Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
addict
OP Offline
addict
I was looking at prices for SSDs and they're like 120 bucks for 1TB here. If I want a Samsung it's closer to 400. Stupid Sweden costing more than the US(prices were converted, I'm an American expat).

F
journeyman
journeyman
F
Originally Posted by Imora DalSyn
And I need to figure out the "highlight everything" button.

It is the Alt key on a US keyboard so I'd assume same or equivalent on a Nordic one. Don't know what those look like so I'm guessing/assuming. That is what highlights bodies and some containers and loot lying about. I wish it did more.

I run the game off SSD and I don't have the pop-in problem so there may be something to the drive you're using being a part of the problem. A lack of optimization in the streaming of assets from the drive by Larian is likely the rest of it. Defragging the drive and making sure of no bad sectors might help a tiny bit if they are issues the drive actually has but I have very low expectations there. You may just be stuck waiting for Larian to fix the problem or at least make it tolerable before you can play the game on that system again.

addict
OP Offline
addict
Maybe.

I haven't had the time to get through the tutorial again on my other computer to test that out. Ugh. So busy. frown

I've spent a ton of money getting ready for a trip to the US and really didn't want to have to fork out another 120 bucks for a new SSD.

F
journeyman
journeyman
F
My sympathies. It is just what my hardware knowledge suggests is going on with that system. I hope your other unit performs better. And if you're headed to the US, maybe you can snag a SSD while you're here at a better price than in Sweden if you have the time to do so.

addict
OP Offline
addict
Maybe, but I'm not headed til June. Got an order coming soon from the tech store, might just throw a NVMe drive in it despite my better judgment.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard