Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#797058 28/10/21 04:04 AM
GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I'm doing the Underdark, and killed the Bullette. Rewards for killing something so freaking hard were not good. The armor is weaker than what I have. It's frankly very disappointing.

We need lots better rewards in this game; a slow progression getting better and better.

GM4Him #797066 28/10/21 04:51 AM
veteran
veteran
Itemization is not really good...

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
GM4Him #797071 28/10/21 05:01 AM
GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
The items are terrible right now. I hardly find anything good. I feel almost as of they've gotten worse.

Zalk's sword reigns. If you get that, you need no other weapon for Lae'zel or your MC fighter. All the best armor and weapons are sold at Dammon's shop. You might pick up a few things here and there, but hardly anything fun.

GM4Him #797077 28/10/21 05:33 AM
veteran
veteran
I can't be sure, but I feel like the armor situation is so bad right now because Larian wants things to feel fresh when they do the full release.

Where they're trying to give just enough to showcase the game, but not so much as to give away all the surprises.

But wow, I hope some new armor comes. And cloaks and belts, and just more all around.

GM4Him #797114 28/10/21 09:28 AM
veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
I wonder what do you have since you claim its better. O_o
Then i wonder how is that better ...
And then, finaly i wonder how you want to improve that reward to be better. O_o

My gues is that you are once again comparing it to Githyanki Half plate ...
One of strongest armor in game so far ... and that you are once again only comparing AC. :-/
But feel free to corect me im wrong.

I mean this armor as it is, is clearly not the best reward for tank, who is standing in front line ... we can certainly agree on that.
But what armor is better of supporting cleric? O_o
I mean, Disengage FOR ANYONE YOU HEAL (meaning for all friendly targets around you, if you are Life cleric) without any cost? Ability to run across battlefield freely and keep your action to attack anyone you can? Hells, that is some serious bonus in my opinion. O_o

------------------

I could complain exactly the same about that this game dont provide enough interesting loot for my Warlock ...
Since there is litteraly none Armor, or Weapon that would be anyhow especialy usefull for Warlock. :-/

Certainly not as usefull as this armor is for Support Cleric. O_o

And you call that bad reward? O_o

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 28/10/21 09:30 AM.

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
GM4Him #797118 28/10/21 09:36 AM
old hand
old hand
I feel Zalk's sword doesn't really count, it's not supposed to be part of an "ordinary" item curve. It's a hidden reward you get for making the effort to kill Z despite the game and the power discrepancy telling you not to try, more like an Easter egg than anything else.

It's also not the best weapon, Tyrsword for example is a better choice for a two-handed fighter.

Optimistically Apocalyptic
Dexai #797128 28/10/21 10:03 AM
GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Dexai
I feel Zalk's sword doesn't really count, it's not supposed to be part of an "ordinary" item curve. It's a hidden reward you get for making the effort to kill Z despite the game and the power discrepancy telling you not to try, more like an Easter egg than anything else.

It's also not the best weapon, Tyr's sword for example is a better choice for a two-handed fighter.

Ok. I'll agree to that except Tyr's sword. Unless they increased it's power, I didn't think it dealt more damage. I like it, mind you, and my Cleric of Tye usually wields it at level 4, but I thought it didn't do as much.

GM4Him #797167 28/10/21 11:41 AM
B
apprentice
apprentice
B
It all comes down to personal flavor.

I agree that that is some of the best armor I have ever seen for a healer, PC or supporting character. Because of guiding bolt, whether you use Shadowheart or make your own, your healer will have a decent dex bonus. You put that armor on your healer and load them with the extra healing potions, now that Larian has fixed the throwing of sacked items, and you can throw potions on your people at range, allowing them to disengage. This is huge in a game where they take opportunity attacks seriously.

Personally, once I equip Lae'zel with Everburn, the only time I change her weapons is when I need to break through walls or when I'm mining. Yes, the extra +1 to hit is nice, and the option of the shield spell is okay, but I find most encounters go too fast to use the spell and the party gets to 4 so fast that the +1 is of nominal use at best. But that is just how I play through. Everyone is gonna play it a little differently.

JandK #797175 28/10/21 12:00 PM
C
addict
addict
C
Originally Posted by JandK
And cloaks and belts, and just more all around.

And hats! The lack of hats is palpable

GM4Him #797209 28/10/21 01:20 PM
old hand
old hand
The reason I think Tyr's Sword is better is that it increases the area where two-handers are missing out (AC, vs shield-users, basically giving them the effect of a shield without having to give up the damage) while using up a resource Fighters generally don't use at all (Concentration), making your character more well-rounded. Add to that that since Concentration is kept based on two things: Whether or not you get hit, which the AC bonus makes less likely to happen; and if you get hit the Concentration checks based on Con, which a Fighter will generally have a lot of. Oh, and it uses a bonus actions which Fighters do not generally make heavy use of, and is available on a by-battle basis, so there's really no reason not to slap it on at the start of every combat unless you need the bonus action to jump into reach of the enemy or something.

Everburn on the other hand just adds 1d4 fire. The sword is essentially no different from any dipped greatsword, except for the part where it's unquenchingly dipped.

Sorry for lingering on this, I just wanted to justify myself wink

Dexai #797225 28/10/21 01:52 PM
C
addict
addict
C
Everburn on the other hand just adds 1d4 fire. The sword is essentially no different from any dipped greatsword, except for the part where it's unquenchingly dipped.

By Tyr's Sword, that's the Sword of Justice, right? Maybe I'm having tunnel vision about this, but for me one of the biggest appeals of Everburn is it makes feeding the Sword of Justice to Gail a way easier decision. And that 1d4 fire damage is non-trivial. It's like my credit card bill smile all those little values add up quickly

GM4Him #797226 28/10/21 01:54 PM
veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Sword of Justice also gives you +1 ...
So once you dip it, you get all benefits you listed and also hit harder. laugh

//Edit:
Originally Posted by colinl8
And that 1d4 fire damage is non-trivial.
Its not ... but all you need is 1 Bonus action to replicate it. laugh (Dip)

Also with that Sword you have only Fire damage ... so once you fight against Tieflings you have that /2 ... once you fight Magma Elemental you have that negated. smile
Sword of Justice can be also diped in fire (especialy if you have Candle with you laugh ) ... but you can also dip that in poison, if your enemy is resistant. wink

In my humble opinion, lot better. laugh
But quite honestly, Sussur Sword i find even better ... even tho i usualy make that Dagger for my Rogue. :3

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 28/10/21 01:59 PM.

colinl8 #797248 28/10/21 02:23 PM
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by colinl8

By Tyr's Sword, that's the Sword of Justice, right? Maybe I'm having tunnel vision about this, but for me one of the biggest appeals of Everburn is it makes feeding the Sword of Justice to Gail a way easier decision. And that 1d4 fire damage is non-trivial. It's like my credit card bill smile all those little values add up quickly

Yeah, that's the one.

Although, to be honest: the main reason my Gith Sorcerer put away the Everburn was that the animations spazz out

GM4Him #797416 29/10/21 05:23 AM
GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Ugh! So disappointed. Sword in the stone. I expected something cool from a drow blade in the Underdark.

Snore. Longsword + 1. They made such a big deal out of it for nothing.

GM4Him #797432 29/10/21 08:06 AM
veteran
veteran
Problem is that a longsword +1 should not be nothing.
It is because a lot of items are really powerfull.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
GM4Him #797443 29/10/21 09:22 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by GM4Him
The items are terrible right now. I hardly find anything good. I feel almost as of they've gotten worse.

Zalk's sword reigns. If you get that, you need no other weapon for Lae'zel or your MC fighter. All the best armor and weapons are sold at Dammon's shop. You might pick up a few things here and there, but hardly anything fun.

Agreed,

but i cannot believe this is final. All the rare weapons and that legendary ice staff you can build are...well...crap. That staff was what mostly disappointed me. i thought i finally get a good staff for my mage (never got mystras btw. need to get it sometime) and then i see a legendary weapon with no weapon enchantment and

that cold thing that adds ONE point damage for each round lasting ONE round. Or tell me i misunderstood something...

Nearly every promising weapon has a drawback and apart from the gnoll flail are max +1 if at all.

So i just think its not finished.

GM4Him #797479 29/10/21 12:53 PM
GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I know. I know. It's EA. The point is that I want them to know that at present it is lame and disappointing. I want them to focus more on making items more fun. That's all.

GM4Him #797481 29/10/21 01:05 PM
apprentice
apprentice
There are people who solo the bosses, even Grym with level 4 character (obviously, because this is the max level atm). In the full game there you could be probably 8-9-10. There is no point to add more items which would make the game even more imbalanced. After all finding a good magical item SHOULD be hard and this is what makes it interesting at least from my point of view. Good items already have enormous impact upon the game and I think keeping them in low numbers is a good idea. And this is the trick - having to balance the low number of fine items between the characters so you can take the most of them in battle.

GM4Him #797490 29/10/21 01:28 PM
GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
If you make a big deal out of an item, it should be at least better than what you have currently in some way. Even if I have a flaming sword that is cool, and they now give me an ice sword that is just as cool, that is at least something.

I shouldn't go through some elaborate cutscene and things, "Oh yeah, this is gonna be good" only to get a sword +1 with no additional powers to go with it.

Here's what I'm talking about. In BG2, I had the Flail of Ages equipped on Minsc. However, I had an ice axe in his inventory and a shield + 3 or something and Sarevok's Greatsword and a Warhammer, can't even remember everything. Why? Because they were all relatively equal in value, but each did something different. One was effective against golems and the like. One was effective against something else, etc. Each had unique, clever abilities that made them special and made me want to keep them.

There is some of that in BG3. I'm just saying, there needs to be more of it as opposed to, "What is this? This is not special. Sell."

D3loFF #797495 29/10/21 02:11 PM
veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
Problem is that a longsword +1 should not be nothing.
It is because a lot of items are really powerfull.
This idea i like a lot more ...
Basicaly dont buff up other artefacts ... just flatten their inpact so even others feels good to find. ^_^
Purrfect!

Originally Posted by D3loFF
In the full game there you could be probably 8-9-10.
In Grymforge? laugh Hardly ...
I mean in previous PFH Swen litteraly said to us that "if we keep asking, maybe they will include level 5 to Act 1" ... hear that difference, not Early Acess, ACT 1!
Wich would mean that they can potentialy plan to keep level caps for each Act, so they can easily expect our power in certain encounters and adjust them for that.

ON THE OTHER HAND ... just to be clear.
I understand it might be just poor wording, and i agree with lot of people who are thinking that would be most horrible idea they could potentialy have ... but its still possible. :P

But still 8 - 9 -10 is really overrated, since 10 was original level cap for whole game and Swen told us that it will be "slightly incerased somewhere abowe 10" ... i really doubt they mean by that it would be doubled. laugh
So i dare to say that if we will be really lucky, we could potentialy squeeze level 6 out of WHOLE Act-1 (Moonrise included) in full release, but i doubt they allow us to get much higher.

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 29/10/21 02:12 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard