Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by ALexws
Originally Posted by Black_Elk
I dig the subtitle this time, reminds me of 3d models and Dwarves hehe. New location will be a draw for sure
very like to be the Duergar camp. This location has existed in Patch 3(at least) and has been polished since. It seems that it's almost completely in patch 5
Finally a place to get rid of those pesky lil boots.
Had to cut off the fronts to fit in anyway.

Ayyy, finally something to make me install the game again. I can justify another run to see the new location and mess around with it.

I hope there's some much needed gameplay tweaks too.

C
addict
addict
C
Originally Posted by Topgoon
I wonder if we'll get an EA level-cap increase with this too?

I had the same thought/hope, but then I read the EA FAQ for the first time, and they're matter-of-factly concrete about 4, so I'm sadly confident we won't.

veteran
veteran
No more advantage for highground confirmed, +2 to attack rolls ! very good grin

But A LOT of new action and bonus action depending the weapons we use. I'm a bit sceptical but we'll have to try. Definitely not a fan of doing the same bonus actions over and over again each turns...

Last edited by Maximuuus; 14/10/21 05:03 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
veteran
veteran
advantage from highground is gone! (+2 instead) - Wooo!

Hotbar overhaul must be remade though - extra special weapon abilities mean even more homebrew junk to pollute the hotbar, and hotbar just got shorter with another metamagic tab. Wouldn't it make more sense to pile those weapon actions on left side? Now there is a big gap between portraits and weapon attacks. I assume most people didn't use those and that's why Larian moved them to the hotbar, among other abilities.

EDIT: Patch is out on GOG. Should be on steam as well.

Last edited by Wormerine; 14/10/21 05:35 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
Definitely not a fan of doing the same bonus actions over and over again each turns...
I believe when Swen used his ability it become unusable afterwards ...
So it probably is once per s/l-rest

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
Definitely not a fan of doing the same bonus actions over and over again each turns...
I believe when Swen used his ability it become unusable afterwards ...
So it probably is once per s/l-rest

ok... so you'll shove all the time when you don't know what to do then use the other bonus action between every short rests.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
veteran
veteran
I can't really follow the stream here at work so I'm just watching sparse bites of it, but still... I'm very confused about the structure of this stream.
Why are they basically spoiling the entire new area instead of focusing on explaining/showing mechanical improvements and fixes?

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
addict
addict
new patch notes are up on steam and elsewhere. just saying.

S
addict
addict
S
You don't have to watch it if you don't wanna be spoiled.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Sigi98
No shit.
Except people wouldn't know they were being spoiled before watching it.

Last edited by Tuco; 14/10/21 06:09 PM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Tuco
I'm very confused about the structure of this stream.
Why are they basically spoiling the entire new area instead of focusing on explaining/showing mechanical improvements and fixes?
Crit path of it, and I assume one way to achieve the objecitve - plus some ways of cheesing the encounters and how game reacts to it. Final encounter was won using the holy power of barrelmancy using a unique more powerful barrel. If you want to see all of it by yourself then don't watch the stream, obv.

Throughout the stream they did try to showcase Sorcerer class and few new features (biggest addition is graphical lighting overhaul).

I will definitely take that over larping.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Sigi98
No shit.
Except people wouldn't know they were being spoiled before watching it.

People can turn it off as the two guys very clearly stated the mission statement for today's stream in the beginning. Also it was kinda advertised this way.

Last edited by spacehamster95; 14/10/21 06:12 PM.
veteran
veteran
Anyway, to summarize: it's a new class (incidentally the one that arguably introduced the least amount of novelties), zero new races, a bunch of graphical tweaks and a new area BUT with no raise to level cap.

Eh, maybe it sounds worse that it is, but on paper I'd say that it sounds fairly underwhelming.

P.S. also, not sure what they changed about how they process updates but it's taking forever for me on Steam, while in the past I was always done in mere minutes.

Last edited by Tuco; 14/10/21 06:16 PM.

veteran
veteran
Anyway, to summarize: it's a new class (incidentally the one that arguably introduced the least amount of novelties), zero new races, a bunch of graphical tweaks and a new area BUT with no raise to level cap.
New class, new spells - as far as class novelties: wild magic, and metamagic. new area, and apparently some updates to underdark (how extensive those are I don't know). New lignting improvement, which does enhance the look of a game quite a bit. Extra weapon skill unlocked with proficiency depending on the quality of the weapon.

P.S. also, not sure what they changed about how they process updates but it's taking forever for me on Steam, while in the past I was always done in mere minutes.
Considering the graphical improvements it is possible that quite a few core files get changed. GOG patch is 76GB. Outside having to download the content (going 13mb/s I am 50% done) it is possible that rather that just adding content there will be a lot of modifying/overriding content. Swen also recommended checking integrity after it is done, to ensure all patched correctly. It is possible that the PC will have to do a lot of heavy work when patching the game with the changes.

Last edited by Wormerine; 14/10/21 06:29 PM.
veteran
veteran
Nah to be honnest the patchnote is great.

I'm still waiting for many things to be FIXED but once again it's a good step forward.

+ No more highground advantage
+ Big graphical overhaul - I don't "really care" but it's still positive especially blood or dust on characters
+ New class + new locations will allow us to try the game a bit more - quests, story, maybe origin stories or companions reactions,...
+ The metamagic system looks great (click the metamagic option then one of the highlighted spells)
+ A few new spells to try (4 + 1 homebrew tadpole spell)
+ New items ? Hand crossbow ?

--- Surfaces for Chromatic orb
--- Nothing about shove that really HAS to become an action (especially since patch 5)
--- The UI is really gonna be a mess at higher level, they have to do something about this hotbar

I'm a bit worried about those new weapons attack but mostly because some of them are bonus actions. If all of them were actions I would not mind at all (ofc I haven't try yet so I don't know what they're really doing yet... wait and see). The patch looks great IMO even if it's not about more than 1 of my MAIN issues with the game.

I'm just really worried about all those homebrew and more bonus action and more pushing and more surface effects and so on...
I really hope they'll start to fix what has to be fixed / improved before continuing to add such things. Dual wielding is still bugged, side with Minthara still does not make a lot of sense, there are still no D/N cycle and so on... these are exemple of things that are way more important to me than a few new haircuts, cinematic or even classes/races.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 14/10/21 06:34 PM.

veteran
veteran
New weapons attacks are nothing compared to the potential disruptive power of allowing two full spells per turn.

journeyman
journeyman
“Dual wielding is still bugged”

The patch notes say “Fixed attack roll with off-hand weapon not applying a bonus from the ability modifier.” Doesn’t this fix the dual wielding issue, or is there something else?

enthusiast
enthusiast
I'm a bit sceptical about the actions of the new weapons, I'm afraid they are going to invalidate some feats and/or class features.

BUT

it helps differentiate all the weapons. One big problem of 5e is that all the weapons are more or less the same, contrary to 3.5e.

I don't know in what measure, but I think it will be a net positive.

Think this is a great patch!

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by smberg
“Dual wielding is still bugged”

The patch notes say “Fixed attack roll with off-hand weapon not applying a bonus from the ability modifier.” Doesn’t this fix the dual wielding issue, or is there something else?

Oh yes probably ! Looks like I missed it, thanks a lot !

Last edited by Maximuuus; 14/10/21 07:09 PM.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard