Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
On the west side of the ravaged beach there is a rock with scuff marks,

is there a way to move it?

When click using each character it says its too heavy to move...even with a 17 STR shove also does not move it.

old hand
old hand
With the latest patch it needs to be moved to a very particular spot it seems. The "too heavy to move" notice should only be showing once you've dragged the rock too far from it's original placement, before that it should say "No room to place" or something. While it still says "No room to place" you should be able to move it as long as you can find that one spot it can be moved too.

(The reason it says "too heavy to move" when you've dragged it too far, I think, is because Strength determines how far you can move objects. But with a strength of 17 the "sweet spot" should be well within that reach)

Optimistically Apocalyptic
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
That s the problem still have not moved it from its original position. I have placed myself all around the rock and it gives the to heavy to move msg. I click on different parts of the rock and get the same message.

I assume to move it you right click and moving would be an option.

I have tried the combat push and that has no effect.

Attacking it has no effect

using psionics or mage hand has no effect on it.

I have never seen the no room to place on this rock

journeyman
journeyman
As Dexai said, this is a new bug for Patch 6. Instead of trying to move it away from that location, try to flip it over. That is what finally worked for me.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
How does one go to flip it? I do not see options to flip....

veteran
veteran
When moving objects, You can roll your mouse wheel to rotate the object in place - It's useful for positioning furniture and decorations about your camp, but it can also sometimes help you find an acceptable 'white border' spot to release a dragged item you're having trouble moving. In the case of objects that 'reveal' new ones when you move them, you don't have to actually move it away, you just have to get a valid move of any sort on it, and the hidden object will spring into existence - at which point you can usually access it even if the rock is still blocking it.

The new issue in patch 6 still needs to be fixed, but this is a functional work around in many cases.

Last edited by Niara; 12/11/21 04:44 AM.
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
thank you that helps a lot

journeyman
journeyman
It also helps to have your other members stand back out of the way of where you are moving the rock to.

Link Copied to Clipboard