Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 28 of 46 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 45 46
veteran
veteran
Do you remember those crazy times, when this was serious topic?

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Do you remember those crazy times, when this was serious topic?

During their "lifespan", not every topic stays fully serious...or humorous, for that matter. That aside, during lulls in activity/attention, a modicum of levity goes a long way towards keeping the fire burning. I - personally - want to see newer opinions on this subject once the game is fully completed.

veteran
veteran
Okay. I think I am going to now jump on the we need more elves that look like elves bandwagon. Maybe I just haven't created enough fully elf or dark elf characters, especially males. I just created a male dark elf sorcerer and went through the faces and thought what the heck are these? One face is kind of bloated. It truly does not look elven at all.

So 100% we need more elf options for appearances

apprentice
apprentice
Would be great to have more elf-looking elves (my preference), or at least generally better looking ones in case they want to keep the human look.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by GM4Him
Okay. I think I am going to now jump on the we need more elves that look like elves bandwagon. Maybe I just haven't created enough fully elf or dark elf characters, especially males. I just created a male dark elf sorcerer and went through the faces and thought what the heck are these? One face is kind of bloated. It truly does not look elven at all.

Welcome to the fold.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Ragitsu

Welcome to the fold.

I am fully indoctrinated now. Females don't look so bad, though I agree some additional elven faces would be good, but the GUYS!

Ugh! No.

stranger
stranger
I agree with the elves needing to look more like elves, at the moment they just look like stern humans with pointy ears, for a race with ties to the fey there needs to be something more otherworldly and exotic to them. I'm guessing the preset faces comes down to mocap and having the limited choice helps with the cinematic, but I'd love to see far more options in the custom character creator where you can tweak different aspects of the face, or at the very least have more than 4 preset faces to choose from.

OP Offline

Took you a while, didn't it?

But you know what? You're welcome with open arms!

We've got coffee and cupcakes over there, help yourself!

veteran
veteran
And that's why you make it 27 pages long

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Sozz
And that's why you make it 27 pages long

"Your honor, the evidence is clearly overwhelming."

Dez Offline
addict
addict

Welcome! We're glad to have you. :]

Hoot hoot, stranger! Fairly new to CRPGs, but I tried my best to provide some feedback regardless! <3 Read it here: My Open Letter to Larian
old hand
old hand
The decision to smash those elf subraces together left a bad taste in my mouth. During their pursuit of simplicity, they ended up watering down some great Forgotten Realms flavor.

apprentice
apprentice
They just went with the PHB/Sword Coast Guide or? You have options to make a High Elf, as Wood Elf and a Drow. And High Elves that look like either a Moon Elf or a Sun Elf (Wood and Wild Elf don't seem to be different in 5e anymore) in terms of skin, hair and eye colors.

The game generally seems lacking non-visual options and background information for your own character, and in comparison to what they have been doing for the companions. But visually I think you have all the options to make all the current major elf subraces in Forgotten Realms. Mechanically there is not difference between Moon and Sun Elves anyway.

stranger
stranger
Is this where I sign on the dotted line in agreement?

journeyman
journeyman
Male elves faces looking like Buzz Lightyear... damn thats a hard pill to swallow.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Alurvelve

Yep. Please, use a pen.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Anthraxid
Male elves faces looking like Buzz Lightyear... damn thats a hard pill to swallow.

Buzz Lightyear! Yes! Especially one in particular. Ugh! I even went "Ah!" When I saw him.

When I first started posting on this thread, I had really only made female elves and thought they looked fine. I even created an elf guy using one of the first to pop up. I thought he looked a bit like Legolas, so again, no big deal.

But going through all the elf options was cringe. Please, for the love of all that is holy, give us more elf models that are truly elf.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Ragitsu
Originally Posted by Alurvelve
Yep. Please, use a pen.
Why nobody told me that own blood is optional???

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
old hand
old hand
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
[Linked Image from co12.nevseoboi.com.ua]
[Linked Image from fandomania.com]
[Linked Image from static.tvtropes.org]

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Caelir
They just went with the PHB/Sword Coast Guide or? You have options to make a High Elf, as Wood Elf and a Drow. And High Elves that look like either a Moon Elf or a Sun Elf (Wood and Wild Elf don't seem to be different in 5e anymore) in terms of skin, hair and eye colors.

The game generally seems lacking non-visual options and background information for your own character, and in comparison to what they have been doing for the companions. But visually I think you have all the options to make all the current major elf subraces in Forgotten Realms. Mechanically there is not difference between Moon and Sun Elves anyway.

Both Sun Elves and Moon Elves are technically classified as "High Elves" in some editions of D&D, but I prefer an actual separation between the two during character creation (e.g., showing "Sun Elf" or "Moon Elf" up-front on the character sheet) with an entry describing how they are both part of the "High Elves" despite their differences.

Page 28 of 46 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 45 46

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard