V
V_Ben Offline OP
Ben_Larian
OP Offline
Ben_Larian
V
Hello Everyone!

We have a new hotfix for you today.

This hotfix addresses several crash bugs, a number of graphics issues, and a host of gameplay fixes. It turns out, Bald Duergar really need to live up to their names - our previous patch left us in a rather hairy situation, and this has now been rectified.

It’s just past the mark of one year in Early Access for BG3, and soon we’ll talk about how far the game - and we - have come. Patch 6 saw our highest concurrent player numbers since launch on October 6, 2020. From the bottom of our hearts, we thank you for being on this journey with us. It means a lot to us that you’re responding to each patch, jumping back in, and giving us feedback to help make Baldur’s Gate 3 the best it can be. There’s a road ahead, but this is the biggest RPG we’ve ever made, and we feel as though if we continue to work together, the journey will be an enjoyable one for us all.

Some of you may be curious as to why occasionally, the Mac & Stadia versions of hot-fixes and patches may come later. This is because in Early Access, the teams are both working on fixes for current versions of the games, but they’re also working on creating content that brings the game to completion. For many of the teams, moving them away from a patch and onto future content as quickly as possible is really important. Once the patch is ready, much of the content team moves to working on future content, and future patches. This leaves separate (but equally important teams!) to work on adjusting the patch for other platforms, which is why you may see them being released staggered. This isn’t desired, but it can be a result of how development works. Internally, we always have a discussion about what’s best for the patch, and the community. Taking the Stadia version as an example for Patch 6, we felt that performance wasn’t as desired, so we decided to hold it back to work on it for longer.

Even though the game is in Early Access, and we expect bugs, we try very hard to only release an experience we think you’ll enjoy.

As always, thank you so much for letting us know about these issues via our support team and by your posts on all our social channels. Your reports, feedback and suggestions are very helpful, and always welcome.

Thank you for playing Bald Duergar’s Gate 3, and for your support! May your dreams be filled with Giant Halsin - Larian’s very own Big Daddy.

Changelist:

● Enabling Screenspace Sub Surface Scattering (SSSS) no longer causes game to crash.
● Fixed crash when both DLSS and HDR are enabled.
● A rare crash that appeared when a follower dies during combat is no more.
● Zarys will now ignite the barrels and run away after being startled.
● Bald Duergar are now even balder. Please refer to BG3 as Balder’s Gate from here on out.
● Glut can now jump - not to be confused with the title of the 1992 Woody Harrelson basketball movie.
● You can only return Sergeant Thrinn's boots if you knew they were stolen to begin with.
● Create Water can now be used to extinguish light sources that it previously could not.
● Fixed scaling issues of the HDR calibration image with DLSS turned on - it now resizes accordingly.
● Improved animations and VFX for some Weapon Actions.
● Lights no longer appear right before starting a cinematic dialogue while the screen is fading.
● The Prepare action tooltip won’t display negative damage.
● You can now end your turn after using Flaming Sphere.
● Made the falling impact damage formula more precise.
● Characters no longer randomly receive 44 bludgeoning damage. That was weird.
● Glut and other characters now have their correct portraits.
● Shadowheart will now have all her spell points when recruited on the beach.
● Withers now always leaves when dismissed.
● A number of small UI issues related to saving and loading have been fixed.
● Improved texture of Halfling dreadlocks.
● Cancelling interface changes in the Settings menu will now properly revert to the original settings.
● Myconids will no longer get stuck in an endless self-healing loop after combat.
● Fixed an AI calculation issue that caused NPCs to pass their turn without doing anything.
● Fixed the passive feature of Elder Brithvar's pick weapon.
● All torches found in Grymforge are now equippable.
● Resolved a visual issue when opening the lava valve at the Adamantine Forge.
● Fixed a crash when killing the last enemy at Plea at the Gates combat.
● Wild Magic: Enchant Weapons properly deal critical damage.
● Spore Servant and Hook Horror status overlays are no longer bright green.
● Night Walkers boots now grant immunity to Entangled and Ensnared.
● Ring of Fire now works on Fire damage from weapon attacks.
● Horrific Visage's Mind Flayer no longer faces the wrong direction.
● Priestess Gut can no longer call guards when silenced.
● Active rolls are now properly centered on 16:10 resolution screens.
● Fixed NPC spells sometimes not hitting other NPCs.
● Whispering Mask effects will now be applied correctly when equipped through the Equipment UI.

Last edited by V_Ben; 21/10/21 05:54 PM.
D
D
Originally Posted by V_Ben
Priestess Gut can no longer call guards when silenced.
Very much appreciated. I just hope that is not a Gut-specific hack - Silence should always work that way.

● Fixed an AI calculation issue that caused NPCs to pass their turn without doing anything.

The big one

veteran
veteran
It’s just past the mark of one year in Early Access for BG3, and soon we’ll talk about how far the game - and we - have come.
Best fix i have read about in this post. laugh
Looking forward to it. :3

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 21/10/21 08:16 PM.

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
veteran
veteran
May your dreams be filled with Giant Halsin - Larian’s very own Big Daddy.
😂😂😂

apprentice
apprentice
Thank you for the update.

Unfortunately, after that, the game starts to demand a lot more from the machine. Since launch, I've been playing with the graphics on the medium. But now, even in very low some textures don't appear.

Examples here: https://imgur.com/a/1sedw4w

A
journeyman
journeyman
A
● A number of small UI issues related to saving and loading have been fixed.
does this mean that upon saving, all your items will no longer revert to the "stats" property of their RootTemplate ?
all my lazily modded items reverting to their original form Cinderella style was a fun surprise but someone mentioned the robe of summer being affected : its RootTemplate does not have a stats property, reverting to its parent template instead which is a regular robe
[edit]I checked, items are still reverting... next fix, I guess...

Last edited by auriejir; 24/10/21 09:39 AM.
M
apprentice
apprentice
M
I'm a Stadia user. I am a Stadia user solely for this game. (Yeah, yeah shut it) I ordered a PC, the PC I want. Because it's customized and Covid, I'm waiting months for delivery. Baldur's Gate 3 will be the first game I buy. Again, regardless...
I'm just asking for a rough guesstimate. I know you can't say "we're releasing the Stadia version on 26/10/2021 at 14:37 GMT". But do I keep logging in every few hours during the work week to check? Is it probably going to release towards the end of next week? Are you hoping for the M1 version to be out next week and Stadia the week after? Could it be a month from the original release?

S
stranger
stranger
S
Game crashers on start-up
Ever since Hotfix 15 (back in August), BG3 consistently crashes on launch (same place every time), about 25% of load meter, with the Shadowheart background picture.
Been working with tech support and trying the various support suggestions, but nothing has worked.
I am on a PC (Dell/Alienware) using Steam and Nvidia graphic card.
Tried uninstall/re-install, validate flies, update drivers, no other programs running, Vulcan and direct X, launching from exe, admin from exe, modifying exe, changing folder names, deleting older folders/files; but nothing has worked!
Was hoping Patch 6 and Hotfix 16 would help, but still same problem.
Again, game worked fine prior to Hotfix 15.
Any suggestions from the community?

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Originally Posted by sollis68
Tried uninstall/re-install, validate flies, update drivers, no other programs running, Vulcan and direct X,
Have you tried actually uninstalling/reinstalling Vulcan and Direct X? If you have, what about uninstalling and reinstalling the video card?

S
stranger
stranger
S
Thanks, Mindgame26, everything seems up to date. But I still keep getting an ‘application hang’ error, whenever I try to run the game. Hoping the next patch helps, bummed I cannot try out the new Sorcerer class!

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Originally Posted by sollis68
Thanks, Mindgame26, everything seems up to date. But I still keep getting an ‘application hang’ error, whenever I try to run the game. Hoping the next patch helps, bummed I cannot try out the new Sorcerer class!
I had a really similar problem with Dragon Age 2 several years ago. Everything was up to date, so I checked with a friend who works for EA... I uninstalled and reinstalled the video and sound cards on his advice. Actually removed the hardware in Windows and the system bios. It's a pain, it took almost an hour... And it worked. He said sometimes something gets corrupted and the only solution is a clean install. But it's up to you. Good luck

S
stranger
stranger
S
Thanks, Mindgame26. I did go ahead and try unistalling and the reintalling the drivers. Unfortunately, same result, so something else must be causing the 'application hang'...Ugh...too much time and effort troubleshooting this game!

veteran
veteran
How about you go and fix vendors accusing you of stealing every time, you try to sell something to them - that is one of the most annoying bugs and would have need a hotfix a bit more urgent than a bald duergar.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
Originally Posted by fylimar
How about you go and fix vendors accusing you of stealing every time, you try to sell something to them - that is one of the most annoying bugs and would have need a hotfix a bit more urgent than a bald duergar.

Yeah, i've noticed that as well.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Peranor
Originally Posted by fylimar

Yeah, i've noticed that as well.

+1,000

I've had to reload at Aron, the halfling vendor like 3 times during a playthrough with my wife doing multiplayer session. I think it's worse with multiplayer. I'm sitting there selling and Rolan, the dumb tiefling mage comes strolling up and says SHE, MY WIFE, was stealing. She Intimidates him and he goes away (she's playing a githyanki fighter with Zalk's Flaming Sword, a green haired, with a rim of hair, gith... lol. She called him Kermit). I keep selling, and suddenly he comes back and initiates a fight. Everything in the grove went to heck at that point.

Again, it happened multiple times. Very frustrating.

veteran
veteran
Its also probably a little harder to fix than upload corect textures

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Its also probably a little harder to fix than upload corect textures

Yeah. You're right, but it is no less a really annoying thing that is happening, and frankly we quit playing because of it. My wife's not a huge video gamer to begin with, so when something like that happens, it's pretty much game over.

veteran
veteran
I save every time, I want to sell stuff. It's getting to a Point, where it is really annoying.
They really should make fixing that a priority.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
A
journeyman
journeyman
A
weird, buying and selling is pretty much all I do and I haven't noticed a thing... do you have more info on what triggers the interaction ? a reliable way to do it perhaps ? just for science...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard