Print Thread
#796431 25/10/21 11:08 PM
M
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
SPOILER ALERT

Early in the game you get a wisdom check to see if gale will tell you more about his condition....

If you fail this, even after he's warmed to you and told you everything items that give you an option to give to him to consume will not. Especially if you've already found the item.

IE Amulet or Ring of Selune or whatever it is.

Point being, to unlock Gale mechanics that wisdom check needs to be passed, and that's dumb. Weighted dice gave me 4 less than 5 dice in a row, even with guidance. Love using inspiration for that.

Take Care, Have Fun and Bee Well!
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Montiness
SPOILER ALERT

Early in the game you get a wisdom check to see if gale will tell you more about his condition....

If you fail this, even after he's warmed to you and told you everything items that give you an option to give to him to consume will not. Especially if you've already found the item.

IE Amulet or Ring of Selune or whatever it is.

Point being, to unlock Gale mechanics that wisdom check needs to be passed, and that's dumb. Weighted dice gave me 4 less than 5 dice in a row, even with guidance. Love using inspiration for that.

I've read this five times and I can't figure out what you're saying.

Are you saying Gale's not consuming the items you're giving him... and he most especially won't take the item if you've already found the item? And the "point being" of Gale not taking the items is that the wisdom check is dumb? And something about 4 less than 5 dice, so 1 because 1 is 4 less than 5? You were given 1 die in a row by weighted dice thanks to guidance?

veteran
veteran
If the items aren't showing up in the dialogue with Gale, then that's definitely a bug - I'd recommend that you submit it to Larian's official bug report form, and attach a save file where the issue is occurring and easy to check/replicate.

You can find their official bug report form here: https://larian.com/support/baldur-s-gate-3?ver=4.1.1.1233832#modal

You don't need to do the wisdom roll with Gale at all - I never do, for example, but there may well be an issue with trying and failing it, potentially.

As for the issue with the dice.... there are a nubmer of threads that are quite old at this stage that illustrate the fairly poor quality of the RNG that Larian uses for their die rolling; it's got a visible sine-wave swing to it, if you plot it over many hundreds of rolls, in away that RNGs for other dice-based games do not. It's entirely possible that you ended up at the bottom of a bad downswing right at that moment, and so rolled 1-3 four or five times in a row. it happens in Larian's games more than any other D&D game you'll find. Rather than fix their RNg, Larian introduced Loaded Dice, to offset it. It mitigated the issue enough that few people complain about it any more, at least those who use loaded dice and don't mind being backhandedly called cheaters by the game... but underneath it, they didn't actually fix the problem.

veteran
veteran
I wonder if i should report that i was unable to feed Gale with Necromancy book after i read it ...
I mean the magic is still there isnt it? laugh

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
C
addict
addict
C
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzd
I wonder if i should report that i was unable to feed Gale with Necromancy book after i read it ...
I mean the magic is still there isnt it?

If I recall, the narrator specifically says that magic in the book has grown quiet, which suggests why it may not be tasty for him any more, but I've only ever finished reading it as a sorcerer, so maybe the narration is different with other classes.

veteran
veteran
For other classes, or if you for some unknown reason you decide to go for non-Sorcerer choices ...
The book simply "Refuses to open". laugh

Also i dont think we need to be able to feed Gale with that book ...
Honestly even option to offer it, and being told: "You read it didnt you? Well, until we find some way to open it again i cant reach its weave and its useless for me. Thanks for trying tho."
Would be totally perfect in my eyes. :3

What pisses me off is the fact that once you open the book, Gale starts acting as if you ate it yourself. laugh

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
Niara #796738 26/10/21 11:30 PM
M
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
Originally Posted by Niara
If the items aren't showing up in the dialogue with Gale, then that's definitely a bug - I'd recommend that you submit it to Larian's official bug report form, and attach a save file where the issue is occurring and easy to check/replicate.

You can find their official bug report form here: https://larian.com/support/baldur-s-gate-3?ver=4.1.1.1233832#modal

You don't need to do the wisdom roll with Gale at all - I never do, for example, but there may well be an issue with trying and failing it, potentially.

As for the issue with the dice.... there are a nubmer of threads that are quite old at this stage that illustrate the fairly poor quality of the RNG that Larian uses for their die rolling; it's got a visible sine-wave swing to it, if you plot it over many hundreds of rolls, in away that RNGs for other dice-based games do not. It's entirely possible that you ended up at the bottom of a bad downswing right at that moment, and so rolled 1-3 four or five times in a row. it happens in Larian's games more than any other D&D game you'll find. Rather than fix their RNg, Larian introduced Loaded Dice, to offset it. It mitigated the issue enough that few people complain about it any more, at least those who use loaded dice and don't mind being backhandedly called cheaters by the game... but underneath it, they didn't actually fix the problem.

Another small patch has gone through, and now it seems the dialogues fixed... problem solved, can ignore this post now.

Take Care, Have Fun and Bee Well!

Link Copied to Clipboard