yesterday.

M
stranger
stranger
M

The GOG installation file shows version 3_4.1.1.1302024
I don't know if they caught a last-minute issue. Still, it would be strange because the sorcerer was clearly present in their stream yesterday.

I know, I don't get it. Wondering if I should try reinstalling the whole thing, but not sure if it would make any difference considering I'm on the version this post lists as patch 6.

-Better a witty fool than a foolish wit-
B
B
I haven't installed the latest version yet but I plan on a fresh install either way (always do for each new major release). I just checked on Twitch and see several streams with sorcerers in it with the version number you posted so you should be fine (but clearly something isn't in your install). Maybe a clean install can help? Anyone else with this issue?

veteran
veteran
I must say i have lot of fun with Wild Magic sorcerer ... so far i hardly managed to trigger any purely negative effect. laugh
But the best part of it, is that when some effect happens, your character casts it properly ... including verbal components.

Just few minutes ago my Sorcerer yelled "fog" when Wild Magic was triggered ...
But i certainly thinked at first she said much less polite word starting with F. laugh

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 15/10/21 01:11 PM.

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
addict
addict
I didn't see it in the release notes, but when you look at your XP now, it displays the remaining points needed for next level again.
Good thing. I found it very annoying to see only spaces for this value.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
I must say i have lot of fun with Wild Magic sorcerer ... so far i hardly managed to trigger any purely negative effect. laugh
But the best part of it, is that when some effect happens, your character casts it properly ... including verbal components.

Just few minutes ago my Sorcerer yelled "fog" when Wild Magic was triggered ...
But i certainly thinked at first she said much less polite word starting with F. laugh

I did.... I'm forgetting what I tried to cast, but it put blur on my entire party!

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by V_Ben
Patch 6 for Baldur's Gate 3 is now live!

Baldur’s Gate 3 - Patch 6 notes

N
[*] Cloud of Daggers: This spell protects the caster, surrounding them in a cloud of flying daggers.

I think this may be a bit inaccurate. The spell is more like Moonbeam, but you can't move it. If you cast it on yourself I am pretty sure it will kill you. ;D

Blackheifer
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Don Bartenstein
put blur on my entire party!
Lucky you ... i put in on my sorcerer and cambion general. xD

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
My main takeaways:

New area and class; yay.
No level 5 or Pact of the Blade; boo.

Guess I'll hold out for whenever Solasta has its update with Barbarian and Druid and maybe I'll finally beat Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous in the meantime.

Don't you just hate it when people with dumb opinions have nice avatars?
B
stranger
stranger
B
Larian Studios, it's already almost 24 hours delay for Mac/Stadia patch. Honestly, I feel quite disappointed.

stranger
stranger
Love you Larian, thank you for your great work! Game looks magnificent with the new update.
Btw, I've played Patch 6 yesterday and noticed that there is no more Sailor background in character creator. Is this a bug?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Tuco
Originally Posted by fylimar
But I agree that it would be nice to see level 5 soon.
We aren't getting anything else "soon", given that Swen Vincke just told to Eurogamer to "not expect any other update for several months" after this one.

That's a bummer. Thanks for the info, didn't saw that.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
N
stranger
stranger
N
Any new ETA on Stadia Patch? Can I use a Sorcery Point to help? smile

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by bohdan
Larian Studios, it's already almost 24 hours delay for Mac/Stadia patch. Honestly, I feel quite disappointed.
I feel the same, unfortunately. The fact that they say it will be released ''soon'' makes me think it will not be on Stadia today however...

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by nagojohn

Unfortunately, we don't have access to those sorcery points until we get the new patch. Stadia and Mac seems to be an afterthought. We obviously aren't who they are making the game for. It's too bad because the game costs the same on every platform. Maybe every platform should be treated equally.

Shaolin Stoner
veteran
veteran
Can we please get an announcement on when to expect a patch 6 update on Stadia?

B
B
Originally Posted by ShaolinStoner
Originally Posted by nagojohn

Unfortunately, we don't have access to those sorcery points until we get the new patch. Stadia and Mac seems to be an afterthought. We obviously aren't who they are making the game for. It's too bad because the game costs the same on every platform. Maybe every platform should be treated equally.

Please see this here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1176513715?t=2h56m38s

We can only speculate if this is because of Stadia or Larian but they are not holding it back intentionally or treating it as an afterthought. They just need time to address technical difficulties. Don't get me wrong, I understand your frustration, I just don't think anyone is delaying this on purpose. As for the Mac version, this usually comes a few days later. I'd personally love a Linux version (there's an afterthought for ya) hehe And yes, I know they haven't announced it for Linux at all...

veteran
veteran
Please see this here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1176513715?t=2h56m38s

We can only speculate if this is because of Stadia or Larian but they are not holding it back intentionally or treating it as an afterthought. They just need time to address technical difficulties. Don't get me wrong, I understand your frustration, I just don't think anyone is delaying this on purpose. As for the Mac version, this usually comes a few days later. I'd personally love a Linux version (there's an afterthought for ya) hehe And yes, I know they haven't announced it for Linux at all...

Yeah, I know it's a technical issue. I just wish we could get a ballpark time frame. I imagine someone somewhere might know if it's possible that the issue could be resolved today or if it will probably take until Monday. Or even later? It would be really nice if that information could be shared.

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard