Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Having just finished my first playthrough and literally exploring every inch of the area including the Underdark, given that Patch 6 will mean old save files will not be compatable, should I start another playthrough or wait for patch 6 to land?

Is patch 6 likely to land on Stadia during my 2nd playthrough?

veteran
veteran
I don't think any of us know. All Larian has said so far is that it will be "soon." That said, it's been two weeks since the Patch dropped, so?

enthusiast
enthusiast
It's like the "leave me alone, this is an excuse to make you shut up" version of soon, however, not the version of soon that refers to a generally recognised short but undefined period of time that is by definitions shorter than two weeks (for which it is better to use the expression 'two weeks minimally from here')

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I'm hearing that there are 25 hours of content in EA, but I managed to do it in 15, though I am sure I managed to find do everything, I spent ages looking for the ending of EA and litrally went around everywhere making sure I'd found all the battles/story quests that could be completed. What are the chances I've missed something? is it worth loading an older save and trying to find more while I wait for Patch 6?

I've totally been engaged in this game and I kind feel like something is missing by not playing it smile

Last edited by EquinoxAlpha; 28/10/21 01:01 PM.
C
addict
addict
C
Originally Posted by EquinoxAlpha
I'm hearing that there are 25 hours of content in EA, but I managed to do it in 15, though I am sure I managed to find do everything, I spent ages looking for the ending of EA and litrally went around everywhere making sure I'd found all the battles/story quests that could be completed. What are the chances I've missed something? is it worth loading an older save and trying to find more while I wait for Patch 6?

I've totally been engaged in this game and I kind feel like something is missing by not playing it smile

There's no harm in starting another playthrough with the knowledge you might not have finished it when patch 6 becomes available for you. If I'm reading you right, you've only done a single playthrough, which means there's unseen content in the form of siding with a different faction.

You've got loads of options...

Grove v Gobbos
Gobbos v Grove

multiply that by who you side with in Druids v Tieflings, and while it's not 10 hours of stuff you haven't seen, much of it will be new, and you can do it with different party composition, with a very different PC to see different dialog options.

There's no law that says you have to start, play all the way through, and get to the end. I'm at something like 230 hours, and I've only got to the end of EA three, maybe four times, because I just want to try out different things, and I'm not bored yet.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
They updated to patch 6 so now I can't load me old characters anyway. Sadly it's unplayable outside of turn based so guess I'm out of luck until they fix it.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard