Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
addict
OP Offline
addict
I think it would be cool if we could get a codex section, just like we have with inventory, character sheets, dialogues, ect. This would add the information that we find with books. I know we can send those books or any items to camp but I know there are books you can't pick up but only read. That's where the codex is especially handy as we could read that information whenever we want. There are RPG's that have this in the game where you can always read up information regarding what you find in the game world.

S
addict
addict
S
+1

That would be good.
There should also be a bestiary.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Lady Avyna
I think it would be cool if we could get a codex section, just like we have with inventory, character sheets, dialogues, ect. This would add the information that we find with books. I know we can send those books or any items to camp but I know there are books you can't pick up but only read. That's where the codex is especially handy as we could read that information whenever we want. There are RPG's that have this in the game where you can always read up information regarding what you find in the game world.

Originally Posted by EliasIncarnation
That would be good.
There should also be a bestiary.

+1 to both ideas!

old hand
old hand
Yes, please.

addict
addict
+1 to codex and bestiary

Larian, please make accessibility a priority for upcoming patches.
old hand
old hand
Yes, please!

And also, possibly, a handy little tellsign on the book inventory icons to tell you that you've already read or recorded that book.

Last edited by Dexai; 04/11/21 02:06 PM.

Optimistically Apocalyptic
stranger
stranger
Very good Idea!!!

enthusiast
enthusiast
Yeah this +1.

It would be good for and interesting for players unfamilar with the lore of the forgotten realms. History like the fall of the Tieflings to the 9 hells and the netherese etc. would be an interesting read for many player and personally love that shit as it quite literally world building.

I mean Larian could just copy most of the bestiary from the player handbook wouldn't be too much trouble I wouldn't think.

addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by Soul-Scar
Yeah this +1.

It would be good for and interesting for players unfamilar with the lore of the forgotten realms. History like the fall of the Tieflings to the 9 hells and the netherese etc. would be an interesting read for many player and personally love that shit as it quite literally world building.

I mean Larian could just copy most of the bestiary from the player handbook wouldn't be too much trouble I wouldn't think.

Exactly, that's the reason why I thought if it. The codex would be helpful for new players that are interested in the lore of Dungeons and Dragons. It can also give regular players an idea of what has been happening around the world in the game.

Last edited by Lady Avyna; 04/11/21 05:00 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard