Print Thread
#792804 14/10/21 07:31 PM
F
Ferros Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
F
I was wondering if I would be able to mod the game if I purchased it on Steam while playing on a Mac. I originally bought the game on Stadia when my computer didn't meet the requirements, but have become disappointed to find out I'm missing this functionality. I'd really like a mod to remove the limit on spell slots, so I'm considering getting another copy on Steam, but there would be no point if I still couldn't mod since I have a Mac. I know a lot of games and code only works for PCs, and haven't been able to find a clear answer on this.

Thanks for the help!

Ferros #793300 16/10/21 12:10 AM
F
Ferros Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
F
Gonna give this a bump, I know a lot of people don't play on a Mac but I'd really like to know if this is worth getting.

Ferros #793557 16/10/21 06:47 PM
F
Ferros Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
F
Trying one more bump, I'm not really sure where else I could get this information frown.

Ferros #793810 17/10/21 03:20 PM
apprentice
apprentice
I also play on Mac and I was able to try some mods like Powerful Characters, XP Boost, Shadowheart Alternate Hair, XP Unlocker, Black Casual outfits, Basket Full of Equipment, Arcane Rings (awesome!), and Origin Character Unlocker. They functioned normally and it wasn't that difficult to install.

Ferros #793933 17/10/21 09:32 PM
F
Ferros Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
F
Awesome, that's great to hear! I appreciate the response.

Gustavo R #853702 30/06/23 09:35 PM
J
stranger
stranger
J
Gustavo my man! Allow my shameless necroposting -- how did you get your mods to run on a Mac? I've been trying in vain, despite having put some effort into it.

Ferros #853708 30/06/23 10:10 PM
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Hi there, for awareness most of our BG3 modding community tend to hang out on Larian's Discord more regularly these days, so you might have more luck there.

There's a link to the Discord server down the bottom left of their website at https://larian.com/.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
Ferros #853735 30/06/23 11:13 PM
old hand
old hand
to answer to op question yes you can play mods on Mac and you can even mod the streaming [which is now Gforce not Stadia] but platform needs to allow it... in my experence Steam is the problem but i only tested on Windows 11

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
J
stranger
stranger
J
Oh, that looks great -- I'll come on over. Thanks, @The Red Queen!

Also, @Ussnorway, totally true; I've gotten mods to work on my last Mac. This new one on my vacation, however, seems to be tetchy. So much easier on PC (but I can't take my rig on holiday.)

Link Copied to Clipboard