Aslaug Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Hey!
I can't get to choose which stat the hair will boost and always get strength

I found this reddit about it:
https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGate3/comments/qazvfb/auntie_ethel_hair_only_gives_strength/

I never got the quest box, any info?

thx

Aslaug #796164 25/10/21 01:45 AM
A
Aslaug Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Ok after futher testing I found out that you get the quest box choice + the strength one by threatening to cut her head and then lose your intimidation roll.
Go figure

Last edited by Aslaug; 25/10/21 04:00 AM.
Aslaug #796175 25/10/21 03:13 AM
Yup I got a Charisma one and a Str one.

Aslaug #796910 27/10/21 02:18 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
You can just let her leave with Mayrina and you get also to choose which hair you want + extra STR hair.
Probably a buggy situation. Since i dont think you really can dicipher which hair has which ability boost for real and then also getting an extra STR.
Somethings broken in this.
Thats really too much Power.
Having two of those scalps for use as you wish on characters you like.

I chose Wisdom for my druid which had 15 Wis and at LEv4 took another Weaponsmaster Feat with +1 Dex to get 18 DEX on my Druid, then gave STR Hair to Laezel.

Next playthrough i will create a STR based Class going for double STR and prepping the character creation for it accordingly.
Too bad we cant go over 20, can we?

Last edited by TheHero; 27/10/21 02:20 PM.
Aslaug #796912 27/10/21 02:23 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Aslaug
Ok after futher testing I found out that you get the quest box choice + the strength one by threatening to cut her head and then lose your intimidation roll.
Go figure

Did it like that and game gets bugged out.
Ofc, both hairs are available, but Mayrina vanishes even then when talk about deal with hag is over. Also Hag Ethel vanishes along with Mayrina.
On top of that the Questlog and the Save Mayrina Ques is also completly deleted from log. not hidden, plainly deleted.
Either its not a finished Questline having this solution and Larian didnt wrote another ending and made cutscene and anything onward from that leading to Baldurs Gate and Ethels Sister Hag M.
or
it is really a bugged out Quest then.

PS:
you forgot to mention that after losing intimidation check you need to choose Power over Mayrina to get the selection screen. Then saying goodbye to Ethel in aany of the 3 dialog choices. This leading at least some of your companions to DISSAPROVE your Action.

So why lose the Intimidation check anyway. Just let Ethel go with Mayrina by only chosing POWER option.
You will get both Hairs in any way bec. it seems its a bug in patch 6 that you allway get both hairs by doing so.

PPS:
My assumption of Release Version of this quest line is that in any way this Qeust leads to something up in Baldurs Gate.
Either you get the +1 Ability early here and have to conclude the problem with Mayrina in Baldurs Gate later somehow learning she went into city with a UNDEAD and something terrible happens because yyou let her go back with her dead husband (provided you chose the right Dialog options and revived him with Wand and gave it to Mayrina)
The other End would be that MAyrina is giving Birth in Baldurs Gate and Hag Sisters will be met later to have a questpart to find a solution to either support the hags again or something else. Both ways somehow netting you an +1 ability score later in game. Maybe even a spell for fully reviving Mayrinas Husband too.

Last edited by TheHero; 27/10/21 03:49 PM.
TheHero #796965 27/10/21 04:55 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by TheHero
Somethings broken in this.
Yup ...
Game gives you item it should not ... and dont show pick reward window when it should ...

That should not be too hard to fix. smile

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
TheHero #796997 27/10/21 06:39 PM

You can
get to 23 with 20 base and everyone wearing a merregons mask, 24 with a Hill Giant Strength

I wonder if
a mage wearing one cast mirror image...

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by BraveSirRobin

You can
get to 23 with 20 base and everyone wearing a merregons mask, 24 with a Hill Giant Strength

I wonder if
a mage wearing one cast mirror image...
I might try the mirror image cast with Gale in my party, when i reached one of those merregon masks.

Aslaug #797346 28/10/21 08:14 PM
R
stranger
stranger
R
Tried on many characters, and dialog options since HOTFIX 16# and never get the chance to choose I simply get a strength placed in my inventory. It worked fine for me prior to the HOTFIX on the 21st. I had hoped today's had fixed it, but not for me.

Last edited by Ricin; 28/10/21 08:15 PM.
Ricin #797436 29/10/21 08:31 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Ricin
Tried on many characters, and dialog options since HOTFIX 16# and never get the chance to choose I simply get a strength placed in my inventory. It worked fine for me prior to the HOTFIX on the 21st. I had hoped today's had fixed it, but not for me.
The way you definitly get to chose is to straight go into dialog option of wanting Power and letting have the Hag Mayrina. Most all else options lead to Hag ripping hair of dropping it on ground since patch#5 and then either vanishes or Battle concludes.No choice available, you get straight +1 Hair or sometimes buggy when battle concludes you dont get anything and have to kill Hag. Might be that then that +1STR Hair is on dead body with her other loot.
When you did chose, you will get the one you have chosen and extra the +1STR in Patch#6. That you get both is very likely a bug.

Last edited by TheHero; 29/10/21 08:59 AM.
TheHero #797558 29/10/21 08:48 PM
R
stranger
stranger
R
Originally Posted by Ricin
The way you definitly get to chose is to straight go into dialog option of wanting Power and letting have the Hag Mayrina. Most all else options lead to Hag ripping hair of dropping it on ground since patch#5 and then either vanishes or Battle concludes.No choice available, you get straight +1 Hair or sometimes buggy when battle concludes you dont get anything and have to kill Hag. Might be that then that +1STR Hair is on dead body with her other loot.
When you did chose, you will get the one you have chosen and extra the +1STR in Patch#6. That you get both is very likely a bug.

It worked fine for me prior to the hotfix 16#. Now not even allowing her to take Mayrina outright gives me the option. All options lead to +1 Strength and nothing more.

Link Copied to Clipboard