Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
addict
OP Offline
addict
Haven't gotten further than just before the intellect devourer fight in the nautilloid wreckage because my framerate drops like a rock and I get extreme amounts of stuttering. It's unplayable.

Nothing I've done fixes it.

I'm running on Ultra with a RTX 2060 and had absolutely 0 issues before thus patch.

Ideas?

F
journeyman
journeyman
F
I've had similar issues with a 1660Ti. Frame rate will suddenly drop through the floor for no apparent reason. Not an issue I ever had prior to the patch. Also saw many instances of graphical corruption when things did work ok. Something is very wrong with Vulcan. Had to switch to the DX side to make it playable.

addict
OP Offline
addict
I'll have to try DX11 then.

I literally had to switch to it when I first started, then after a patch it got fixed, now it's unplayable again

veteran
veteran
I have that problem too, but usually a reload does help in my case. But maybe I'll switch to DX11 too, if that works better.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
F
journeyman
journeyman
F
DX has been and continues to run smoothly for me. Dunno what they broke in Vulcan but something got glitched. I never had stutter issues before the patch.

addict
OP Offline
addict
I swapped to Direct X and ended up with absurd load times once in game. Like, the game finished loading, then I had to wait 2 minutes for the terrain to load in.

Felt like my old days of playing Asheron's Call 2 with dialup internet.

journeyman
journeyman
On Stadia there is a massive slow down in the grove, fps well under 20 at times.

addict
OP Offline
addict
I'm not able to get past the beach. I get near that wreckage with the intellect devourer trio, I go into slideshow mode.

Infuriating.

journeyman
journeyman
I'm hoping they will deploy a hotfix, or we may have to wait until patch 7 before any of these bugs are fixed.

addict
OP Offline
addict
Yeah it's looking that way.

RTX 2060
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
16 GB RAM

I shouldn't have issues.

Their early system requirements is well below this. Though I'm afraid of it's 150 GB size request. That's just insane. Guess they're trying to beat out CoD:MW(200 gigs).

F
journeyman
journeyman
F
GTX 1660Ti
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
16GB RAM

Vulcan was fine before patch 6. Stutters to Avernus and back now. DX11 runs smoothly.

addict
OP Offline
addict
If only DX loaded smoothly for me I'd give it a go. After the dial up download speed of loading, I just shut it off again.

Link Copied to Clipboard