Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Redwyrm Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Normally i would vote for more hardcore approach. Especially when it comes to roleplay.
However when it comes to writing, it's all comes down to specific writer point of view. And i can't even remember how many times in games i encounter situation when writer probably thought that most players will judge same as he/she. But in reality players was entirely confused, picked "wrong" dialogs, and went with choices they was not satisfied at all.

So it would be very nice to give small hints on dialog choice, on how every character in party will react to that.
Largely a metagaming yes. But it still would be nice to know for sure, rather than guessing (and again often guessing wrong). Plus for myself i know i still would pick from time to time options that possibly would "piss" my favorite characters.

veteran
veteran
I miss word "optional" or "toggable" in this suggestion ...
But if you would add it, i see no problem. :P

Since personaly i rather play my character and see how will things go (yup, it ended few times with Tav sleeping alone on Tieflings party laugh ) ...
Instead of playing perfect Waifu for my choosen companion without own personality. :-/

And that is easier when game dont throw in your face "warning you will piss off *XY* with this choice" laugh

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 27/10/21 12:58 PM.

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
Redwyrm Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Since personaly i rather play my character and see how will things go (yup, it ended few times with Tav sleeping alone on Tieflings party laugh ) ...
Instead of playing perfect Waifu for my choosen companion without own personality. :-/

And that is easier when game dont throw in your face "warning you will piss off *XY* with this choice" laugh
Like i said. I doesn't look for perfect waifu. But what writer thinks, and what players will think by no way bound to be the same.

Although since you mentioned romance...

Last edited by Redwyrm; 27/10/21 01:52 PM.
M
apprentice
apprentice
M
not needed, companion personality if pretty cut and clear so you should be able to tell what actions they'll like and which ones they wont.

Take Care, Have Fun and Bee Well!
C
addict
addict
C
Originally Posted by Montiness
not needed, companion personality if pretty cut and clear so you should be able to tell what actions they'll like and which ones they wont.

+1 this. All the hints one needs come from the existing interactions. But as a togglable feature? No reason not to if it's something people want.

Redwyrm Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Well, If hints are just obvious for some ppl ( i guess luckily very likeminded with writer) - then you can just ignore them. After all you DO know how companions react.
But i doubt anyone will appreciate pure lottery with their standing towards you.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Redwyrm
Well, If hints are just obvious for some ppl ( i guess luckily very likeminded with writer) - then you can just ignore them. After all you DO know how companions react.
But i doubt anyone will appreciate pure lottery with their standing towards you.
Should we understand that you for some reason mind if that option would be just ... well, optional? laugh

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
Optional is always good, but if it's either/or, better to have this stuff. Bioware games proved it times and again.

addict
addict
I see having an option in settings to let you know if a choice is good or bad but I think based on the writing and the dialogue choices, it's pretty obvious what is good or bad. As for what choice a companion will approve or disprove depends on their alignment. Are they good or evil? For example, Gale and Wyll are aligned on the good side, so you tend to make good choices if you care about their approval. Lae'zel's alignment is evil so if you make choices that seem mean or evil, she will most likely approve. As for Astarion and Shadowheart, they tend to be neutral a lot.

Link Copied to Clipboard