Next Thread
Print Thread
N
napkin Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
N
Please. It would be nice to level your companions from 0. I dislike the Trickory domain. Also I would like to pick Gales Cantrips. I hope we get to level up our companions from scratch.

addict
addict
I've wished the same thing. Lae'zel would be fun as a dual wielder and Gale's mage hand does absolutely nothing.

However, there are story issues there. Shadowheart makes the most sense as trickery domain; Wyll only makes sense with a fiend patron. So, while I sympathize with your position, I really don't think it's going to happen.

Larian, please make accessibility a priority for upcoming patches.
veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
They still could lock things that are set in stone, and let us adjust the rest. O_o

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Flooter
I've wished the same thing. Lae'zel would be fun as a dual wielder and Gale's mage hand does absolutely nothing.

However, there are story issues there. Shadowheart makes the most sense as trickery domain; Wyll only makes sense with a fiend patron. So, while I sympathize with your position, I really don't think it's going to happen.

I agree with that. I'd rather the character's mechanics reflected their narrative rather than be fully customiseable.

There could be some room for customisation I guess. Wyll could fit as a Hexblade, but they're probably not getting implemented due to not being PHB. If we do limit ourselves to PHB content, the only cleric domains I could see fitting Shar would be Trickery and Knowledge.

Cantrips make a little more sense to be able to choose than subclasses to me. Not that I would ever not choose Mage Hand.

Optimistically Apocalyptic
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
They still could lock things that are set in stone, and let us adjust the rest. O_o

+1
It would be great.

Abilities, cantrips or spell choices and probably other things are not set in stone for story reasons.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 26/10/21 11:33 AM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
stranger
stranger
I feel like this would be good as well, if not at launch then at least as a patch down the road. Probably wouldn't be a good idea to change subclass though. While it would be great for customization/replayability, I feel that those who don't want this to be "Divinity Original Sin 3" would be disappointed.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RimeSword
I feel like this would be good as well, if not at launch then at least as a patch down the road. Probably wouldn't be a good idea to change subclass though. While it would be great for customization/replayability, I feel that those who don't want this to be "Divinity Original Sin 3" would be disappointed.

I don't want DoS3 but I'd really like to be able to change my companion's subclass if it does not conflict with their story.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 26/10/21 12:24 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
R
old hand
old hand
R
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
Originally Posted by RimeSword

I don't want DoS3 but I'd really like to be able to change my companion's subclass if it does not conflict with their story.

The problem is that both Wyll and Shadowheart are bound by their subclass.
In the case of Shadowheart, they would have to add a domain outside of phb which is not likely to happen.

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Originally Posted by Rhobar121
The problem is that both Wyll and Shadowheart are bound by their subclass.
In the case of Shadowheart, they would have to add a domain outside of phb which is not likely to happen.
Its problem only if you make it problem ...

I mean simply lock the option to change subclass on those specific companions, prefferably with some note that this particular companion have subclass tied to his story and therefore cant be changed ... and Voila! laugh

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 26/10/21 01:42 PM.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD

That does sound good, and there aren't that many things that are set in stone, now that I think about it.

Shadowheart's Diety is absolutely locked in, but she doesn't strictly need to be trickster domain. Wyll has to have a fiend patron, but we could pick his cantrips and his spells. Same goes for all spellcasters, really. Picking Lae'zel's fighting style would bring some welcome variety. Astarion has nothing to change aside from his proficiencies.

Is changing proficiencies going too far? After 200 hours of early access I'm voting no, but it could be because I crave variety after playing the same encounters in the same way over and over.

For it to make sense, storywise, it could be part of the tadpole's effects. No need for the awkward "I can fight like this, or like this, or like this" dialogue from DoS2.

Larian, please make accessibility a priority for upcoming patches.
veteran
veteran
Astarion has nothing to change aside from his proficiencies.

What about his haircut? Or his eye color? Or his face or makeup or tattoos?

Are people going to want to change the appearance of the origin characters?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by JandK

If that's possible, why not ?

There are not a lot of cinematics is the game yet (understand : video format). I'm not sure there's a lot of bug when chubblot is just changing Gale's haircut or beard.

But to me, it should be something to do before the game begins. It would not make any sense to meet a character and to respect what you can respect in game.

Somekind of "origin customisation interface" in the main menu or something. So you eventually don't have to do it every time.

Not easy in multiplayer I guess.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 26/10/21 05:05 PM.

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Originally Posted by JandK

Well ... Eye collor should stay red and his skin should stay pale, since he specificaly mentioned it both in conversation. :-/

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
most ridiculous suggestion ever.

Take Care, Have Fun and Bee Well!
enthusiast
enthusiast
Sure on Full Release when you can play as Origin Character or the Modders come. The only other Legit Domain you could pick for Shar is Death. Gale could be any Subclass though.

Last edited by JDCrenton; 26/10/21 10:54 PM.
M
apprentice
apprentice
M
you can change a spell each level up if you're not happy with them.

So what you're saying is you want to create a party of 4 instead of having followers....

Take Care, Have Fun and Bee Well!
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Montiness
you can change a spell each level up if you're not happy with them.

This is wrong.
You can't for cantrips and you can't if you're a wizard.

Create a party of 4 just because you choose abilities and a few spells ? Guess you're not thinking a lot when you're creating your characters.

Link Copied to Clipboard