Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Still 4th?

Because I have played quite a bit. I have owned this for a year and I cannot play my class or classes. I cannot level up the ones I enjoy kinda.

Bored now. Also, I am getting tired of my gamings friends giving me crap about convincing them to purchase this.
I still do not regret it mostly, but damn keeping them interested and promoting this game is getting harder.....

veteran
veteran
Max level is still level 4. Newest addition is sourcerer class and new area to explore.

veteran
veteran
I can allready see those people in Larian reading this and thinking:
Oh shit HE is bored? Lets release all those missing classes, races, spells, levels and zones we have stored here and prepared, yet keep for oureself for no reason, right tomorow!

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 01/11/21 04:32 PM.

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Deikon_AL
Still 4th?

Because I have played quite a bit. I have owned this for a year and I cannot play my class or classes. I cannot level up the ones I enjoy kinda.

Bored now. Also, I am getting tired of my gamings friends giving me crap about convincing them to purchase this.
I still do not regret it mostly, but damn keeping them interested and promoting this game is getting harder.....

Well, the game is still in early access, it hasn't been fully released yet, but they did add a new location called Grymforge which happens after the boat scene. Also in rpg games that have choices and those choices affect the game, you can play different playthroughs to see different outcomes.

Originally Posted by Deikon_AL
Still 4th?

Have you tried mods?
They're sort of difficult to install right now, but there are mods to increase the max level and to add Spells, Feats, etc.

If you want more story and areas however, there probably won't be much added until the game is out of Early Access.

Last edited by EliasIncarnation; 03/11/21 12:40 AM.
apprentice
apprentice
I don't think LvlUp will work yet. It was made for patch 4 and an unofficial modder fixed it to work with patch 5, but it had a lot of problems. Spells and abilities would sometimes have no icon or just blank text, there'd be repeats of spells listed, and various other issues. It did work and let you level all the way to 20, though. There was a cheat version available where it just took 1 xp to level you each time so you could get to 20 after the first few fights.

The problem is that they couldn't implement all of the class features so when you did level up, it was about half as functional as it should be. You'd still get new spell slots, HP, more attacks, etc., but not much class progression.

Edit: https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/118

Apparently they fixed it for patch 6. I just installed it and it seems to be working fine. Quite a few mods have been updated to support patch 6.

Last edited by rdb100; 03/11/21 07:29 AM.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard