Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
addict
addict
A
Shovel as a familiar for arcane spellcasters. I kind of miss the little ball of evil glee, in patch 6 my sorcerer couldn't even talk to him because of a bug.

veteran
veteran
This start to feel a little like randomly picking any name from game laugh

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Yeah a bit, but then that's the charm right? Does it work in the final game - maybe not so well, but it would be damn entertaining for an Early Access experience!

Instead of gatekeeping our crews and trying to anticipate our every wish in a single 5 course meal, instead it becomes like an endless EA buffet - all you can eat! Speaking of which

Originally Posted by Niara
But, you can bypass all of those stiff requirements, as long as you're a red dragonblood sorcerer and you pursue the romance option instead

Qudenos has doubtless had centuries to perfect his technique and sense of timing. Some things are worth the wait!

Abdirak completely Approves - and now has so so many questions for the PC!

Heheh Brilliant!

veteran
veteran
Ah. Tis just for fun, Ragnarok. Personally, I'd love it if they did a buffet of characters to recruit, but I highly doubt they will. Too many voice actors = too much money to pull it off. As it is, I'm afraid they've bitten off way more than they can chew. It would have been so much easier to not do all that voice acting. Then they could have allowed a myriad of companions without a gazillion tons of work and money for voice acting.

But we'll see. I say, the more companions they allow us to recruit, the merrier, if they can legitimately pull it off.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Yeah exactly! Oh also, another thing they could do to make it feel extra special would be to make this feature something the player can access only after playing the Act1 campaign to completion at least once.

Like that's when the player gets their magic mind control EA artifact which allows their next character to do the NPC recruitment stuff on their next run, just to maintain engagement. A little unlock and congrats for playing and helping them test out the core material. I think it would definitely make me want to try again, and feel pretty rewarding!

Ellyka anyone?
Because i really need an archer which is female...
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

STILL WAITING FOR NEW COMPANION AND CUSTOM PARTY WITHOUT MULTIPLAYER.
BECAUSE WHY FUCKING NOT???
L
addict
addict
L
Oh. Her....I accidentally talked to her with Laezel....RIP.

E
stranger
stranger
E
Great choice, I second it! Abdirak and Halsin would have some interesting dialogues as well.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Here ya go... tossed her in and added a few more for your scrolling amusement lol

I arranged it this time in rows of 5, since I'm in the 6 character party camp and this way you can imagine your PC as the missing slot among the many randos. Least it gives a quick read just for kicks heheh

grin

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Here's 50...

That's quite a few, but doesn't it already feel like 50 times more epic? hehe

Ps. Doh forgot Shovel! We'll get him next time! Lol

Last edited by Black_Elk; 25/10/21 03:07 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
The bugbear. No question.

(That randy old goat would be fun…lol)

old hand
old hand
I just want Gandrel's clothes honestly

Optimistically Apocalyptic
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
So just as a follow up, but I think a system of NPC recruitment could also be a way to engage the player after they hit the level cap.

The main idea being that even if your MC is maxed out for the EA, you could then recruit Zorru or whoever as a lvl1 companion and level them up. Perhaps there is enough content to get a whole B crew going? Build up a gang from the grove or the goblin camp into real adventures. Sure they'd only have their "barks" from their one liners for characterization, but every NPC we meet does have some character built in just from that. To me this would be more fun than a Mercenary scheme, while giving a similar level of variety. Perhaps not every single NPC is recruitable, but it would be cool if it actually was every single NPC with a crazy enough roll hehe. Still you hit the fan favs at least, and also get telemetry on who people chose to have tag along. Even if it's just for EA Act I, that'd be a fun way to keep it lively.

Last edited by Black_Elk; 06/08/22 03:48 AM.
L
journeyman
journeyman
L
Honestly? None of the above, I'm fine with Astarion. Okay, okay... Maybe Lump the Enlightened? He's not listed, but I'd take him.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
It does raise an interesting dilemma, like what would it take to persuade Lump to tag along? My thought would definitely be that for starters, you have to feed him another one of your companions as a trade off. Maybe not Astarion, but somebody a little fresher? Or if you feed him Gale, better watch out after a few long rests, as that could get dicey lol.

G
addict
addict
G
Minthara would be interesting. That Soul Branding bonus action buff.

I wouldn't mind taking Filro, however.

old hand
old hand
You'd have to reduce him anytime you wanna go through the door...

Last edited by neprostoman; 06/08/22 08:47 AM.
Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
+100000 to the Omeluum comments.
Disappointed no one has said Spaw or Glut, given you can do so many quests for Spaw to upgrade your standing with the Myconids. I think having a myconid join the team would be interesting.

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
addict
addict
Excellent thread, so many good ideas.

old hand
old hand
I could see this as a mod but not a game feature, if anything well probably get a create your own companion in act 2. That's if they keep to the divinity series feature.

I'd probably recruit Lakrissa or/and Nadira, could see Nadira being a rogue and Lakrissa being a ranger. Changing appearance wise would be a pass, not big on editing existing npcs.

Cool idea though, would be a nice replacement to the create your own that was in divinity.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard