Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#793948 17/10/21 10:24 PM
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Starting yesterday (this did not occur initially when starting a run using Patch 6) all of the monsters at each encounter have stopped doing anything. They just stand where they are, think for quite a bit and then do nothing. I admit, it made the Gith patrol encounter quite easy wink

Last edited by Baldrick; 17/10/21 10:25 PM.
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Still happening. Every encounter features unresponsive monsters.

stranger
stranger
I have this bug currently, it started during the encounter with the big-boss bugbear and illithid. All the enemies stopped responding. I don't know if it started sooner but it seemed about. I've tried reloading and it's still present, so it's pretty gamebreaking. Let me know if I can submit anything to help have it patched!

For stories past and yet untold; let's see what today and tomorrow may yet hold.
stranger
stranger
As an update; it hasn't stopped since. Gonna have to stop playing this run as the giant battles are literally afk fights now >_<

For stories past and yet untold; let's see what today and tomorrow may yet hold.
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Nup. Still rooted. And now I've had an additional oddity. Having finished a Long rest I have only received half of my spells and sorcery points back (Shadowheart has also only received half of her spells too).

G
stranger
stranger
G
I am not sure exactly why, but if you leave your main character out of the area and them start a fight, the enemies will act like normal. The funny thing is that the NPC's stop again if your main character come to the fight. Go figure...

old hand
old hand
Just out of curiosity, are you constantly in stealth? This unfortunately makes the enemies not do anything.

veteran
veteran
I had that with Auntie Ethel yesterday. In her hutt, she attacked normally, but in the lair, she did nothing. I hope, that not all enemies are doing that now. I know, that Ethel can bug out, If you do too much damage in one round and my party was very lucky damage weiße.
Still monsters mit attacking is pretty gamebreaking.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
S
stranger
stranger
S
Same issue. It has happened twice to me.

From what I gather something is bugging out on either your mc or one of the companions. I'm pretty sure it's something to do with location and the game not correctly being able to tell where that character is. If the character who is bugged is kept out of combat, combat can continue normally. If that person is in combat the AI will take no actions. Presumably it is trying to calculate actions and bugging out on whichever character is having the problem. This eventually times out and causes them to skip their turn.

This first happened to me with Astarion, and leaving him in camp allowed me to continue the game. I am unclear when precisely this happened with him.

However, it has now happened mid-fight to me with Gale against the Bulette. It downed him on the edge of a ledge (climbable) and when I healed him and he stood back up the bug occurred (in the rest of that fight, and in other fights moving forward). I'm pretty sure the game couldn't figure out whether he was on the ledge, or off of it.

The other thing this bug does is cause that character to bug out when following you across jumps or climbs. Again, I would assume this is because the game is trying to calculate where that character is and failing. You can get the character to jump/climb but you have to switch to them and do it manually.

Sometimes my previous saves work and sometimes they haven't. Not sure what causes that or why. Edit: Reloaded the same save right before a fight like 8 times. 50/50 split on whether it works or not.

Last edited by StoicNomad; 19/10/21 06:25 AM.
veteran
veteran
I put in a ticket for this a few days ago and provided a save file today with the bug occuring. They have been able to confirm it and have forwarded it to the dev team to look into.

It appears to be centered around a random character in your party who is causing the problem. Saving and reloading does NOT fix the problem. It can happen in single and multiplayer campaigns - had it happen to one of my teams 8 hours in when we got to the Grymforge.

It's frustrating, but they are aware of it.

Blackheifer
stranger
stranger
Ah, glad to hear it known of them. It's made my current playthrough dead in the waters.

Thanks for this thread. Booted Astarion and now everything is fine. Is it always Astarion that's the problem I wonder?

I am having the same problem. In my case, both Lae'zel and Shadowheart have become unusable ;(

- Firm believer in Mindflayer supremacy -
stranger
stranger
Looks like it was patched!! But yes, only fix before the hopeful patch was to remove them from your party. Even having them killed wasn't working, so it was pretty gamebreaking.

Link Copied to Clipboard