Print Thread
#792760 14/10/21 05:01 PM
Sharet Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
*Short and maybe unnecessary post.*

Just love the Larian guys.

This is truly a work of passion and they are actively listening to feedback (just see the latest removal of height advantage).

Always room for improvement, but I just want to thank all the people at Larian for their commitment.

Bye <3

Sharet #792781 14/10/21 06:30 PM
addict
addict
<3 Patch 6 is another clear step in the right direction.

Sharet #792790 14/10/21 07:08 PM
apprentice
apprentice
They listen? Did we get WASD movement and free camera control. And RTwP??
Now that would mean they listen!

Anyways enjoying my new melee sorc smile

DurneFea #792797 14/10/21 07:20 PM
Sharet Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by DurneFea

They can't and/or are not obliged to change their vision based on every single request they get, but the fact that they DO read the feedbacks and act upon them, even if not in their entirety, is admirable in my opinion.

Let's just give credit when they're due smile

Last edited by Sharet; 14/10/21 07:20 PM.
Sharet #792802 14/10/21 07:25 PM
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Sharet
Originally Posted by DurneFea

They can't and/or are not obliged to change their vision based on every single request they get, but the fact that they DO read the feedbacks and act upon them, even if not in their entirety, is admirable in my opinion.

Let's just give credit when they're due smile

Yes ofcourse smile I just reeeaaally want these features.

Sharet #792821 14/10/21 08:28 PM
veteran
veteran
Removal of free Advantages is greatly appreciated.

Next stop: make push a full action.

Sharet #792990 15/10/21 10:20 AM
Dez Offline
addict
addict
+1 op! :]

Hoot hoot, stranger! Fairly new to CRPGs, but I tried my best to provide some feedback regardless! <3 Read it here: My Open Letter to Larian
Wormerine #792999 15/10/21 11:08 AM
Sharet Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Wormerine

That would be great :')

Sharet #793001 15/10/21 11:12 AM
A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
We still have freakish Three-quarterlings instead of Halflings, toilet chain movement, big concentration issues for spellcasters because everything surfacy forces a double or triple check, plastic fairy tale world, weird ingame time concept that relies on events and ground triggers, ranged users are pretty heavily nerfed in the range department, homebrew balance problems, falling off ledges still involves the falling character sticking a jetpack up their bum, I'm pretty sure summons don't work right, mage hand isn't really working right either, rest and camp concept is still very questionable, Origin characters still looks like it's going to be a big puddle of ogre vomit, and the map is still compressed to the point of being more absurd than the plot of a Michael Bay movie...

But yeah, they've reduced high ground advantage. It's a start. Now just fix the other 247 niggles before adding the next 382 newly reinvented wheels with alternative shapes.

Sharet #793005 15/10/21 11:41 AM
old hand
old hand
Great patch, I liked that Larian heard our feedback. This movement in the right direction

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
ArvGuy #793043 15/10/21 01:23 PM
addict
addict
Originally Posted by ArvGuy
We still have freakish Three-quarterlings instead of Halflings, toilet chain movement, big concentration issues for spellcasters because everything surfacy forces a double or triple check, plastic fairy tale world, weird ingame time concept that relies on events and ground triggers, ranged users are pretty heavily nerfed in the range department, homebrew balance problems, falling off ledges still involves the falling character sticking a jetpack up their bum, I'm pretty sure summons don't work right, mage hand isn't really working right either, rest and camp concept is still very questionable, Origin characters still looks like it's going to be a big puddle of ogre vomit, and the map is still compressed to the point of being more absurd than the plot of a Michael Bay movie...

But yeah, they've reduced high ground advantage. It's a start. Now just fix the other 247 niggles before adding the next 382 newly reinvented wheels with alternative shapes.

Wait what? Patch 6 and still toilet chain movement?
Damm are they hard headed with that frustrating movement UI. Please someone tell me, what ARE the advantages of his peice of turd party movement and selection system?!?
My only guess is….consoles??? maybee??

To be fair though, I have a feeling that big Ui changes will probably come around the end of development for the game; we have seen extremely little regarding UI studf.

Otherwise nice patch!

Last edited by mr_planescapist; 15/10/21 01:27 PM.
Sharet #793203 15/10/21 07:23 PM
I would really want to thank you for adding the option for enlarging fonts. I really mean it. It's great.

Wormerine #793214 15/10/21 07:55 PM
veteran
veteran

Yes please.

The ridiculous amount of pushing and shoving has to stop. And the shoving distances need to be nerfed. In 5e it's 5ft. regardless of Strength for a good reason. Strength already makes the shove more likely to succeed. BG3 has so much focus on verticality and high damage falls that rule should be followed to the letter.

A lethal attack as a bonus action after your actual attacks is ludicrous as a concept. I just don't get why. I mean it was funny the first couple of times but it doesn't belong in a serious tactical combat game.

1varangian #793217 15/10/21 08:13 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by 1varangian

Yes please.

The ridiculous amount of pushing and shoving has to stop. And the shoving distances need to be nerfed. In 5e it's 5ft. regardless of Strength for a good reason. Strength already makes the shove more likely to succeed. BG3 has so much focus on verticality and high damage falls that rule should be followed to the letter.

A lethal attack as a bonus action after your actual attacks is ludicrous as a concept. I just don't get why. I mean it was funny the first couple of times but it doesn't belong in a serious tactical combat game.

Agreed. Still remember Patch 4 playthrough, Underdark, Dark Elf shoved my character more than 300 feet off a cliff. I'm talking like 15 feet to the edge, 285ish feet horizontally and who knows how far vertically. Fortunately, she landed on some rock pedestal and actually lived with like 5 HP, but...

Then, same Drow rushed another character and struck twice. All one round. Come on, now. 🙄

Sharet #793221 15/10/21 08:21 PM
journeyman
journeyman
I don't think they'll change push. They want martials to have even more abilities, as evidenced by the new weaponskills (some of which are also bonus actions). I'm not a fan personally.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard