Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
B
apprentice
apprentice
B
Oh this is very disappointing. Just got back from being out of town, reading all of these updates, figured I was in the clear to download and get to it when…
It’s not available on steam for mac yet.
This is the first time the patch didn’t drop across all platforms and that’s a huge bummer. I’m sure it will be out ‘Soon’.

veteran
veteran
It's so hard waiting for the Stadia update. I'm trying to avoid watching or reading anything about Grymforge because I want to play it first, but everyone's talking about it, and I want to be a part of it. I know I'm being overly dramatic, but it does hurt. I put aside plans this weekend to play the game. I'm sure Larian is working on it; I'm just looking forward to playing the patch, that's all.

L
apprentice
apprentice
L
I am not so sure that Larian is working on it.

Feels like they may be thinking it can wait until Monday.

It is not like this is the first time it has happened.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by logic_wrecked
I am not so sure that Larian is working on it.

Feels like they may be thinking it can wait until Monday.

It is not like this is the first time it has happened.

Well, you may be right. It's possible they took the weekend off, but as much as I want it updated on Stadia, I can't fault someone for not working on a Sunday.

B
B
Originally Posted by Merlex
The launcher no longer works for me. I just get a dark grey screen with a Baldur's Gate 3, Divinity OS2, Divinity OS, and Larian.com icons on the left. And yes I clicked on the BG3 icon. Tried to open the game using the .exe in the program files, just brings me back to the gray screen non-launcher. I can't even send a bug report.

I tried launching before Patch 6, it worked fine, but now ... I finally get a few days off, finally interested in playing again, this sucks.

You don't need the launcher to play the game. Just start the bg3.exe file in the game installation folder (I think it is in the bin or data subfolder).

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Bomor
Originally Posted by Merlex
The launcher no longer works for me. I just get a dark grey screen with a Baldur's Gate 3, Divinity OS2, Divinity OS, and Larian.com icons on the left. And yes I clicked on the BG3 icon. Tried to open the game using the .exe in the program files, just brings me back to the gray screen non-launcher. I can't even send a bug report.

I tried launching before Patch 6, it worked fine, but now ... I finally get a few days off, finally interested in playing again, this sucks.

You don't need the launcher to play the game. Just start the bg3.exe file in the game installation folder (I think it is in the bin or data subfolder).
I know, it was the first thing I tried. It didn't work. That's in my op.

I uninstalled, reinstalled. Seven hours and forty-eight minutes later, launcher still didn't work. Verified my game files, no launcher but now the .exe works.

B
B
You're right, read your op too quickly. Glad it finally worked out for you.

enthusiast
enthusiast
You're right, read your op too quickly. Glad it finally worked out for you.

Thanks me too. Lost a day off though, but at least I'll get to play today.

M
stranger
stranger
M
When will you update the Stadia version? I know 'soon'. But you had to know that answer wouldn't work for long! When should we expect realistically?

veteran
veteran
For being notoriously a laughing stock among the major gaming platforms, Stadia surely has its fair share of support around here.
Bizarre.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
B
B
Originally Posted by MagicMissile69
When will you update the Stadia version? I know 'soon'. But you had to know that answer wouldn't work for long! When should we expect realistically?

Just wondering what makes people think that Larian can speed up the process? Technical issues could mean the problem is on Stadia's side, right? Maybe someone from Larian can clarify this point?

F
journeyman
journeyman
F
Originally Posted by MagicMissile69

Just wondering what makes people think that Larian can speed up the process? Technical issues could mean the problem is on Stadia's side, right? Maybe someone from Larian can clarify this point?
The thing is, the Mac version also hasn't been released, so it's not just Stadia. Larian decided to prioritize the PC Steam/GOG version of their game, and worry about updating the other versions later. If it was Stadia's fault, Mac would be released already as well.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Another one with the Stadia version.

I asked in twitter to both Google and Larian and only Google responded, saying that they also hope that is launched ASAP.

I hope it’s this week…

stranger
stranger
Maybe Larian holding the Mac version until after the Apple event announcing the M1Pro & M1Max chips?

F
journeyman
journeyman
F
Originally Posted by organichilimango
Maybe Larian holding the Mac version until after the Apple event announcing the M1Pro & M1Max chips?
That seems pointless, one doesn't have anything to do with the other and would just be withholding access to already released content and making Mac customers upset with no benefit.

stranger
stranger
[/quote]
Originally Posted by Ferros
That seems pointless…

Apple just said many developers received early access to these chips, so perhaps Larian was among them. Not pointless if Larian are ensuring the Mac version is optimized for these new chips.

Last edited by organichilimango; 18/10/21 05:43 PM. Reason: Imbed
enthusiast
enthusiast
Ok, folks got a couple of issues with Patch 6 and were wondering if anybody else has come across it or if there is a way to fix any of them.

1. My main female Ranger knight's max carry weight is 160 pounds she is only carrying 105 lbs and it says that she is "Encumbered" Didn't remember this ever happening before Patch 6 unless I was close to or over my max carry weight.

2. A lot of interior areas are all but black and you can hardly see anything. Even though Caina<Ranger Party leader> and Shadowheart both have dark vision. I don't remember areas like the Crypt where you get the "Speak with dead Amulet" or the Toll House basement being so dark and if these two areas are that dark I can only imagine how dark the Underdark is now.

As far as the Darkness goes you would think that with Lae'zel Carrying the Everburn blade that it would shed light as well.

Anyone else having<had> these issues? and if so how did you correct them or have you?

veteran
veteran
1. There are soft caps since patch 4 or 5(not sure now) they should be shown by white, yellow and red parts of carry weight bar ... also if you place your mouse over them, tooltip should appear tellimg you how much you can carry without penalisation.
I believe Larian come to corect conclusion when they decided that someone who carry his own weight in backpack wont be so effective. 😄

2. There seems to be a problem with visual side of darkvision in this patch

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by DragonMaster69
Ok, folks got a couple of issues with Patch 6 and were wondering if anybody else has come across it or if there is a way to fix any of them.

1. My main female Ranger knight's max carry weight is 160 pounds she is only carrying 105 lbs and it says that she is "Encumbered" Didn't remember this ever happening before Patch 6 unless I was close to or over my max carry weight.

The new carry weight system was introduced in Patch 5. It's a more lenient version of the 5E Variant Encumbrance rule. Basically in LBS its STR x 12 = your carry weight unencumbered. Anything beyond that you start to become encumbered, and then you have an absolute max carry weight that is STR x 20.

In Kilograms it is STR x 6 and STR x 10.

Originally Posted by DragonMaster69
2. A lot of interior areas are all but black and you can hardly see anything. Even though Caina<Ranger Party leader> and Shadowheart both have dark vision. I don't remember areas like the Crypt where you get the "Speak with dead Amulet" or the Toll House basement being so dark and if these two areas are that dark I can only imagine how dark the Underdark is now.

As far as the Darkness goes you would think that with Lae'zel Carrying the Everburn blade that it would shed light as well.

Anyone else having<had> these issues? and if so how did you correct them or have you?

Video Settings Gamma Correction slider should allow you to see better. However, turning on light sources is also super helpful. The Underdark is now properly dark like it should be.

Blackheifer
enthusiast
enthusiast
Speaking for the hordes of impatient and worried stadians: "StAdiA pAtCh WhEn ? PlEaSe GiVe uPdAte LaRiAn ?"

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard