Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
Mars30 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
@Larian Just wanted to complement the progress so far. The visual quality, cinematics, gameplay and systems are light years beyond where we started (which was already very good). I have 200+ hours playing the game, and with the graphical overhaul and new class, its like purchasing a triple AAA short RPG in its own right.

Great work so far, and I think its clear BG3 will raise the bar for all developers.

Keep grinding

PS: give us min-max types something to carry us another year.....can we get an update on max level. Say 12 ?

apprentice
apprentice
AAA titles don't crash to desktop every time I try to boot them

veteran
veteran
In early acess version?
Yes they do. laugh

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
M
Mars30 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
well, it plays amazingly well on my laptop. the cinematic upgrade is absolutely amazing after I updated NVidia, Seriously this game is better right now than 90% of the titles out there. play it from start to end. Wild Magic is sick

the improvements are next level.

veteran
veteran
I agree, the graphical overhaul is absolutely incredible.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
old hand
old hand
There was s graphical overhaul? I've not noticed any particular difference myself.

I'm not saying that to be negative -- the graphics wasn't ever a weak side of BG3's in my opinion. What did they change?

Optimistically Apocalyptic
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Dexai
There was s graphical overhaul? I've not noticed any particular difference myself.

I'm not saying that to be negative -- the graphics wasn't ever a weak side of BG3's in my opinion. What did they change?

Check at 0:30, it's the few exemples they showed during Panel From Hell.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 17/10/21 10:10 AM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
veteran
veteran
It's clearly not finished yet, but I have to commend the art team for their work. I am always impressed by how much quality lighting can add to the game. For the most part the colour pallete is more impressive and atmosphere as well. Still bits that could be fixed/improved upon as others have pointed out, but overall an impressive upgrade.

N
old hand
old hand
N
No, definitely not with all the bugs I've been finding since patch 6 came out. Needs lots of attention still.

journeyman
journeyman
Bugs aside, the graphical overhaul of this patch has me thoroughly impressed. I keep taking screenshots during cutscenes because they look so good now.

veteran
veteran
I'll repeat here what I said in another thread, as that thread appears to be expired.

I like a couple of things in this patch. Firstly, the graphics and "look" changes are very welcome to me. As some here will recall, I have been very negative about how the game looks, and spcifically that the environment art style is way too similar to the D:OS games. And since I did not like the look of the D:OS games, this game looking so much like those games was hard to swallow. Well, now I can finally say BG3 doesn't look like D:OS anymore. And that is huge for me. So thanks for that, Larian!

And secondly, I really love the new weapon actions. As someone who loves melee combat and doesn't care for spellcasting, and given how much spellcasting combat is given undue advantage over melee combat in 5e generally as well as in this game, this is a much-needed and very welcome rebalancing in favor of non-spellcasting combat.

And height 'Advantage' going away is bonus.

Now, we just need a change to a normal way to handle party movement. That's a big one I hope for next, along with some details about how game settings and difficulty settings will be handled.

Bottom line, for me, this patch finally moves the needle more towards the side of me being willing to buy this game someday than the other way. But we still have a ways to go.

Well, the MAC version is not out yet, so I'm sitting on the bench waitiiinnnng ...

Last edited by Starlights; 17/10/21 03:42 PM.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. After a bit, you realize the pig enjoys it.
G
journeyman
journeyman
G
I have no doubt the game will be awesome in the end and yes, I understand bugs are to be expected in early access but the OP said patch 6 is already AAA worthy right now which can't be true when several NPCs in the Druid grove think I'm hostile and either runs away or attacks me without any provocation from me. That's a pretty big bug that makes the game unplayable. Having said that, yes the graphics are great, sorcerer looks fun and the improvements to skill check rolls UI from start to now is great. The biggest item still on my wish list is a proper reaction system.

R
old hand
old hand
R
Considering that this is an EA and the game is in better technical condition at the moment than Cyberpunk (probably a lot of other AAA titles would be found) it is pretty good.
RPG games tend to be more buggy than other games because they are expandable.
Of course, I will not compare the state of BG3 with some other RPG game that recently premiered (although you can't see it).

veteran
veteran
for me, AAA just means that it's going to look good. Everything else is up in the air.

G
journeyman
journeyman
G
Originally Posted by Rhobar121
Considering that this is an EA and the game is in better technical condition at the moment than Cyberpunk (probably a lot of other AAA titles would be found) it is pretty good.

Well, I think this says more about the general state of game design these days. We now live in a world where developers and gamers have come to accept that's it's ok for games to be very much unfinished and full of bugs at release and now feel that is "to be expected."

As an old man who has been gaming for several decades, I'm now at the point that with a very few exceptions for games I really can't wait to play (such as BG3), I'd much rather wait six months post release for a fully patched game usually at a discount.

Just to be clear... I understand BG3 is still in EA and so I'm not complaining about bugs right now. The game is absolutely improving with each patch.

I dunno, I just finally installed (haven't played since patch 2) and either I'm experiencing some heavy bugs during every single cutscene, dialogue and animation or you guys consider Andromeda's cinematics and animations to be the peak of quality.

Literally every single animation I've seen from running, jumping, dialogue, facial animations, cutscenes, etc. are some Andromeda tier bad. I'm going to try soldiering on to finish, but damn.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Blade238
or you guys consider Andromeda's cinematics and animations to be the peak of quality.
Precisely. So AAA worthy. Actually not really, it's not that bad. AAA would have bunch of microtransactions and would squeeze any fun out of the game and try to sell it back.

Unless, Larian starts selling better UI, as a convenience. That would put it firmly in AAA territory.

addict
addict
280 hours in now 3 complete playthroughs of patch 6 and I agree with OP - coming along nicely & looking forward to the next big Patch in early 2022 I hope.

veteran
veteran
I would say AAA. Yes. My favorite game. I've been obsessed with this game for over a year, something I've never done before. Most games I will play for about 20 hours and move on to something else. Even Solasta and Pathfinder I haven't finished and am still occassionally returning to now and then. I'm mostly focused on this game, and all others fall by the wayside.

That's the main reason I'm out here so much making suggestions. I want it to go from AAA to AAA+. Maximuuuus' post about the changes we'd like them to make would certainly do that. I can't even remember them all. At the top of my list, though, are the D&D 5e stats and rules options, Party of 6 option and Day/Night cycle. Just implement those and that would really kick the game into AAA+ territory.

Oh... and naturally fix the bugs. That, however, should be a duh. You can't even call it an A game without fixing the bugs.

Anyway, Great post! Always good to give positive feedback in the midst of all the negative stuff. Most of us who are critical of the game are just doing so in the hopes of making it that AAA+ that we see it potentially being.

Keep up the good work, Larian! We have high expectations. So far, you're meeting them. Don't let us down now. Finish strong! smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard