Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
Definitely +1 for custom colors.
It would be a great and easy reference to the old games and if it was possible for all companions, it would be even better.

Custom starting equipment (like in Solasta/DnD - wich armor/weapons/items/...) is also something I'd like, but I guess that's not what this thread is about.

This^ +1

old hand
old hand
Yes to custom starting equipment and yes to customizing the armour/item looks! =)

veteran
veteran
I would very much like to be able to tint the armor colors. Even if it just allows us to tint two of the elements that would be a major improvement.

I want to be able to change the colors of my wizards robe

Something like we had in BG1/2 to choose colors

Beyond that, definitely the more options and variety the better, but at least do the colors thing

veteran
veteran
The customization needs to start at character creation for sure so you're not forced to start the game in the wrong clothing.

Spellcasters especially.. they're kind of forced into a spellcaster uniform without any personality whatsoever. I want a long coat and pants, or basically anything edgier than a flat robe.

There's some kind of a tinting system in place already because NPC's in the same armor have diferent colors. Hopefully that will extend to PC's. BG1 had it in 1998. =)

Dez Offline
addict
addict
Since this was merged into a mega-thread I'll try to provide some actually useful suggestions instead of just saying "YES!". I know this isn't a high priority for Larian, and I have seen that the armor in the game that will appear later on is at least much better than the pieces we had in DOS2. I am also aware of that most people at Larian probably has much more experience than I at making these suggestions work in practice and I would assume that there is a legitimate reason these kinds of things have not been implemented already.

However - from a roleplaying perspective I would definitely argue that the attire that you have is at least as important as the actual appearance of your character and I must admit I never really understood the idea behind letting us have a detailed character creation while "forcing" us to wear armor that might be near the very opposite of what we believe our character would be wearing.

What I am trying to say is: the way our characters dress is as much a part of their character as their hair color, eye color or tattoos. If you imagine your character as a mercenary thief or assassin skulking around in the night, then the simple leather outfit might feel out of place. I mean, our companions (that also start at level 1) have lost some (most?) of their powers due to the tadpole - there is no reason the player couldn't use a similar story about being more powerful than a level 1 adventurer pre-abduction.

Anyway, here is my wish list / suggestion list.

* Simple Dye Pack - regardless of how you choose to implement it, the work put into making a dye system would most likely pay off in the end since it would cause the game to require less amounts of armors designs (as players can recolor them as they please). I would personally vouch for a system like GW2 or Wolcen, where you have a few stock dyes and find other dyes throughout the game (I would even go as far as suggesting these to be account-wide, but I could see plenty of arguments to why you wouldn't do that). I would also vouch for the dying to be available to the player anywhere and anytime without a cost (for the pure cosmetic reason) - but I would understand the reasoning behind having dedicated NPCs with a fixed (or flexible) fee attached to the service. I would definitely say that we should be able to dye our first outfit in character select though, to introduce the system.

* Let us have a few low tier armors to select from (and preferably dye with our starting kit) at the character screen. The armor represents something about our characters past and tells a running story of who they were and what they were doing before getting picked up by the squiddies. My suggestion would be either: A) Let each armor type have a few options, regardless of starting class (aka. sourcerer and wizards choose from the same robes, rangers and rogues choose from the same attires etc). B) Tie the outfit to our background. It does feel a bit weird that a scholar or hermit would have the same starting outfit as a sailor or noble. This would probably require more job than alternative A (as well as negatively influence people to pick their background based on outfits rather than story / stats, but we already have that sort of thing regarding stats >>> story anyways).

* I would strongly suggest an outfit slot rather than a transmogrification system. A transmog system would require some kind of lore behind the transmogging - aka. some bored mage changing the looks of your attire for payment or anything similar. A outfit system would simply be 100% cosmetic and a part of role playing to separate the role playing aspect of the game from the stat-stick part of the game AAANNNDDD it would rid players of the annoyance of having to visit a NPC for mogging every time they receive new armor. My personal suggestion would be to let us unlock all equipment we find as outfits that we can simply use in our outfit slot. You could even have some quest-rewarded armor that serves as transmog armor only (aka. no stats) from side quests, main quests, flavor quests, DLCs, events and whatnot. I mean... Imagine if you actually would have been able to keep the cool pirate outfit in DOS2 for the entire game (and not being forced to be green during the process laugh ). Since I suspect our characters might be able to join or at least ally with different types of factions later on, it would be fun to be able to wear their regalia through some quest-line locked behind some form of "reputation" / "loyalty"-bar.

Hoot hoot, stranger! Fairly new to CRPGs, but I tried my best to provide some feedback regardless! <3 Read it here: My Open Letter to Larian
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Dez
* I would strongly suggest an outfit slot rather than a transmogrification system. A transmog system would require some kind of lore behind the transmogging - aka. some bored mage changing the looks of your attire for payment or anything similar. A outfit system would simply be 100% cosmetic and a part of role playing to separate the role playing aspect of the game from the stat-stick part of the game AAANNNDDD it would rid players of the annoyance of having to visit a NPC for mogging every time they receive new armor. My personal suggestion would be to let us unlock all equipment we find as outfits that we can simply use in our outfit slot. You could even have some quest-rewarded armor that serves as transmog armor only (aka. no stats) from side quests, main quests, flavor quests, DLCs, events and whatnot. I mean... Imagine if you actually would have been able to keep the cool pirate outfit in DOS2 for the entire game (and not being forced to be green during the process laugh ). Since I suspect our characters might be able to join or at least ally with different types of factions later on, it would be fun to be able to wear their regalia through some quest-line locked behind some form of "reputation" / "loyalty"-bar.

Actually I feel like implementing Transmog could be fairly easy. The NPC in question could be an illusionist and "recruiting" them could be a quest reward. They could cast an effect on your armor, and when under any effects that disable magic the armor could temporarily turn back to its normal form. Could also add the effects of regalia if any to said illusion, like people recognizing that your armor is Flaming Fist.

journeyman
journeyman
I also hope they strongly consider adding dyes or some other way to change colours.

Although I think the colour palettes and the armour designs are quite good overall, they still may not match your character. For example, my tiefling warlock had purple-hued skin and hair and that clashed really badly with the warlock armour. I liked the design of the armour, but I would have liked different colours for it. At least if they had a couple "palette" options for a particular armour that would give us some options.

If they do implement dyes or other ways to change colour, I hope they let you choose the saturation/lightness/darkness of the colour in addition to the hue. I've seen too many games where your option for a specific colour ends up looking garish and there's no way to tone it down.

With regard to the actual armour design, I liked how they did in Assassin's Creed Odessey where you can use the look of any previous armour you've found. That still leaves the feeling of discovery for those who like that, while not forcing the player to give up an armour they like when they find one with better stats. Of course, I'd be happy with just greater selection in general, however they choose to do it.

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
In many, if not most, games customization is a waste of time especially when you only see the character in the character panel. But for games like this it adds a bit of flavor, especially when you constantly see the the entire character moving around. Personally I tend to color code my characters in this type of format so I can pick them out quicker. i.e. Armor of distinct colors combinations.

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Oh come on, we spend hours making face, hairstyle and make up for our characters ...
Dont tell us that our gear customisation is wasted. laugh

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Oh come on, we spend hours making face, hairstyle and make up for our characters ...

Honnestly, I don't^^
Hair style + color + beard and I'm done.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
I kinda envy you to be honest ...
I allwas feel urge to watch all options, unless i have something specific (and i usualy dont) in mind ... just to see if something would look better than i tought. laugh

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 14/04/21 01:50 PM.

apprentice
apprentice
I agree with more armor customizations. I'd go so far as to add in custom looks for weapons, such as being able to select a blade and hilt style for a sword.

I would also like to request familiar and pet companion customizations, maybe even armor or other items to make and equip them with. If nothing else, let people name them. I've seen that request a lot.

Last edited by rdb100; 17/04/21 12:45 AM.
Dez Offline
addict
addict
Originally Posted by rdb100
I agree with more armor customizations. I'd go so far as to add in custom looks for weapons, such as being able to select a blade and hilt style for a sword.

I would also like to request familiar and pet companion customizations, maybe even armor or other items to make and equip them with. If nothing else, let people name them. I've seen that request a lot.

I approve of this.

Hoot hoot, stranger! Fairly new to CRPGs, but I tried my best to provide some feedback regardless! <3 Read it here: My Open Letter to Larian
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by 1varangian
I don't think we should be able to completely "transmogrify" how armor looks to respect the original designer's work. Like changing a black "Leather Armor of Shadows" into a bright yellow chainmail bikini, just because we like that particular look and like the stealth bonus, no.

But I'd like to be able to customize the colors like in the Infinity Engine games.

And just many more armor models in general, especially clothing that already exists but only for NPC's.

I'm hoping in PATCH 6 that we get more varied armors for all classes as of right now their really aren't that many. A couple of +1's of the lighter armors but heavy armor. Also I'd love to be able to allow us to get to level 5 and some more game play through

Dos1 and 2 didn't have gears customization iirc.
Larian: All i got is dye, take it or leave it.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

STILL WAITING FOR NEW COMPANION AND CUSTOM PARTY WITHOUT MULTIPLAYER.
BECAUSE WHY FUCKING NOT???
F
addict
addict
F
I would like to see something like transmogrification or even a general "design your outfit" option here.

The mage "armor", for example, looks a bit boring.

#JusticeForKarlach

Petition to save Karlach: https://www.change.org/p/justice-for-karlach
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD

Honnestly, I don't^^
Hair style + color + beard and I'm done.

To be honest, the BG3 character creator is so incredible limited and lacking in, well, much of anything at all, that I can't imagine anyone seriously spending more than a few minutes on it at very tops. There's just not enough THERE to take up more time than that. It's extremely underwhelming.

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Lucky you i gues. laugh
I allways check the options to create something new ... usualy fail ... and then i spend those few minutes to create just the same as before. laugh

veteran
veteran
A year later in EA and our Fighters are still wearing Scale Mail or Githyanki Half-Plate without any customization whatsoever. Come on now. Would it be impossible to make a basic Breastplate or non-Gith Half-Plate available? A Chain Mail somewhere a bit earlier? Pants for spellcasters?

addict
addict
It’ll come in time or in the final product - don’t want to see all that’s under the hood when we’re likely 12-18 months from release now do we ?

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard