Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15
veteran
veteran
Btw - I managed to get mods to work again, I used a new profile and left out the Extra Hair Slot - that might have broke my game for some reason

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by fylimar
Extra Hair Slot
Slot .. you mean you could mix two hairstyles at once?
That would be awesome ... its something im hoping for a decade in many RPGs ...

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Extra Hair Slot
Slot .. you mean you could mix two hairstyles at once?
That would be awesome ... its something im hoping for a decade in many RPGs ...
That's the idea. My last character had that (and the one 9in my avatar - it's mix of hair 2 and Lae'zels hair). But for some reason, after the hotfix, it stopped working. I deinstalled all mods and reinstalled one after another and the otheres weren't the problem. I'm pretty sure, it will be working again - for now, I use new Mintharas hair for my character, since she doesn't need it in my playthroughs.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
M
stranger
stranger
M
Thanks again for working so hard on this it must have taken awhile you're amazing!
shareme for pc jiofilocalhtml.run

Last edited by meghtitan; 19/01/22 08:57 AM.
G
enthusiast
enthusiast
G
What if we could design own battles for others to fight??

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by GreatWarrioX
What if we could design own battles for others to fight??
I believe that is the purpose of that so often suggested DM mod?

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
G
enthusiast
enthusiast
G
I think it should work for EA games. Bring the community and devs abit closer each other.

V
Van'tal
Unregistered
Van'tal
Unregistered
V
Originally Posted by vometia
Originally Posted by Abits
Originally Posted by Bukke
Many mods from the regular modding sites usually come with installation instructions. Have you tried checking those?
This. Because mods are not officially supported at this point, it is very important to read the mod's readme file because it is not very straightforward process at the moment
I should add this to my to-do list. Modding will be supported and the forums exist (which I know for certain as I created them, in case anyone needs confirmation) but are just waiting to be green-lighted. Which isn't my decision and is on hold as long as the EA feedback is prioritised. But just throwing that out there so it's known to be a thing.

But in the meantime I should probably collate some information about the how, why, why not and so on. People want to know how to install stuff and should know the consequences of doing so.

You are an awesome administrator!

Mods have made Bethesda what it is today, turned Vampire the Masquerade bloodlines from a dumpster fire into a master piece, have made old games playable, and great games even better.

The size of the mod list for this game should make Larian VERY happy indeed. Mod support will all but guarantee this games success.

Mods have made this game fun for me, and calmed my inner ranting.

You can't please everyone...but mods can! smile

V
Van'tal
Unregistered
Van'tal
Unregistered
V
Great job Alana SP, and all moders for your work!

Thank-you for your efforts!

V
Van'tal
Unregistered
Van'tal
Unregistered
V
Btw - I managed to get mods to work again, I used a new profile and left out the Extra Hair Slot - that might have broke my game for some reason

Extra hair-slot enchant for the win...oh wait, that was Skyrim.

V
Van'tal
Unregistered
Van'tal
Unregistered
V
New Patch query:

Any new code to aid in mod making?

I know there needs to be a way to calculate a single die re-roll to be able to correctly implement Elvin Accuracy or Luck.

addict
addict
Any mods out there or in the works that get rid of the fugly Vfx for bards and/or remove the glowing eyes when a barbarian is raging? That stuff looks incredibly over the top and unimmersive, it's not even funny.
Or could anyone advise me how to go about it, if no such mods exist?

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Kendaric
Any mods out there or in the works that get rid of the fugly Vfx for bards and/or remove the glowing eyes when a barbarian is raging? That stuff looks incredibly over the top and unimmersive, it's not even funny.
Or could anyone advise me how to go about it, if no such mods exist?

I'd check out nexus mods and do some digging around dos2 mod section.

veteran
veteran
I just started using mods today for the first time, out of boredom for the state of the vanilla game perpetually stuck at level 4, and I have to say that if this is the stuff people are already able to achieve in EA with very limited tools, it bodes fairly well for the future.

Out of curiosity, I know that asking for a modder to remove&replace the toilet chain entirely is probably expecting too much, but is anyone aware of the possibility to tweak the default formation?

I'm playing with a party of six characters again and I'd pay to have them arranged in a traditional "2X3" double line instead of this shitty spread out triangular formation...

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
L
journeyman
journeyman
L
I very much appreciate a game being moddable, as some games I wouldn't have played more than once if not for them (I'm looking at you Skyrim/Fallout 4). Hopefully my enjoyment of BG3 won't be nearly so dependent on them, tho.

L
addict
addict
L
Hi

There are ways to do rerolls, but they need to be improved.
Ive added Elven Accuracy by doing a reroll if you roll 19 or less (and taking the higher).

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Tuco
I just started using mods today for the first time, out of boredom for the state of the vanilla game perpetually stuck at level 4, and I have to say that if this is the stuff people are already able to achieve in EA with very limited tools, it bodes fairly well for the future.

It's all gonna be dependent on them removing some hard-coded things and making them editable by modders as to how far the community can push the modding scene. Because currently for my area of interest at least I'm really restricted on what I can actually achieve.

Last edited by AlanaSP; 08/09/22 01:09 PM.
Still you make great mods.

I would not play the game anymore were it not for Pinnacle Bodies mod.

So thanks for that.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by daMichi
Still you make great mods.

I would not play the game anymore were it not for Pinnacle Bodies mod.

So thanks for that.

thanks for the kind words im just glad i could finally get these big beauties in game

O
OcO Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
O
Originally Posted by AlanaSP
Originally Posted by Tuco

It's all gonna be dependent on them removing some hard-coded things and making them editable by modders as to how far the community can push the modding scene. Because currently for my area of interest at least I'm really restricted on what I can actually achieve.

What types of things can you currently NOT do?

One of the reasons I bought the game was Larian saying before the EA they were thinking about modders while making the game and that release would have a toolset available for them. I'm hoping for as much flexibility here as possible for the widest range of potential mods. I appreciate the work you all do and I can't wait to see what you all put out once the game is live.

Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard