Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Potion dont prevent burning...
It only halvens the amount of damage you get from fire ... and as Niara said it dont stack ...

So if your character allready is resistant to fire damage it does nothing and that is corect by design.

So if you stand in fire you get 1d4 fire damage + you can get Burning status that gives another 1d4 per turn ...
If you stand in fire with fire resistance (no matter if from race or potion) situation is same but your damage recedived is reduced to half ... so 1d4/2
And if you havw racial resistancw AND potion they dont stack so still 1d4/2
With resistance firw still burns only slower.

The potion description doesn't say you only take 1/2 damage from fire. It Says "Gain resistance to Fire damage until your next Long Rest" whereas with the Waste Land wander Fire it specifically states that you 1/2 damage from fire. Now you can see how someone can be confused by this and it should be corrected in the potions description.

Because pretty much the only way to save that guy is by pure luck. It took me several loads to save that guy.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Any chance of us getting decent versatile weapons that we can actually Dual wield? A lot of the good ones that are "Versatile" say that "They Can't Be Dual wielded which I think sucks. not to mention the fact that Larian assumes that everyone is right-handed making the right hand the main hand. what about the left-handers in the world? Surely you can't say that they didn't exist back then.

So far the only decent weapons for which you can dual wield are either one-handed weapons or if they are a versatile weapon they either can't be dual-wielded or their enchantments don't work in the off-hand like the Shattered Flails 1d6 healing damage. Shouldn't matter what hand it's in as long as you got it equipped the enchantments should work. How is the inanimate weapon going to know what hand it's being used in?

stranger
stranger
Greetings one and all,
my first point to make is simple: Love what you are doing and what you are attempting to do! Keep at it!
Now for the nit-picking. I am curious about the cinematics employed. Firstly, the early scenes onboard the Nautiloid. The last character-centred cinematic prior to crashing on the beach, your character hangs precariously from the control panel. Gripping stuff - no pun intended. My thought was the other characters. Is there any reason why the other figures cannot be manipulated in basic ragdoll fashion to reflect the physics that the main protagonist undergoes? For instance, in my play throughs I see Lae'zel, Shadowheart, a Cambion and an Illithid just standing around whilst I am thrown about the cabin. If it's an issue of processor versus effect, then I can understand. But small inconsistencies are often what seperate a truly great game from the rank and file. Several other cinemtacs suffer similar fate, with the main character reacting (as focus of the graphics) whilst they stand in the background and do nothing.
Also, the fact that you blatantly openly display Astarion's Vampiric nature, Wyll's demonic pact and Gale's...um...mental state in your artwork, completely negates the whole intriguing backstory search. Although graphically, these characters are enticing and can be explored in great detail through the retail version when available, it currently "spoils" some of the surprises - not all, by any stretch of the imagination, but I do feel the revelation of these characters/companions closer to release date would have been more enticing consumer-wise.
I have logged only 45 hours but am nowhere near finishing Act 1, let alone the rest. I tend to replay areas and scenarios with different combinations to see how things could be different. I will be intrigued to see how further character classes and races may be offered as we go forth.

An awesome game to date and a great experience all round. Can't wait to see what comes next.

M
stranger
stranger
M
I've got around 40 hrs into this now, both in update 4, & 5, and now 6. My request is that you put a storage chest in the camp for all of the equipment we find, but don't want to sell or cart around for long stretches. My one question is this: where is the myconid treasure that Spaw gives you after killing all of the Duergar ? I think that any awarded treasure should pop up on the map so we don't have to hunt all over the place to find it.

Last edited by mikmil43; 15/02/22 12:42 AM.
G
enthusiast
enthusiast
G
Shove discussions and balance should be in here. This needs to be the next thing Larian adjusts.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard