Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#794608 19/10/21 03:40 PM
ldo58 Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
I"m trying out the sorcerer class in patch 6.
I'm now level 2, in the druid grove, and I didn't count the spells I cast till now, (not many, mostly cantrips) but have had 2 wild magic effects up to now.

The first, during the battle with the intellect devourers on the beach. I don't remember the spell I cast. It gave me and Shadowheart a bonus on the weapon damage till the next rest. Unfortunately we needed a rest after this battle, so we couldn't cash it in.

The second was after I cast a magic armor spell on myself, in anticipation of battle. It made the entire party burn to death.

What are your WM experiences ?

ldo58 #794624 19/10/21 04:55 PM
veteran
veteran
Pretty good. In general I found it pretty subdued unless I activated "Chaotic Wave??" status (or whatever it is called) that increases chances of Wild Magic. I think my favourite is the one that makes you swap places with whomever you target with a spell. It allows for some neat reshuffling of the battlefield.

ldo58 #794638 19/10/21 05:25 PM
veteran
veteran
I just got the wildest Wild Surge ever. :3
And it was AWESOME!

It lasted for 5 rounds ...
At start of each your turn, you get random magic effect of Wild Surge. :3

I replenished my spelslots, healed whole party, give whole party a blurr, teleported enemies so meele dont need to run to them, and created protective fog for us. laugh

And i bet in full release i just get 5 Fireballs on myself. laugh laugh laugh

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 19/10/21 05:26 PM.

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
ldo58 #794667 19/10/21 06:48 PM
S
S
IMHO prebuffing should be done 20-30 feet /10 metres/ away from the rest of the group. And each casting of a spell with two questions in mind: do I really need this spell to win the fight 2) how many of my allies / enemies are around me. smile Just like Gale you are a walking nuke. Just the scale is different.

Last edited by Scales & Fangs; 19/10/21 06:48 PM.
ldo58 #794675 19/10/21 07:02 PM
A
addict
addict
A
Made everyone blurred. Added an enchanted effect to weapons (seems buggy, though). Added a healing effect to spells. Cast a fog. Summoned a mud mephit, which then summoned another mud mephit. Maybe we will get the "oops, is that a gate?" wild surge from BG2 eventually. Still remember that one. laugh

ldo58 #794685 19/10/21 07:45 PM
journeyman
journeyman
During the final fight on the nautiloid my sorcerer got the ability to switch places with any creature she hit with an attack. It was pretty fun to zap around the battlefield for a bit before hitting the controls. I'm kind of hoping to get turned into a potted plant at some point!

S
S
Originally Posted by ash elemental
Summoned a mud mephit, which then summoned another mud mephit. Maybe we will get the "oops, is that a gate?" wild surge from BG2 eventually. Still remember that one. laugh

Please don't. I would rather have negative effects that do not lead to instant reload and can be mitigated with strategic play. There is a huge difference between summoning a mephit (or even casting a fireball, though the current setting on fire is a better idea) and summoning a powerful creature such as a nabasu by a low level party.

Last edited by Scales & Fangs; 19/10/21 08:29 PM.
A
addict
addict
A
Originally Posted by Scales & Fangs
Please don't. I would rather have negative effects that do not lead to instant reload and can be mitigated with strategic play. There is a huge difference between summoning a mephit (or even casting a fireball, though the current setting on fire is a better idea) and summoning a powerful creature such as a nabasu by a low level party.
That wasn't an instant reload. The gate animation was quite slow in BG2, so my party did a strategic retreat. It's not like you had to figth it.

I've got a closer call with one of the wild surges in BG3, the one that gives you random wild effects every turn for five turns. Almost wiped out my party, as it both summoned a magma mephit and a fire explosion on the party. So I'd say the wild mage experience is dangerous already. laugh

Last edited by ash elemental; 21/10/21 10:56 AM.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard