Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 25 of 39 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 38 39
addict
addict
Definitely a fan

veteran
veteran
Yes! Now just give her better armor stats, NOT APPEARANCE, but stats, like 16+ Dex, and she's golden. 😁

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by GM4Him
Yes! Now just give her better armor stats, NOT APPEARANCE, but stats, like 16+ Dex, and she's golden. 😁

100% agree.

And make her shield +1.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by JandK
Originally Posted by GM4Him

100% agree.

And make her shield +1.

Yes. YES!

veteran
veteran
I follow only two masters, glutony and greed.

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
veteran
veteran
I really don't have anything to add because to me Mithara is and will always be a monster I put down but I'm amazed that this thread has made it to page 25.

Persistence pays off . . .

veteran
veteran
I love a good villain.

Plus, the tougher she is to kill, the better the loot.

I'm hoping armor with AC 16 or 17 + Dex at least with Shield +1 and her magic mace.

😁

veteran
veteran
I'm firmly in the 'kill it with fire'-camp in regards to Minthara. I do appreciate making the baddies harder to Fight, but I do think, that Ragzlin and Gut should get some love in the armor department too. Gut could have a special robe giving her some special ability or something like that and Ragzlin as the war leader should have better armor too.
At least Minthara has the amulet of misty steps. She strangely doesn't use it in fight, but I would put that down as an AI problem. Theoretically she could at least be very mobile with it.
I wouldn't mind better armor stats for her armor, since I like the look and do want to wear it with my rogue. But you already have access to better armor ( not so nice looking though) at that point in the game

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by fylimar
Ragzlin as the war leader should have better armor too.
I on the other hand believe that Ragzlin should not wear any armor at all ...
Since i believe he is upposed to be a Barbarian and they dont wear armor usualy. That gemmed thing on his chest could have some magical property tho and certainly shlould be droppable!

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Since i believe he is upposed to be a Barbarian and they dont wear armor usualy. That gemmed thing on his chest could have some magical property tho and certainly shlould be droppable!
Then he should have an amulet or ring or girdle. Currently you only loot one weapon, while you get a ton of stuff from Gut and Minthara.

Doctor Who
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Then he should have an amulet or ring or girdle. Currently you only loot one weapon, while you get a ton of stuff from Gut and Minthara.

I totally agree and mentioned previously on another thread that a bunch of characters need some love, level ups and better gear.

veteran
veteran
As i said ... i believe those slippers with two belts and gemmed buckle should be lootable smile
It would look great on my Barbarian. laugh

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
I am still confused by the idea that the Priestess Gut must be killed anyway, if we want to get into the Underdark.

When I played the game for the first time, I thought that I would not be able to play for Minthara and the cult of the Absolute if I killed her, so I avoided dialogue about the tadpole, and in the end I did not get into the Underdark at all. Although on the second playthrough I killed the priestess Gut, found a true soul drow in the Underdark and helped him, he sent me to talk to Minthara about the journey to the Towers of Moonrise. It was in a dialogue with Minthara, but everyone forgot about the priestess Gut. This is good, because I would not want it to cause problems on the evil path, but I think the developers need to think about this point in more detail. Perhaps Minthara should say that the priestess of Gut is a fool and deserved her death as an option.

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
I am still confused by the idea that the Priestess Gut must be killed anyway, if we want to get into the Underdark.

When I played the game for the first time, I thought that I would not be able to play for Minthara and the cult of the Absolute if I killed her, so I avoided dialogue about the tadpole, and in the end I did not get into the Underdark at all. Although on the second playthrough I killed the priestess Gut, found a true soul drow in the Underdark and helped him, he sent me to talk to Minthara about the journey to the Towers of Moonrise. It was in a dialogue with Minthara, but everyone forgot about the priestess Gut. This is good, because I would not want it to cause problems on the evil path, but I think the developers need to think about this point in more detail. Perhaps Minthara should say that the priestess of Gut is a fool and deserved her death as an option.

You don't really need the entrance in the Selune temple- there are lot's of other way to get to the Underdark - through the Whispering Depths, the Zentharim hideout, Auntie Ethels lair ... and I'm pretty sure, I miss some. I usually use the entrance in the Selune temple, because I kill everything in there anyway (apart from Abdirak and the goblin in the cage and of course Halsin, since he is the reason, I'm there anyway), but with featherfall Whispering Depths is a good alternative, just be aware, because you drop down near the minotaurs.

