Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 24 of 39 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 38 39
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Except he is not high rank Drow ... :-/
I have read somewhere that tatoo on her neck marks her not as member of important family, but as a property of important family ... meaning she was probably even slave.

Either way, it can be explained away. Long hair, short hair, whether slave or high rank.

But, again, assumptions made by many. The tattoo is never explained as a slave mark. That is just someone's fan theory. She is called Minthara Baenre, and if you question her corpse, she says she is "of House Baenre." The tattoo is also the Baenre House Crest. It is the symbol of a very high drow family.

Now, House Baenre was the first drow house of Menzoberranzan, and had been for centuries -- as long as anyone in the city could remember. It was the oldest (around 5,000 years old), strongest, and most prestigious house in the city. Just the fact that she says she is of that house, it is, therefore, implied that she was not some slave or underling, but she was an established member of the most prominent of drow houses. If you right click on her, she is even called Minthara Baenre.

I'm not sure where they got it from, as I don't remember this being in the game, but Forgotten Realms Wiki states, "Many members of her family, along with her friends and former lovers were all killed at the hands of others."

So, I have to wonder what happened to House Baenre? The last historical information any books and such from Forgotten Realms gives us is that House Baenre was still going strong in something like 1484 DR, 8 years prior to the game.

So, I have to wonder... could House Baenre have suffered from some sort of attack? What if Minthara's past is linked to Eliette's, the Spider Matriarch's? Wouldn't that kind of make sense?

What did one of Eliette's journals mention? There was an upheaval of a drow house where some unnamed individual slit the matron mother's throat. During the resulting conflict, Eliette escaped. Could it be that House Baenre's Matron Mother was assassinated, resulting in a huge drow civil war for her position which resulted in the deaths of Minthara's loved ones? Are we going to learn of this somewhere in the game?

Who knows? It's all speculation. Either way, I don't think she was a slave since she would not be called Minthara Baenre if she was. No, I think - Fan Theory, mind you - that Minthara was a member of this prominent house, some unnamed assassin killed the Matron Mother, drow from all houses, including within her own house, started to try to claim the Matron Mother position, Minthara's family and loved ones were butchered, and as a result, Minthara found the Absolute who gave her new purpose and the ability to avenge those she lost.

That seems the more likely story for her, at least to me, and it would then tie into all the drow stuff going on in the game. Major power vacuum created, and in steps the Absolute to take advantage of it.

I just wanted to say that I like her new look. It suits her. Just my opinion tho.

veteran
veteran
You know, the more I'm thinking about it, what is a dark elf from Menzo doing that far south? That is a city state in the north, far away from that area. But the spider Queen mentions it in one of her journals, so that is why I was thinking there might be a connection between the spider Queen and Minthara.

But if my theory is right, in order for the two to be connected, there would have to be some sort of portal linking that underdark City to the underdark in the game. Otherwise, it makes no sense. I don't know. Maybe it's just an assumption I made that the two are connected in some way. Fun to think about though

addict
addict
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Nah ... hair does not look good. :-/
She is suppose to be terryfying cultleader, not some grandma. :-/

All that is missing are knitting needles in that bun. laugh laugh laugh

hahaha agreed.

I would think Minthara would be a companion, since your character can begin a romantic relationship with her. But, she could very well be this games Butter. A character you start something romantic with, only to run into her dead body later on.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by MaliceI
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

This looks fantastic, we must have day and night cycle.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
About the evil way.

In the new patch, the developers finally removed the ability to destroy the gate to the druid's grove on their own, which was the right decision, since the game did not react to it correctly.

If I kill all druids and tieflings, I still can't tell Minthara that I destroyed EVERYONE in the Druid's Grove on my own to ask for some interesting reward. But the dialogues that refer to this are added to Minthara. The game still believes that there are "several defenders" left in the grove, although there is no one there. Yes, I understand that only a player who knows spoilers can do this, but let's be honest, everyone already knows them and there can be many such players.
If you provoke a conflict between druids and tieflings, and then finish off the weakened defeated side, it will take much less time than a joint attack with goblins on both sides, so it even makes practical sense. Loot can be sold to merchants from the goblin camp.

There is also a problem: if you attack druids, tieflings help us. If the tieflings are attacked, the druids are inactive and do not react to it.

Also, when we attack the winning side in the conflict right after we dealt with the other, the game also does not understand what we want to do.

Also, the goblin Sazza does not appear in the game at all after its release, if before we released it we destroyed all the tieflings ourselves.
Moreover, if tieflings are hostile to our party, it begins to perceive as vandalism or an attempt to steal our attempts to get it out of the cage.

I think it would be nice if Sazza gave hints that we need to destroy everyone in the Grove of the Druids before we meet Minthara, so that even those who will play for the first time have motivation or a hint to do this.

Also, a curious variation appeared in the game, when we help the druids and the ritual ends, and Minthara cannot enter the grove. This is great, but it is not entirely clear why I could not report to Kagha that I destroyed all the tifflings and receive a reward, you can only report the death of Zevlor for what to get a short remark and that's it.

So far, I am exploring more solutions that are possible in the game.

Last edited by OneManArmy; 17/10/21 09:01 AM.

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
There is also a problem: if you attack druids and then tieflings, tieflings help us. If the tieflings are attacked, the druids are inactive and do not react to it.
I kinda hoped it was intentional ...
It perfectly shows how much Druids care about hellspawns. laugh

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
journeyman
journeyman
I gotta say, I'm a huge fan of her new look. Fits her much better than her previous hairstyle imo.

N
old hand
old hand
N
Her new armor looks awesome. Can't wait to slaughter her to put it on Shadowheart :P

apprentice
apprentice
She looks great.

Now they just need to completely overhaul the story to give incentives to join her and have it actually make logical sense before even reaching the druid grove...

Oh wait, they aren't going to do that because its very clear the developers intend you to save the druids and tieflings. I'm honestly surprised they even give the option considering how railroaded everything else feels.

I'm all for an evil route, but the way they have set it up is terrible.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Looks better now.

veteran
veteran
But the armor is only AC 12 Leather! That's lame. Our characters have that and way better almost immediately.

She's a cleric. She should be wearing at least medium armor; something more like Chain Shirt, Breastplate, Half Plate or Scale if not full blown heavy Plate armor. Clerics are known to be tanks. They do not wear weak leather armor.

I love the look. Now the stats just need to reflect something better than Leather + 1.

S
S
She looks amazing now.

T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
I think her equipment might eventually get enchantments - well especially the shield - right now it's a basic shield but the item icon has the glow of a magic item.

I would prefer if they give her medium armor though. Drow uses medium/heavy armor too!

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Minthara is now very domineering and hot, her high rank is visible. The 1st version was also cool, but it was too cute for the villainess, I think that's the reason why they decided to make a fix

[Linked Image from b.radikal.ru]

Experience the difference between the cute 1s version and the bossy 3s version. I did not add the strange 2 version from this scene because nobody liked her.

[Linked Image from d.radikal.ru]

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
enthusiast
enthusiast
That armor is way too cool for me not murder her for it :P

old hand
OP Offline
old hand

veteran
veteran
Indeed ...
I hope she stays as she is to full release. :3

What character was next to complain about? laugh

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
old hand
OP Offline
old hand

Can't find the famous Sazza scene (looking for)

Last edited by OneManArmy; 24/10/21 08:01 PM.

Page 24 of 39 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 38 39

Link Copied to Clipboard