Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#795853 23/10/21 09:12 PM
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
***Possible Spoilers***

Having fun with Patch 6 so far, except for the encounter with the Githyanki.

Before the last patch, the fight itself was already much harder (nigh impossible) than when Early Access started. But now, I can't even avoid it by having Lae'zel play along. I've tried everything. She's covered with Bless, Guidance, and Eagle's Splendor and she STILL can't lie her way out of a paper bag. I've reloaded so many times now I can quote the cutscenes in my sleep.

This part is not fun.

Artist, Writer, Poet, Crank
Art, poetry, and prose of a grim and unserious nature.
https://www.lrjonte.com/
veteran
veteran
Take their heads to Vlaakith!

veteran
veteran
I had no problem to avoid combat with my sorcerer and I found the battle really easier now than before. Maybe I was lucky.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I did it before the patch easily enough. Now though, not so much.

old hand
old hand
I got there yesterday, she didn't have any problem lying in her way out of that fight for me. Maybe you're just having bad luck with her roll?

Optimistically Apocalyptic
It's all RNG. I tried in one session and Lae just couldn't lie 4 times in a row. The next play session after I had completed the Goblin Camp and she passed it first try. Both instances I cast Guidance on her.

It's based on how RNGesus is feeling for that day.

apprentice
apprentice
The RNGods can be fickle. Just yesterday I was testing for a new Patch 6 bug that occurs in a conversation with two tiefling children. There's a DC 15 active roll for Sleight of Hand and two very difficult passive Perception rolls. I have no SoH proficiency or Dexterity bonus, but have a +3 to Perception from wisdom. Using Guidance cantrip and with Weighted Dice enabled, out of 34 attempts, I passed the first Perception check only 8 times, the second Perception a dismal 2 times, and the SoH check every. Single. Time. I have come to the conclusion that RNGesus is basically Loki in disguise, screwing with me just for the fun of it.

Once more I am falsely accused of whatever it is that I am accused of. Falsely.
Dexai #796376 25/10/21 06:28 PM
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I'm beginning to think that's the case, yes.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
cast guidance on her and don't recast it on yourself for the persuasion check.
This fight is so unbalanced though, they say they're level 4, but they have at least level 6 hit dice and level 5 abilities.
another option is to remove the check from her.

One thing I've noticed with these passive checks, unless you do something to modify dice (like do a check yourself) reloading saves for some reason seems to be locked in to the exact same result, For example, perception checks for the goblin cache you have marked on your map. 10 reloads results in 4x failures. Cast guidance on self, self fails but 2 other party members ( the last 2) now have different results.

It seems passive checks are loaded into memory rolls that are called as needed and you need to push those numbers along to get another result

edit - Weighted dice could also just automatically make passive checks succeed.... it doesn't appear to have any effect on passive checks at all.

Last edited by Montiness; 25/10/21 11:41 PM. Reason: additional

Take Care, Have Fun and Bee Well!
apprentice
apprentice
I think they should remove the option when the Kith'rak Voss recognizes her lying. There is no way for him to know that for sure.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
He does have detect thoughts....

Take Care, Have Fun and Bee Well!
P
stranger
stranger
P
I think the problem comes to it being "La'zel lies, or you all die" or least that's how it is for me. I'm not the best at the strategy stuff. I'd be fine with her failing the check if it led to something other than them killing me.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
THIS

If there were still any possibility I could win that fight anymore, it wouldn't be so bad. But since they juiced all the Githyanki in that one patch, I've only managed a single win. And that was just because the game glitched and none of the enemy did anything except plot their next move, then stand there while I hit them.

Link Copied to Clipboard