Last edited by fylimar; 14/11/21 08:39 PM.

Doctor Who
journeyman
journeyman
I along with most of you am utterly bemused with the "Evil" route in the game as we "Evil" players were invited to be as "Evil" as we possibly could be but so many things stand in the way, why on earth would you want to kill glut when you could utilise her later in the game by still being able to select from Roah's inventory for a haste potion or two if others do not have them. Evil people are selfish so would most likely not want a party or use them to their advantage too, yet we have to have them to simply carry things etc. I suppose if we think about it more clearly the only route we are offered at this stage is the route of darkness and like all things of tale light fights dark and dark fights light so perhaps the evil route is from above and going against the Githyanki, perhaps we are all jumping the gun.

Last edited by Seleniumcodec; 14/11/21 08:46 PM.

We have a saying amongst PC users, Look after your PC ,and That's what I've done and I've maintained it for 20 years, this old PC has had 17 new Cards and 14 new Boards in it's time and it's still the same PC
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Im little confused here ...
What makes you say that? O_o

I admit that i didnt try that on Patch 6, but im pretty sure that you dont "need to kill her". O_o
(Or at least you didnt need to in previous patches)

veteran
veteran
The evil path makes no sense to me.

You go to the camp, kill gut, join with Minthara for what? Does she really offer you power? Not really. She just kind of orders you, and you're like, "Okay."

But that's not the worst of it. You do what you're told because you're a murder hobo and hot for Minthara. She sleeps with you, falls in love with you and says, "Let's meet up again later."

But... Um... What about the weapon? Weren't you after the weapon? Instead, the Absolute tells you to kill me and you lie and say you did and walk away WITHOUT the weapon.

???

Am I missing something?

journeyman
journeyman
Hiya RagnarokCzD , yes you're right, there's the Whispering Depths route, Zhentarim and errr, isn't it the hag after defeat too, problem is all of those lead to conflict and often on solo runs it's game over at level 4 vs Minotaurs or Bullette, actually, tell a lie I haven't tried the hag route for avoidance yet so I may do that next run. I suppose you could pickpocket Gut and use invis' potions too which is something else I totally forgot. I'm always a bit out of character on remembrance day for personal reasons.

Last edited by Seleniumcodec; 15/11/21 05:22 AM.

We have a saying amongst PC users, Look after your PC ,and That's what I've done and I've maintained it for 20 years, this old PC has had 17 new Cards and 14 new Boards in it's time and it's still the same PC
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Seleniumcodec
Hiya RagnarokCzD , yes you're right, there's the Whispering Depths route, Zhentarim and errr, isn't it the hag after defeat too, problem is all of those lead to conflict and often on solo runs it's game over at level 4 vs Minotaurs or Bullette, actually, tell a lie I haven't tried the hag route for avoidance yet so I may do that next run. I suppose you could pickpocket Gut and use invis' potions too which is something else I totally forgot. I'm always a bit out of character on remembrance day for personal reasons.
The Zhentarim entrance brings you to a very good position for fighting the minotaurs. Through the Whispering Depth you can avoid them too, If you go the right way. I don't know, where the hags entrance leads you.
The bulette you can't really avoid, no matter, where you come down.

Doctor Who
journeyman
journeyman
The Zhentarim entrance brings you to a very good position for fighting the minotaurs. Through the Whispering Depth you can avoid them too, If you go the right way. I don't know, where the hags entrance leads you.
The bulette you can't really avoid, no matter, where you come down.[/quote]

Hi Fylimar, as you go through the gate after destroying the moonstone head north to a cliff edge using sneak, look down and see the field of mushrooms, pop them all with a bow or spell then use a scroll of feather fall and jump into that field, it brings you before the Mychonid village therefore avoiding the land shark and big macs, as long as you don't go near the sussar tree and the big macs location by just doing the village, mychonid and dwarf quests then you will never see them, location in pic. PS I never had picked up the fort waypoint with a solo character so had to use my party test of sorcerer green dragon

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Last edited by Seleniumcodec; 15/11/21 06:21 AM.

Page 25 of 39 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 38 39

Link Copied to Clipboard