Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
B
apprentice
apprentice
B
I've not really complained about this game, and I've always been patient with the model of early access and knew what I was getting into.
Including all the times the patch would be announced and delayed. That's fine.
But IMO they should have waited until all versions (pc, Mac, stadia) were ready to launch before they launched patch 6.

I don't really understand why they rushed the PC one but delayed the others.

It's pretty whack...

Especially when patch 5 was delayed like a week or so if I remember, but was released across the board, just like all the other patches.

L
apprentice
apprentice
L
As a Stadia player this delay is twice as annoying.

We cannot keep using an old version of the game we just have to wait for the game to be ported from Steam to Stadia.

B
B
Originally Posted by logic_wrecked
As a Stadia player this delay is twice as annoying.

We cannot keep using an old version of the game we just have to wait for the game to be ported from Steam to Stadia.

Interesting. How does it work on Stadia? Was patch 5 pulled entirely and the game isn't playable at all there right now? There's a good chance that we'll see a hotfix release sometime this week which will hopefully remedy the Stadia situation as well.

veteran
veteran
It's frustrating trying to avoid spoilers while so many people are putting up videos about Grymforge. I feel like this delay separates me from the community when I'd love nothing more than to be talking about the new patch.

L
apprentice
apprentice
L
Originally Posted by Bomor
Interesting. How does it work on Stadia? Was patch 5 pulled entirely and the game isn't playable at all there right now? There's a good chance that we'll see a hotfix release sometime this week which will hopefully remedy the Stadia situation as well.

On Stadia you cannot keep using an old patch so when the update happens you have to start again.

F
journeyman
journeyman
F
Originally Posted by Baronvonheadless
I've not really complained about this game, and I've always been patient with the model of early access and knew what I was getting into.
Including all the times the patch would be announced and delayed. That's fine.
But IMO they should have waited until all versions (pc, Mac, stadia) were ready to launch before they launched patch 6.

It's probably an unpopular opinion, but I agree they should not have released a patch for one group of players and made another wait a week without knowing when they'll even get it. The content has already been spoiled for me, it totally sucks all the excitement of exploring something new with a community when most people have already done all the exploring days ago.

Originally Posted by Bomor

I think they mean that there is no point playing the game now when Stadia players could lose access to their saves at any given moment, since they can't elect to keep playing a prior patch.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Blackheifer
Originally Posted by DragonMaster69
Ok, folks got a couple of issues with Patch 6 and were wondering if anybody else has come across it or if there is a way to fix any of them.

1. My main female Ranger knight's max carry weight is 160 pounds she is only carrying 105 lbs and it says that she is "Encumbered" Didn't remember this ever happening before Patch 6 unless I was close to or over my max carry weight.

The new carry weight system was introduced in Patch 5. It's a more lenient version of the 5E Variant Encumbrance rule. Basically in LBS its STR x 12 = your carry weight unencumbered. Anything beyond that you start to become encumbered, and then you have an absolute max carry weight that is STR x 20.

In Kilograms it is STR x 6 and STR x 10.

Originally Posted by DragonMaster69
2. A lot of interior areas are all but black and you can hardly see anything. Even though Caina<Ranger Party leader> and Shadowheart both have dark vision. I don't remember areas like the Crypt where you get the "Speak with dead Amulet" or the Toll House basement being so dark and if these two areas are that dark I can only imagine how dark the Underdark is now.

As far as the Darkness goes you would think that with Lae'zel Carrying the Everburn blade that it would shed light as well.

Anyone else having<had> these issues? and if so how did you correct them or have you?

Video Settings Gamma Correction slider should allow you to see better. However, turning on light sources is also super helpful. The Underdark is now properly dark like it should be.

Thanks for the lighting fixes it sure helped out and it is appreciated. Now as for the weight it seems Larian is using the STR x 6 and STR x 10 in the US where we very seldom use the metric system and so 16 x 6 would only be 96 lbs and then she's Encumbered. Just her armor and weapons and such already take up damn near half of that there leaving you not much left over for excess. Maybe Lariun should not include your equipped items in with your carry weight especially if they are only going to give you a max carry weight of 160 lbs. Most things I don't even carry I send them to camp until I decide to sell them. The bad thing about that there is You have to gather that for which you want to sell and take a long rest before you can go out to wherever and sell the stuff.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Now I'll ask this once again since no one commented about it when I had asked earlier. In the Character creation menu, they have listed Shadowheart, Wyll, etc listed there. Is Larian going to allow us to make changes to things like their Starting spells, subclass, domain, etc before we go into the game and the changes will be in game-like if we created them ourselves? If this is true I can make Shadowheart a life cleric and fix Wyll's stats. Now if only there was a healing cantrip.<G>

curious as the whether or not anyone knows the answer there are two slots for which I'm curious.

The first is on the left side Between the gauntlets and the boots it looks like for a belt. Which so far I've not found any type of belts in the game. Is Laurian going to add the Giant strength belts into the game? these would be the only belts I can remember there being. Of course, it's been years since I played DND PNP.

The other is on the Right side top of above the Amulet does anyone know what is to go into that spot there? I've tried various things and so far everything gets rejected.

Thanks again for whatever info you can provide.

Last edited by DragonMaster69; 20/10/21 02:47 AM.
veteran
veteran
So about companions ... so far nobody knows.
But honestly i doubt it.

Dunno if there is any other belt ...
But yes that slot is made for belts ... so i gues Larian will eventualy create some of their own.

And the last slot is for capes ...
And personaly i hope it will be hideable just as helmets bcs personaly i hate capes. -_-

And yes none belts or capes are in EA as far as i know.

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 20/10/21 06:04 AM.

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
So about companions ... so far nobody knows.
But honestly i doubt it.

Dunno if there is any other belt ...
But yes that slot is made for belts ... so i gues Larian will eventualy create some of their own.

And the last slot is for capes ...
And personaly i hope it will be hideable just as helmets bcs personaly i hate capes. -_-

And yes none belts or capes are in EA as far as i know.

Well, now thanks for the reply I appreciate it. I will have to admit now I know why I quit playing the game before. It was because the game takes as much as 3 minutes or more to reload. Which I've never played a PC game that takes so long to re-load. I figured that they would have finally fixed that aspect of the game. Another thing I don't like is the fact that when a battle starts you can't have other party members join the battle which I think is BS.

I'm currently in the battle in the cave for that chest that has the beholder in it. Wyll used misty step to grab the high ground where the ladder is. It started the battle and locked the other party members out of the battle and I can't move them into battle or anything.

Also if all the guys with that Shipment die how can I return it or can I?

Last edited by DragonMaster69; 20/10/21 07:09 AM.
veteran
veteran
Im 1000% sure that is a bug ...
Since even Sven in his presentations keep his party members in back an joins combat with them later.... wich would be impossible by this design.
Never happened to me tho.

Yes you can ...
You can drag it to Zentarims and give it to them ... but you cant open it.
Personaly i believe its a misstake that ypu are unable to lock it back so they have no idea ... but w/e

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Im 1000% sure that is a bug ...
Since even Sven in his presentations keep his party members in back an joins combat with them later.... wich would be impossible by this design.
Never happened to me tho.

Yes you can ...
You can drag it to Zentarims and give it to them ... but you cant open it.
Personaly i believe its a misstake that ypu are unable to lock it back so they have no idea ... but w/e

How are you supposed to know where to take it to or the password to get in if they are all dead?

veteran
veteran
Oh this ...
Well you can sneak past the guard and find spare key down bellow ... or pickpocket it ofc.
There is also hole in the roof so you can get around him completely if your sneaking is low ...
Or ypu can get the password via Speak with Dead. 😉

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 20/10/21 09:34 AM.

stranger
stranger
The Astarion scene when he tries to bite you in camp in Update 6 is not properly working. You can hear what they say but there is no cinematic. Same thing with the cinematic for Netty and the poisoned branch.
I've done 3 complete playthrough with new toons just to see but it's just not there.
Furthermore, in the Druid Grove, the girl who is speaking to the bird by the entrance to speak with Khaga thinks you're a Druid. She literally says: "A druid and an outsider".

I'm not pointing these things out to criticize, just so that you're aware. Bugs and glitches included this game AND all Larian Studios has accomplished 10/10.

Thank you for your time and patience Larian! 🤓😁

stranger
stranger
When are Mac and Stadia going to get patch 6? It has been almost a week now...

V
stranger
stranger
V
We're no longer in "it's early access", "you signed up for this", etc territory. Yes, we all signed up for a buggy and incomplete game, however we also all paid $60 for the ability to help test this game. Everyone left is perfectly fine dealing with and submitting bug reports and helping Larian make the best game possible.

But this is now almost a week with no communication about when to realistically expect a release to stadia and mac versions which you were happy to take our money for. "Soon" is insulting, and at this point, lying. Please provide an update on when we can expect to be able to play the already buggy and incomplete game we paid for on Stadia and Mac, or at least provide some more respectful communication about what's going on and why a significant portion of your player base can't play, while a different portion is able.

Additionally, I hope this is a lesson that these types of releases are not acceptable in the future, and that you should not release a game, especially one with content updates, to only a portion of your player base with a week lag time in between. Obviously a few hours or up to a day is fine.

journeyman
journeyman
Patch 6 sounds fun. Of course, I really have no idea because I still can't play it. Stadia and Mac are still waiting. I love the game and I just want to play the new material.

Shaolin Stoner
A
stranger
stranger
A
I couldn’t agree more.

enthusiast
enthusiast
WTF?! For 3 days I've been playing the game this time through and had gotten a good distance through the game. I laid down to get some sleep and when I woke up and went to play the game all my saves were gone! it's like I hadn't even played at all. I had everyone up to 3rd level and had 3k in gold.

Last edited by DragonMaster69; 20/10/21 07:04 PM.
stranger
stranger
Communication is key and we have none right now. How long before someone tells us what is really happening here? I am worried for the future of the game on those platforms. Will we always get everything late? Because if so, maybe you should advertise it as such.

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard