Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Lady Avyna
From what I gathered, Larian seems to only have this forum for feedback and suggestion as well as their twitter page. Those seem to be the only places where we can engage with Larian about Baldur's Gate. I don't have any issues with that and I think it's pretty useful as long as we stick to actually giving feedback about the game in terms or how we could make it better or report any bugs that we may find.

They also have the main feedback channel that you can reach through the launcher for example.

Optimistically Apocalyptic
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Dexai
Originally Posted by Lady Avyna
From what I gathered, Larian seems to only have this forum for feedback and suggestion as well as their twitter page. Those seem to be the only places where we can engage with Larian about Baldur's Gate. I don't have any issues with that and I think it's pretty useful as long as we stick to actually giving feedback about the game in terms or how we could make it better or report any bugs that we may find.

They also have the main feedback channel that you can reach through the launcher for example.

The Discord server also has a feedback channel.

veteran
veteran
Also, if you're intending to report actual bugs directly, rather than giving general feedback, you can use this form to submit formal bug reports:

https://larian.com/support/baldur-s-gate-3#modal

The bug forum section here is good too (especially for helping to create a better picture of how many people are experiencing a particular bug, and other spread and scale factors like that), but if you use the official form you can include a copy of your save file and/or a screenshot so that they can reproduce bugs you report reliably.

Last edited by Niara; 01/11/21 01:02 AM.
veteran
veteran
Not to put too fine a point on it, but in addition to the money, their EA community has provided Larian with 50,000+ posts, in 5000+ threads across 250+ pages just in this Feedback forum alone. And this section has only existed since Oct 2020 lol

I'd wager that there is an inverse relationship between how much time and energy one has dedicated to these boards, and the general sense of satisfaction one might have with Larian's level of community engagement here during EA.

The major frustrations probably have more to do with redunancy, just owing to a lack of structure and active cultivation, and the literal flood of topics we saw at launch (and every time a new patch drops.) You know where its basically like waving at someone on a bus speeding by you at 70mph hehe. Discord is even crazier in that regard, and the steam forums beyond hopeless. So that leaves the home boards, which from the look of it didn't receive much love in anticipation of the EA dropping.

I get the strong impression that they see these forums as antiquated and not worth investing in beyond the bare minimum. I'm not sure these forums would even exist if it wasn't serving as the archive of all their previous games too. Sort of like "Well, we're already paying to keep the server afloat for those, so lets tack on a half dozen BG3 sections and add a banner, so we can say we gave it the old college try!" Hehe

Just feels like an afterthought. Had it been more a bit more currated with bit more integration, they probably could have handled 5000 thread topics with just 500 thread topics. But this what happens when it goes all wild west like this. It's just a mini version of reddit or steam now, cause they took the hands way off approach.

I think they should have migrated their BG3 forums before going into EA, since doing it now would be near impossible. There's just too much material. I suppose there is a chance they could provide an EA beta period and migrate at that point, where only people who actually dropped the dime on BG3 EA are able to contribute. That would probably trim the fluff by half, and might give them a shot at actually making such a place useful. Right now it would be a herculean task for an individual to read all this feedback, let alone synthesize it in a manner that would be practical as a development tool. I don't know what they do now, but it certainly feels like they could have done more to support the effort through engagement. What we have now is what we get I guess, when non engagement is the rule, and it's left to the community to provide the organization ad hoc.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Black_Elk
Right now it would be a herculean task for an individual to read all this feedback, let alone synthesize it in a manner that would be practical as a development tool. I don't know what they do now, but it certainly feels like they could have done more to support the effort through engagement. What we have now is what we get I guess, when non engagement is the rule, and it's left to the community to provide the organization ad hoc.

Well....I do have a months vacation coming up so if people would be so kind to not post any more until dec 10, atleast giving me chance to manage this...that would be great :P

No, I'm not gonna do that. I tried second or third week after EA release, summarizing just over 841 threads. it took me 14 hours and then I mostly compressed everything to a phrase or two per topic

Edit: Found the compilation and it was quite fun to see what was requested back then and what has/hasn't changed smile

Last edited by PrivateRaccoon; 01/11/21 04:27 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by PrivateRaccoon
Edit: Found the compilation and it was quite fun to see what was requested back then and what has/hasn't changed smile

Bit off-topic but I would be interested to read about this compiled list compared to the effective changes smile

addict
addict
Originally Posted by SerraSerra

Bit off-topic but I would be interested to read about this compiled list compared to the effective changes smile

Well. It isn't a very good compilation since I often summarized several pages long threads to a single sentence. It was mostly meant as a quick list of hot topics and requests back then. But here it is:

Anyway. Here is the list I compiledand and will try to make sure that I've deleted topics you've already mentioned. Sadly I do not have links to the individual topics where the excerpts are taken from. And I'm not going through 841 threads again smile
And sorry for a long list but tried to include pretty much everything except:

races/classes as more is coming
Reaction, as we know Larian is working on that
Bugs and glitches, as that belongs in that sub forum
Multiplayer and technical problems across platforms, as that also belong otherwise

So, for those that have some time to waste. Enjoy smile

Category: Character Creation

heterochromatic eyes and opaque eyes for tieflings

Change body volume/height.

Half Elf doesn't get Extra Skill like in the D&D Rulebook, is this intended?

Add more Backgrounds (Only way to get Perception for a Class that doesn't have it in its Class Skill is to take Sailor Background)

Add tail options for tieflings

Roll for stats vs point buy

Beards for elves. Call it a fake one for lore reasons if needed.

Add full access to information about how your character may develop, future feats etc.

All voices available for each gender is cool. but should be sorted.

"who do you desire" part -Yay or nay?. Discussion

Be able to choose deity. Maybe even ones outside D&D multiverse. I.e. The flying spaghetti monster etc.

Able to choose alignment yes or no? How much should it affect gameplay?

Makeup options: lipstick and face blush etc.

Customize/Choose visuals on your D20

Why no surname or sobriquet?

Name generator based on races

Category: User interface

UI is not very intuitive - lot of confusion where to find stuff. Make it more streamlined

Party formation arrangement choice (so you could set up how the characters were arranged, similar to the old BG games).

Separate spell book in UI for combat:

Spell icons. Having to slot a different icon for every possible level of every spell makes the hotbar incredibly cluttered. It would be much neater and more convenient if you only had to slot a given spell once, but when you click on it a smaller menu pops up to allow you to select which level you wish to cast it at.

TAB instead of LEFT ALT to highlight interactive objects. ALL interactive objects.

Allow targeting via portraits. Unnecessary to have several portraits of active PC.

Button to stop concentration on spells

Add the Dodge action and the Grapple function

It would be nice to see where you are reputation-wise with your party members

Being able to hide the UI

take inspiration from dragon age origin

A "Default Action" slot beside the current weapon attacks that we could drag things like a cantrip into would be great.

- an active search function. The passive perception works great for what it's supposed to do, but it would be nice to be able to actively,

Can we have an in-game notepad? like notes in the journal?

Category: Companions

Possible to re-assign the existing ability scores for companions? - not re-roll new ones, just move the old ones around. Right now, for instance, Astarion makes a poor Arcane Trickster because of poor int.

Animal companions should be psychical party members and have dialogue like in NWN. not conjured. Also add in a mule as an option.

Group movement improvements. auto jump. able to choose all. formations etc

I'd love if Lae'zel had specific dialogue for a Githyanki character

don't force my entire party to collapse back on the position of the individual who triggered the event. If you allow your players to take the initiative and make preparations in response to clues given in the environment it will deepen their immersion and enjoyment of the game.

I would love to be able to tell my Party members to "Wait here"

being able fill out your party witch custom made characters

Category: Conversation

Spells during conversation. Charm Person is used to gain advantage on Charisma checks, but no spells can be cast while talking to someone, and casting it outside of conversation triggers combat.

Voiced personal character dialogue too expensive?

speech DC should either be hidden all time or be visible in dialogue choice. or decided by class/high INT/WIS i e wizards know before hand. dumb characters don't.

Award XP for non combat solutions. i e friendly dialogue checks, lock picking etc.

Keep dc checks to one per conversation

dialogue choice tags, like adding a (hostile), (friendly), and (neutral) tag next to each option to guide us on how we want to RP our character.

Breaking the 4th wall. (I don't know if it was an accident of the performance of an actor or not but my favorite part of the game, so far, was a brief second when I failed a roll to crush a parasite and the last part of the outtake scene, my character broke the 4th wall, looked right at me and looked very disappointed in me. I sincerely hope that wasn't an accident because that was awesome!)

Conversation checks DC is too high

Add Dialogue lines in a UI-Log/journal for later reference

Dices. Add option to hide mechanic always.

Background choices should affect dialogue

Category: Combat

Enemy AI too intelligent. Different action pattern for different enemy types possible?

Cover system

Go straight to reload screen after whole party is downed.

Option to show hidden dice rolls i e attack rolls etc

Sneak attack should be automatic.

it would be interesting if after losing HPs and going under a certain threshold, enemies could be susceptible to be intimidated, persuaded to yield or scared by our characters using a social dice roll as their standard action for the round.

Option to allow us to manually roll the death save

Remove the screen 'shake' for when you select a spell but before you target it

Add flanking.

Switch percentages to rolls or hide it all together

Implementing an optional grid system

to examine a creatures stats to plan against them, maybe have it optional that a player must make a successful check (Arcana, History, Nature, Religion, Insight, etc.) against that creature to figure out its weaknesses

Ability to administer health potion to companion during combat. I e downed companions

Streamline dash ability, Too many clicks right now

Let a Character delay the initiative (or hold an action).

Double-tap of the space bar to end a character's turn in combat. More than once, I've been a clumsy idiot and bumped space without meaning to.

Change Monster levels to their CR from the books? Or have show HP instead of level

Category: Out of combat/world exploring

Better camera controls. add wasd movement and camera on mouse

Option to hide mini map

More short rests

Please let us click directly on the map to fast travel to the waypoints instead of having to use the side menu.

Be able to click on mini map and party goes there by automatic

Long rest punishment? Real danger - that the tadpole can really harm you and maybe lead to a negative story ending. Or maybe you are forced to take the pact with the deamon to survive or when you tried to rest in a dungeon and some enemies could break this action

Long Rests should consume food and/or water, to make its use lesser and give the player a sensation of "lost resources".

random encounters

Saving throws added for out of combat hazards.

Be able to pause the game

more auto-saves

i'm missing the immersive part of the game. For example, i think that the tavern was very important to set a pace for the previous games.
make the wild parts more alive, perhaps adding animals interacting with each other in random ways, like a wolf hunting a deer or a bear defending its young.

Use a magic item you find on the Mind Flayer ship and have it once per day create a Lymonds Tiny Hut. instead of having a camp in the forest.

keyboard shortcut for jump

pickpocketing mechanic. explanation and execution?

Right Click Party Interactions

Every character should be able to hold a torch

More books with depth

Category: System

Choose starting equipment

Spear should be versatile(thrown?)

Scrolls beside revify should not be able for everyone

Introduce components for higher level spells

When reading notes and books that are carried in players inventory, you're instantly returned to the game instead of the inventory screen. If possible could this be changed to return to the inventory screen instead of back to the game?

Daggers, rapiers and shortswords are piercing weapons not slashing

items color-coded based on rarity. yay or nay?

Arachnophobia mode

Add more in game accessibility options like subs for people with deafness. Less buttons needed to be pressed for people with movement disabilities etc

Slider for font size?

option for hidden save file of rolls per playthrough so you can't just save-bumming

better tutorials for players not into d&d

Explanation about trading. how base value changes to final price by reputation etc. That armor and weapons only retain half their value when sold etc

So my suggestion is to be able to separate out playthroughs under "load campaign. right now saves for different characters are mixed together and quick saves can overide quicksaves from other playthroughs.

Access to Candlekeep in Act 3 or we riot

Loading Screen: More Tips & Images

Category: Visuals

visible shield when sheathed

visible quiver

Put swords in scabbards, on your hip. Naked weapons glued to your back is silly nonsense.

toggle hiding helm

more animations for melee.

More variety in spellcasting voices

Category: Other

Spider egg weights 30 pounds. Intentional?

list of changes made by larian compaired to 5e

patron interaction for warlocks? yay or nay?

There you have it!

Well. It isn't a very good compilation since I often summarized several pages long threads to a single sentence. It was mostly meant as a quick list of hot topics and requests back then. But here it is:

Anyway. Here is the list I compiledand and will try to make sure that I've deleted topics you've already mentioned. Sadly I do not have links to the individual topics where the excerpts are taken from. And I'm not going through 841 threads again smile
And sorry for a long list but tried to include pretty much everything except:

races/classes as more is coming
Reaction, as we know Larian is working on that
Bugs and glitches, as that belongs in that sub forum
Multiplayer and technical problems across platforms, as that also belong otherwise

So, for those that have some time to waste. Enjoy smile

heterochromatic eyes and opaque eyes for tieflings

Change body volume/height.

Half Elf doesn't get Extra Skill like in the D&D Rulebook, is this intended?

Add more Backgrounds (Only way to get Perception for a Class that doesn't have it in its Class Skill is to take Sailor Background)

Add tail options for tieflings

Roll for stats vs point buy

Beards for elves. Call it a fake one for lore reasons if needed.

Add full access to information about how your character may develop, future feats etc.

All voices available for each gender is cool. but should be sorted.

"who do you desire" part -Yay or nay?. Discussion

Be able to choose deity. Maybe even ones outside D&D multiverse. I.e. The flying spaghetti monster etc.

Able to choose alignment yes or no? How much should it affect gameplay?

Makeup options: lipstick and face blush etc.

Customize/Choose visuals on your D20

Why no surname or sobriquet?

Name generator based on races

Category: User interface

UI is not very intuitive - lot of confusion where to find stuff. Make it more streamlined

Party formation arrangement choice (so you could set up how the characters were arranged, similar to the old BG games).

Separate spell book in UI for combat:

Spell icons. Having to slot a different icon for every possible level of every spell makes the hotbar incredibly cluttered. It would be much neater and more convenient if you only had to slot a given spell once, but when you click on it a smaller menu pops up to allow you to select which level you wish to cast it at.

TAB instead of LEFT ALT to highlight interactive objects. ALL interactive objects.

Allow targeting via portraits. Unnecessary to have several portraits of active PC.

Button to stop concentration on spells

Add the Dodge action and the Grapple function

It would be nice to see where you are reputation-wise with your party members

Being able to hide the UI

take inspiration from dragon age origin

A "Default Action" slot beside the current weapon attacks that we could drag things like a cantrip into would be great.

- an active search function. The passive perception works great for what it's supposed to do, but it would be nice to be able to actively,

Can we have an in-game notepad? like notes in the journal?

Possible to re-assign the existing ability scores for companions? - not re-roll new ones, just move the old ones around. Right now, for instance, Astarion makes a poor Arcane Trickster because of poor int.

Animal companions should be psychical party members and have dialogue like in NWN. not conjured. Also add in a mule as an option.

Group movement improvements. auto jump. able to choose all. formations etc

I'd love if Lae'zel had specific dialogue for a Githyanki character

don't force my entire party to collapse back on the position of the individual who triggered the event. If you allow your players to take the initiative and make preparations in response to clues given in the environment it will deepen their immersion and enjoyment of the game.

I would love to be able to tell my Party members to "Wait here"

being able fill out your party witch custom made characters

Category: Conversation

Spells during conversation. Charm Person is used to gain advantage on Charisma checks, but no spells can be cast while talking to someone, and casting it outside of conversation triggers combat.

Voiced personal character dialogue too expensive?

speech DC should either be hidden all time or be visible in dialogue choice. or decided by class/high INT/WIS i e wizards know before hand. dumb characters don't.

Award XP for non combat solutions. i e friendly dialogue checks, lock picking etc.

Keep dc checks to one per conversation

dialogue choice tags, like adding a (hostile), (friendly), and (neutral) tag next to each option to guide us on how we want to RP our character.

Breaking the 4th wall. (I don't know if it was an accident of the performance of an actor or not but my favorite part of the game, so far, was a brief second when I failed a roll to crush a parasite and the last part of the outtake scene, my character broke the 4th wall, looked right at me and looked very disappointed in me. I sincerely hope that wasn't an accident because that was awesome!)

Conversation checks DC is too high

Add Dialogue lines in a UI-Log/journal for later reference

Dices. Add option to hide mechanic always.

Background choices should affect dialogue

Enemy AI too intelligent. Different action pattern for different enemy types possible?

Cover system

Go straight to reload screen after whole party is downed.

Option to show hidden dice rolls i e attack rolls etc

Sneak attack should be automatic.

it would be interesting if after losing HPs and going under a certain threshold, enemies could be susceptible to be intimidated, persuaded to yield or scared by our characters using a social dice roll as their standard action for the round.

Option to allow us to manually roll the death save

Remove the screen 'shake' for when you select a spell but before you target it

Add flanking.

Switch percentages to rolls or hide it all together

Implementing an optional grid system

to examine a creatures stats to plan against them, maybe have it optional that a player must make a successful check (Arcana, History, Nature, Religion, Insight, etc.) against that creature to figure out its weaknesses

Ability to administer health potion to companion during combat. I e downed companions

Streamline dash ability, Too many clicks right now

Let a Character delay the initiative (or hold an action).

Double-tap of the space bar to end a character's turn in combat. More than once, I've been a clumsy idiot and bumped space without meaning to.

Change Monster levels to their CR from the books? Or have show HP instead of level

Category: Out of combat/world exploring

Better camera controls. add wasd movement and camera on mouse

Option to hide mini map

More short rests

Please let us click directly on the map to fast travel to the waypoints instead of having to use the side menu.

Be able to click on mini map and party goes there by automatic

Long rest punishment? Real danger - that the tadpole can really harm you and maybe lead to a negative story ending. Or maybe you are forced to take the pact with the deamon to survive or when you tried to rest in a dungeon and some enemies could break this action

Long Rests should consume food and/or water, to make its use lesser and give the player a sensation of "lost resources".

random encounters

Saving throws added for out of combat hazards.

Be able to pause the game

more auto-saves

i'm missing the immersive part of the game. For example, i think that the tavern was very important to set a pace for the previous games.
make the wild parts more alive, perhaps adding animals interacting with each other in random ways, like a wolf hunting a deer or a bear defending its young.

Use a magic item you find on the Mind Flayer ship and have it once per day create a Lymonds Tiny Hut. instead of having a camp in the forest.

keyboard shortcut for jump

pickpocketing mechanic. explanation and execution?

Right Click Party Interactions

Every character should be able to hold a torch

More books with depth

Choose starting equipment

Spear should be versatile(thrown?)

Scrolls beside revify should not be able for everyone

Introduce components for higher level spells

When reading notes and books that are carried in players inventory, you're instantly returned to the game instead of the inventory screen. If possible could this be changed to return to the inventory screen instead of back to the game?

Daggers, rapiers and shortswords are piercing weapons not slashing

items color-coded based on rarity. yay or nay?

Arachnophobia mode

Add more in game accessibility options like subs for people with deafness. Less buttons needed to be pressed for people with movement disabilities etc

Slider for font size?

option for hidden save file of rolls per playthrough so you can't just save-bumming

better tutorials for players not into d&d

Explanation about trading. how base value changes to final price by reputation etc. That armor and weapons only retain half their value when sold etc

So my suggestion is to be able to separate out playthroughs under "load campaign. right now saves for different characters are mixed together and quick saves can overide quicksaves from other playthroughs.

Access to Candlekeep in Act 3 or we riot

Loading Screen: More Tips & Images

visible shield when sheathed

visible quiver

Put swords in scabbards, on your hip. Naked weapons glued to your back is silly nonsense.

toggle hiding helm

more animations for melee.

More variety in spellcasting voices

Category: Other

Spider egg weights 30 pounds. Intentional?

list of changes made by larian compaired to 5e

patron interaction for warlocks? yay or nay?

There you have it!

Spoiler tags might make the list easier to go through.
Also, I made some changes to it, though I didn't understand what some of the things in the list meant.

Body Features:
- Heterochromatic eyes and opaque eyes for Tieflings.
- Weight and Height sliders.
- Tail options for Tieflings.
- Beards for elves. Call it a fake one for lore reasons if needed.
- Voice options sorted by gender.
- Makeup options. Lipstick, face blush, etc.

Character Features:
- Extra Skill for Half Elf, like in the D&D Rulebook.
- More Backgrounds (The only way to get Perception for a Class that doesn't have it in its Class Skill is to take Sailor Background).
- Roll for stats option.
- Information about how a character may develop, such as future Feats.
- "Who do you desire" part - Yay or nay? Discussion. (What does this mean?)
- An option to choose deity without being a Cleric. Perhaps including ones outside of the Dungeons & Dragons multiverse. The flying spaghetti monster, etc. (The last part sounds strange, especially if they were to have a character's choice of deity affect dialogue options, but I could see them adding it as "Other").
- Choice of Alignment with an effect on gameplay and dialogue. (Does 5e have an Alignment system?).
- Custom dice appearance. (I think that it would be better to unlock dice as you go through the game).
- Surname and sobriquet. (I think those would make sense. Different ways for a character to introduce themself, and possibly another way to show how close a character is to a companion).
- Name generator based on Race.
- Choose starting equipment.

Category: User Interface

- More intuitive UI.
- Party formation options, similar to the old Baldur's Gate games.
- A quick-use spell book in the HUD.
- Combine spell levels into a pop-up menu. (Hasn't this been implemented? Also, I think that it makes putting spells in the hotbar pointless, since it's easy to forget that the level hasn't been chosen).
- "Tab" instead of "Left Alt" to highlight interactive objects. It should highlight all interactive objects.
- Allow targeting via portraits in addition to models.
- Having several portraits of active PC is unnecessary.
- An option to end concentration for spells.
- Party member reputation info. (Hasn't this been implemented?).
- A toggle to hide the entire UI and options to hide specific UI elements, such as the minimap.
- Take inspiration from Dragon Age: Origins. (Not clear enough).
- A "Default Action" slot placed beside the current weapon attacks that could have things like cantrips added to it.
- An active search function. The passive perception works great for what it's supposed to do, but it would be nice to be able to actively search.
- Custom notes in the Journal.
- Return to Inventory/Character Panel after reading books and other texts.

- Respec option for companion Ability Scores.
- Animal companions as full party members with dialogue, like in Neverwinter Nights. Also, a mule option.
- Group movement improvements. Auto jump, choose all, formations, etc. (Hasn't auto jump been implemented?).
- Githyanki-specific dialogue for Lae'zel.
- To support tactics and immersion, keep party members where they were before an event is triggered.
- A "Wait here" toggle for party members, instead of having to remove them from the chain or make them use Hide.
- An option to create new party members.

Category: Dialogue

- Spell-use during dialogue.
- Voice acting for the player's character.
- Speech DC should either always be hidden, be visible in dialogue choices, or be decided by Class/INT/WIS. i.e., Wizards know before hand, dumb characters don't.
- Award experience for non-combat solutions. Friendly dialogue checks, lock picking, etc.
- Limit DC checks to one per conversation.
- Tags for dialogue options such as "Hostile", "Friendly" and "Indifferent" to help with role-playing.
- Subtle breaking of the fourth wall for some events.
- Lower DC for checks in dialogue.
- Dialogue history in the Journal for later reference.
- An option to always hide the dice rolling mechanic.
- Background choices affect dialogue.
- Patron interactions for warlocks.

- Less intelligent AI, AI based on a character's Intelligence Ability Score and character type, or AI with patterns depending on the character type.
- A cover system.
- Reload screen after party is downed.
- An option to show dice roll animations for attacks and other "rolls" that aren't visible.
- Automatic sneak attacks when character is hidden.
- Intimidation of enemies during combat, possibly through using an Action that considers Intimidation or when their HP falls below a certain threshold. It could cause them to yield or become Frightened.
- An option to manually roll death saves.
- Remove the screen "shake" that occurs when a spell is selected.
- Dodge and Grapple Actions.
- Flanking.
- Switch percentages to rolls or hide it altogether.
- An optional grid system.
- An optional check (using Arcana, History, Nature, Insight, etc.) to see a foe's weaknesses.
- The ability to administer health potions to companions during combat. i.e. downed companions.
- Dash takes too many clicks to use. (Maybe an option to skip activation?)
- Let a character delay the initiative (or hold an Action). (Does this mean skipping a turn to have more Actions later?)
- Double-tap of the space bar to end a character's turn in combat to prevent the accidental ending of a turn.
- Change Monster levels to their CR from the books or show HP instead of levels.

Category: Exploration

- Manual movement and camera on mouse.
- More Short Rests.
- Movement through clicking on the map and minimap.
- Fast traveling by clicking on Waypoints, instead of only through using the side menu.
- A downside to using Long Rests. The tadpole causing harm or a negative story ending, being forced to take the pact with the demon to survive, resting in a dungeon interrupted by enemies, etc.
- Long Rests should consume food and/or water, to make its use lesser and give the player a sensation of "lost resources". (Hasn't this been implemented?).
- Random encounters.
- Saving throws added for out of combat hazards. (Hasn't this been implemented?).
- The ability to pause the game.
- More auto-saves.
- More immersive elements. e.g. the tavern in previous games, and animals interacting with each other in random ways like a wolf hunting a deer or a bear defending its young.
- A magic item on the Mind Flayer ship that once per day creates Leomund's Tiny Hut, as an alternative to having a camp in the forest.
- Keyboard shortcut for jump. (Hasn't this been implemented?).
- More explanation of the pickpocket mechanic.
- Right-click party interactions. (Not clear enough).
- Every character should be able to hold a torch. (Hasn't this been implemented?).
- More books with depth.

- Spear should be versatile (Thrown?).
- Scrolls beside Revivify should not be able for everyone.
- Introduce components for higher level spells.
- Daggers, rapiers and shortswords are piercing weapons not slashing.
- An option to have items color-coded based on rarity.
- Arachnophobia mode.
- Spider eggs weigh too much.
- More in game accessibility options like subtitles for people with deafness, less buttons needing to be pressed for people with movement disabilities, etc. (Haven't subtitles been implemented?).
- Slider for font size. (Hasn't this been implemented?).
- An option for hidden save file of rolls per playthrough so you can't just savescum.
- Tutorials to help players who are new to the rules of Dungeons & Dragons.
- Explanations about Trading. How base value changes to final price by Reputation, why armor and weapons only retain half their value when sold, etc.
- More organization for save files. Separate sections for different characters and a section in each character's save section for quick and auto-saves.
- Access to Candlekeep in Act III.
- More tips and images on the loading screen.
- A list showing what's different from 5e.

- Visible shields when sheathed.
- Visible quivers.
- Swords sheathed in scabbards on the hips.
- Toggle hiding helm. (Hasn't this been implemented?).
- More animations for melee combat.
- More variety in spellcasting voices.

Last edited by EliasIncarnation; 03/11/21 05:05 AM.
veteran
veteran
That works rather well!

Ok, well maybe we don't have Herakles but perhaps as a group effort it works? lol
Those 8 categories, and call it what like 4500 threads to mull through? 1 line each if notable where not already covered? Some check marks for what's been touched on? hehe Make it the collective feedback document and put it in a sticky. That's probably how the forums should have been structured initially with some categorical divides, but even just having a list form is helpful for the big picture. Nicely handled

addict
addict
Thanks Elias. Like I said, the compilation wasn't very good and back then was just a means to try having several topics not being drowned out by many threads dealing with the same subject. And yes, there are several lines that doesn't make sense to me even :P Like "Take inspiration from DAO" What did I mean by that?

Also, the list was just summarizing what had been brought up by others on the forums so not always what I personally agreed with or what would make sense in the game. I do remember "who do you dream of" was being discussed if it shouldn't been cut from the game completely which is why I wrote "yay or nay" which I did on several topics where there weren't a strong consensus among the community.
It was meant to be more complex and deep going but after 13 hours I noticed that Vometia had already done a similar thing so I just basically wrapped it up and put it in her thread.

Edit: - "Combine spell levels into a pop-up menu. (Hasn't this been implemented? Also, I think that it makes putting spells in the hotbar pointless, since it's easy to forget that the level hasn't been chosen)."

Yes, the list was just copy pasted here and is almost a year old. I didn't take the time to add comments where changes has already happened.

Last edited by PrivateRaccoon; 03/11/21 09:08 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Oh gee, nice work, thx for sharing, actually it puts a lot in perspective as to what has changed and what was already mentioned a year ago and still shows up in new threads on this forum. I think after a year it would be nice if Larian could 'close' some of these discussions and direct our feedback to what they actually care about (e.g. like when they asked us to play evil, even if this would also be an example of how not to do it as even if we all played evil and made numerous threads with feedback and comments, no real change to the evil path or any reply came from Larian).

And yes, there are several lines that doesn't make sense to me even :P Like "Take inspiration from DAO" What did I mean by that?

Yeah, I've been through that before.
Sometimes, I'll write down ideas and think that I'll remember the meaning later, but when I do read those ideas later, I end up thinking, "What does that even mean?"...

I do remember "who do you dream of" was being discussed if it shouldn't been cut from the game completely which is why I wrote "yay or nay" which I did on several topics where there weren't a strong consensus among the community.

Oh, okay.
I was wondering if it meant that or if it meant that it should be optional.

Yes, the list was just copy pasted here and is almost a year old. I didn't take the time to add comments where changes has already happened.

I realized that after I read your post again while I was writing, but I figured that I might as well still ask if things had been added or not, since I wasn't sure if I was just not understanding what the features were supposed to be.

Last edited by EliasIncarnation; 03/11/21 04:25 PM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by EliasIncarnation
And yes, there are several lines that doesn't make sense to me even :P Like "Take inspiration from DAO" What did I mean by that?

Sometimes, I'll write down ideas and think that I'll remember the meaning later, but when I do read those ideas later, I end up thinking, "What does that even mean?"...

Well. Considering the fact that I put it under UI I guess it was taken from a thread where either myself or someone else suggested they should take inspiration from how the UI looks/works in DAO smile

Last edited by PrivateRaccoon; 03/11/21 04:54 PM.
addict
addict
Oh gee, nice work, thx for sharing, actually it puts a lot in perspective as to what has changed and what was already mentioned a year ago and still shows up in new threads on this forum. I think after a year it would be nice if Larian could 'close' some of these discussions and direct our feedback to what they actually care about (e.g. like when they asked us to play evil, even if this would also be an example of how not to do it as even if we all played evil and made numerous threads with feedback and comments, no real change to the evil path or any reply came from Larian).

Thanks SerraSerra. Yeah, I think it was worthy of being put in this thread to show that Larian indeed does seem to change things based on feedback, but at the same time have neglected to work on stuff that people have asked for from the start and haven't communicated a lot with us about the reasons why. And I agree with both you and Black_Elk that a rearrangement of the forums would be helpful for future feedback. Alas, as I understand it, the mods seem to do the moderating voluntarily during their free time and I won't begrudge them for having a life outside the forums smile

Yes Sven, that last sentence is a hint that you should pay them enough so they could focus fully on the forums. Give them a raise and offer them the position of PR manager.

Originally Posted by EliasIncarnation

Well. Considering the fact that I put it under UI I guess it was taken from a thread where either myself or someone else suggested they should take inspiration from how the UI looks/works in DAO smile

That makes sense, though that could be any part of the UI (inventory, HUD, etc.).
Also, I'm not sure why anyone would suggest that.
It's been a while since I played Origins, but I don't think its UI was that good.

Originally Posted by Tarorn
I think it’s a balance - this is a huge undertaking and unless we want to wait until 2025 for release date they need to get on with making the game.EAis a testing ground and in my experience after 250 hours is a really good one - we give feedback, get panel from hell every so often - that’s enough for me.

I doubt that interacting with the community would delay the game for another 2-3 years. And I mean interacting with the commuity, not implementing every single idea and suggestion that pop ups on the forums.
The current radio silence is just embarrassing.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard