Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
apprentice
apprentice
B
Wow, such a great discussion!

And Shadowheart has the top, for good reasons that all have been covered. ! can kinda see where the end goal is for each of the NPCs and all I can say is look out! When the other shoe drops about her past and how your character's influence over her completing her mission for Shar that she was programmed for, buckle up! It's gonna get really good.

Wyll is the classic redemption story that your PC gets to help on the backside thereof. You do realize that when we catch up to his patron, more than likely at the Towers, she will be the boss fight of Act 1. And how he is such a "playa" when you have Shadowheart and Lae'zel in the party at the same time, loads of fun.

Lae'zel Is, currently, the only beat stick we have, but I do agree, her story is pretty amazing! Looking forward to fighting a Dragon Rider in Act 2. And her banter with Shadowheart is enjoyable.

Gale was an auto include most of the time, especially when deliberately playing an evil party, you need his ability to learn clerical spells. Now a days, I don't even activate his intro and leave that way point undiscovered. The fact that he doesn't even have a tadpole, but seems to know everything about them, how he already understands how a devil thinks, his willingness to read the Thayan tomb, I'm pretty sure I know who he really is. We'll see if I'm right when the curtain lifts in Act 3.

Astarion is an absolute waste. I whiny wantabe vampire, seriously getting some bad flashbacks to Twilight. The only rare occasion I take him is when I don't take Shadowheart, who has the Urchin background and I don't create a rogue/take a background with sleight of hand. Personally, I betray him to the Hunter to help get on Lae'zel's good side. Oh, and we get to fight a vampire lord in BG when we get there with him in the party. No thanks.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Barverak
Wow, such a great discussion!

And Shadowheart has the top, for good reasons that all have been covered. ! can kinda see where the end goal is for each of the NPCs and all I can say is look out! When the other shoe drops about her past and how your character's influence over her completing her mission for Shar that she was programmed for, buckle up! It's gonna get really good.

Wyll is the classic redemption story that your PC gets to help on the backside thereof. You do realize that when we catch up to his patron, more than likely at the Towers, she will be the boss fight of Act 1. And how he is such a "playa" when you have Shadowheart and Lae'zel in the party at the same time, loads of fun.

Lae'zel Is, currently, the only beat stick we have, but I do agree, her story is pretty amazing! Looking forward to fighting a Dragon Rider in Act 2. And her banter with Shadowheart is enjoyable.

Gale was an auto include most of the time, especially when deliberately playing an evil party, you need his ability to learn clerical spells. Now a days, I don't even activate his intro and leave that way point undiscovered. The fact that he doesn't even have a tadpole, but seems to know everything about them, how he already understands how a devil thinks, his willingness to read the Thayan tomb, I'm pretty sure I know who he really is. We'll see if I'm right when the curtain lifts in Act 3.

Astarion is an absolute waste. I whiny wantabe vampire, seriously getting some bad flashbacks to Twilight. The only rare occasion I take him is when I don't take Shadowheart, who has the Urchin background and I don't create a rogue/take a background with sleight of hand. Personally, I betray him to the Hunter to help get on Lae'zel's good side. Oh, and we get to fight a vampire lord in BG when we get there with him in the party. No thanks.
What makes you think, that Gale doesn't have a tadpole? There is nothing in the game confirming that.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by fylimar
What makes you think, that Gale doesn't have a tadpole? There is nothing in the game confirming that.

I second this question. I think it's more than likely that Gale does have a tadpole.

I get that he's the only one who doesn't respond by immediately connecting with Tav, like Shadowheart, Laezel, Astarion, and Wyll do.

But there are moments when Tav can push into Gale's head, so I think the lack of immediate connection is more of an oversight in the introduction scene. Largely because it played out better with Gale acting as he does when he comes through the portal.

Gale also has a tadpole power that he picks up at the same time as the other characters.

Still, who knows? It would be interesting if he didn't have a tadpole, if Larian managed to sneak something like that past everyone in early access.

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Originally Posted by JandK
But there are moments when Tav can push into Gale's head, so I think the lack of immediate connection is more of an oversight in the introduction scene.
Really? I allways tought its intentional expression of his (as he said) "very disciplined mind" ...
After all, it seems to me that using tadpole probing his head specificaly is at least slightly harder compared to other companions (never checked dificiulties really tho, it simply seems like that since i failed much more often with him, compared to others).

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
addict
addict
Since I mostly play dps mage type characters, for me, I personally like Shadowheart as she is very nice to you from the beginning and opens up to you later on when something happens to your character (don't want to spoil it for anyone that hasn't run into that). Aside from her personality, she is very useful in keeping yourself and your other companions alive. She's mostly my healer in the group. My second favorite and the one I usually romance is Astarion, I know he gets a lot of heat from some players because they don't like his personality (although I have run across other players that totally love him, he's an acquired taste, love him or hate him) but I can understand why he is the way he is. It's in his background story, he's a spoiled , high elf noble who happens to also be a vampire. He's very seductive. I keep him because it's always useful to have a rogue and his vampire bite ability is 100% effective on enemies. Lae'zel is a warrior so she's also good to have in my party, since she is the strength of the group and can take the most damage. As for Gale and Wyll, I only use them depending on the mission and if its a personal mission. They are my least, as in my experience they get hurt the most.

A
addict
addict
A
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Originally Posted by JandK
But there are moments when Tav can push into Gale's head, so I think the lack of immediate connection is more of an oversight in the introduction scene.
Really? I allways tought its intentional expression of his (as he said) "very disciplined mind" ...
After all, it seems to me that using tadpole probing his head specificaly is at least slightly harder compared to other companions (never checked dificiulties really tho, it simply seems like that since i failed much more often with him, compared to others).
That is my interpretation as well, that Gale has some experience / training in resisting mental intrusions. You still can get into his mind, it just takes more effort.

veteran
veteran
Can you read the mind of anyone else who doesn't have a tadpole?

C
addict
addict
C
Gail clearly has a tadpole, no question. When he talks about them, 100% of the time it's "we", not "you". He only uses "you" in cases where "you" could be replaced with "one" (eg "then one's organs start to reposition themselves...")

Originally Posted by Barverak

It's pretty clear that Gale has a tadpole: powers, dreams, your initial meeting with him where he speaks of "our problem" etc.
Not sure why you believe he doesn't have one.

T
apprentice
apprentice
T
The male characters are cool in this game, but I prefer to have female characters and an all-female party. I don't particularly care for Laezel or Shadowheart, though frown

The one thing I did appreciate in the garbage that was Wrath of the Righteous was that you could have a full party of females. I wish Larian would make the same possible frown

J
stranger
stranger
J
I like all the characters but my favorite is definitely Lae'zel. She is badass and straightforward. 'Nuff said!

Gale and Shadowheart. Gale gets lots of points for being so chill when I ask him to stay behind--sort of like Imoen. smile

stranger
stranger
Shadowheart, because no one else is allowed to use healing spells that I've seen. Am I missing something? Can any other class use healing spells besides clerics? I feel like I'm forced to have her in my party every single time just because of her class.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by VioletGrey
Shadowheart, because no one else is allowed to use healing spells that I've seen. Am I missing something? Can any other class use healing spells besides clerics? I feel like I'm forced to have her in my party every single time just because of her class.
Gale can learn healing spells from scrolls ( wizards are currently overpowered that way, they can learn every spell). If you play a druid or ranger, you have access to healing spells too.

Last edited by fylimar; 03/11/21 01:53 PM. Reason: Typo

Doctor Who
D
D
Us.

enthusiast
enthusiast
All of them honestly. I wish the game didn't force me to choose only 3 to follow me frown

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Eddiar
All of them honestly. I wish the game didn't force me to choose only 3 to follow me frown

I'm currently using the save game edit to let you use all five... laugh

Optimistically Apocalyptic
addict
addict
Originally Posted by fylimar
Originally Posted by VioletGrey
Gale can learn healing spells from scrolls ( wizards are currently overpowered that way, they can learn every spell). If you play a druid or ranger, you have access to healing spells too.

I really hope there's some kind of lore reason for that, or they change it.

Wizards should not be able to learn divine spells from scrolls.

As for my favorites.... I don't have one. I find them all to be annoying in some way or another. Be it their class(wyll) or personality(everyone else).

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Imora DalSyn
I really hope there's some kind of lore reason for that, or they change it.

Wizards should not be able to learn divine spells from scrolls.

That is true. Maybe it's a bug? I can't imagine, that this is on purpose.

Doctor Who
enthusiast
enthusiast
The dog as you can play fetch. Other than that Astarion has a pretty macabre personallity and gives you the thumbs up everytime you do something diabolical. Lae'zel is linear and annoying, shadowheart is better since the patch and Gale is pretty fun.

On a side note the voice acting across the entire game is top notch. Just compare it to AAA gems like Woke Effect Andromeda and my face gets tired.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard