Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
addict
OP Offline
addict
I have encountered this issue three times now where one of your companions somehow unlinked from the group and you have to link them back again. The first time was with Shadowheart not jumping down from the cliff where you get the spider pouch. The second time was with Astarion after you fight the harpies at the beach. When I went back into the Druid Grove, he wasn't following and found him standing on the beach. Just the same with Shadowheart, he was unchained from the group. The third time was once again with Shadowheart when I was fighting the knoll hoard in the cave near The Risen Road. I notice in the middle of battle that she was not in the group but standing at the entrance of the cave, having somehow been unlinked.

addict
addict
Have seen this as well but also experienced one which was much worse. In one playthrough after patch 6 Lae'Zel unlinked herself outside the grove between the battle and first cut scene with Zevlor. Afterwards even though I could link her portrait she would not follow the group (even when linked). Curiously the group would follow her If I put her in the lead. Tried all manner of solutions but nothing seemed to work. Was such a pain in the butt I abandoned the playthrough.

veteran
veteran
Yes. Unfortunately it doesn’t take much to confuse and loose our poor companions. I found them refuse to follow even is simplest of situations (like moving over beams in gobbling hideout). They also love climbing ladders back and forth if they are near one - climbing seems to be one action, so they can’t turn back halfway through if they start climbing one. If you go too far, pathfinding wont work and companion will stay there. Jumping is just a mess.

In case you don’t know about it, you can set up keyboard shortcut for linking-unlinking all companions. It comes handy when you have to babysit and lead character one by one.

addict
OP Offline
addict
Thanks for the keyboard shortcut suggestion. I have noticed the ladder situation, I'll be looking at my screen like "What are they doing?"...lol.

addict
addict
I have had times that they decided to jump taking damage instead of the ladders. Seems to happen when the bunch up and more than one tries to climb down at the exact same time…

Link Copied to Clipboard