Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
Now that the AI use dash ans think faster, the speed of most combat is good to me.
I wonder if that is just me ...
It seems to me like combat in "old" places go a lot faster ... goblin camp, attack on druid Grove, spider queen, gnoll attack, githyanki patrol, etc. ... that all is pretty fast and fun.
But combat in Grymforge seemed a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT slower. laugh

I haven't felt the same.
My combat with Nere was a bit long because all druergar became hostile at the same time but I did not found it slow as it was previously patch 5 in other areas.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
Long time no see...

Glad to see it's ever the same problem here.
Fights still way to long and boring with lots of opponents.
crappy pathfinding of the team.
Yeah... Nostalgic.. or not.
One year and it's still the same beautiful but still trolly so-called BG successor.

Just... Have you heard about our lord and savior "Pathfinder Wotr". It's amazing they created a game with a pretty huge tactical fights available in RTwP and in turned-base mode.

In-cre-di-ble. How could they do that ? Must be witches.

Keep saying RTwP is impossible, it will be funny to read... maybe... one day.

journeyman
journeyman
The enemy AI in WOTR can't even walk around Grease.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Nothing in this Game is challenging because of the Homebrew. It's still taking A LOT away from the Class System. I know they nerfed Height Advantage and Backstabbing Froggers which is good in its own right to some extent but a lot of stuff still remains as Bonus Action and that doesn't solve the Shove issue either. I'd also just delete Hide ( Invisibility Exists ). No Complaints about the Million Bonuses on Dialogue Rolls you are getting now from Skills, Spells and Stats. You finally found a great use of the Friends Cantrip. I'd still change RESTING to TIME RESTRICTED COOLDOWN ( 1 hour maybe for long rests 30 min for short ) to balance Abuse. Remember RESTING is not the same as Camp Access. This is why i don't believe you should tie Cutscene/Mechanic Progression/Anything to RESTING. It's more like you should get a Forced Rest Cutscene that doesn't restore anything for Mindflayer/Dream Sequences or Give New Worm Powers and a "Special Cutscene" after using them X amount of times in Dialogue Checks. I believe tying rest to anything is bad game design unless you plan to implement an ACTUAL TIME SYSTEM with DAY and NIGHT Mechanics which would mean more Layers and Work for you.

Last edited by JDCrenton; 26/10/21 08:20 PM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Zefhyr
Long time no see...

Glad to see it's ever the same problem here.
Fights still way to long and boring with lots of opponents.
crappy pathfinding of the team.
Yeah... Nostalgic.. or not.
One year and it's still the same beautiful but still trolly so-called BG successor.

Just... Have you heard about our lord and savior "Pathfinder Wotr". It's amazing they created a game with a pretty huge tactical fights available in RTwP and in turned-base mode.

In-cre-di-ble. How could they do that ? Must be witches.

Keep saying RTwP is impossible, it will be funny to read... maybe... one day.

I gave up asking for RTwP when I realized that Larian can barely translate a turn-based game into an turn-base game. Imagine what they would have done with RtWP.

Last edited by IrenicusBG3; 27/10/21 01:20 AM.
A
addict
addict
A
There is nothing incredible in how buggy it is. Turn based some features straight up didn't work when I've played, so often a character would lose a turn trying to execute an action that didn't work. Rtwp was a mess, because even with the enemy a few steps away I'd get the "spinning around in place" bug, which happened when a character needs to sidestep an obstacle. Which due to the number of combatants in battles was most of the time.

Yes, the party controls in BG3 are terrible and the party pathfinding has issues, which makes moving a party annoying. It is by far one of the worst features in BG3. But then to give WotR as a positive example? Even with a full party control the pathfinding there is nonfunctional.

Originally Posted by ash elemental
There is nothing incredible in how buggy it is. Turn based some features straight up didn't work when I've played, so often a character would lose a turn trying to execute an action that didn't work. Rtwp was a mess, because even with the enemy a few steps away I'd get the "spinning around in place" bug, which happened when a character needs to sidestep an obstacle. Which due to the number of combatants in battles was most of the time.

Yes, the party controls in BG3 are terrible and the party pathfinding has issues, which makes moving a party annoying. It is by far one of the worst features in BG3. But then to give WotR as a positive example? Even with a full party control the pathfinding there is nonfunctional.

Ho cutie. You had trouble with pathfinding in WoTR ? I didn't but ok.

So, wanna some others positive examples ?
WoTR is one but meh if you have trouble with pathfinding, not my business, I had no one but I wont argue about it it' would be pointless (and it's funny looking at the pathfinding of BG3).

Anyway, positive example of RTwP-games ? Let's go : kingmaker, BG1, BG2, BG ToB, Icewind Dale 1, Icewind Dale 2. Temple of elemental evil, tyranny, dragon age origins, all the neverwinter nights, kotor, pilars of eternity, deadfire, planescape torment, ...
So many great games here.

By the way, I just saw a post about the sex scene of minthara... What can I say ? No respect for the Lore of the dark elves. Just letting a freaking dark elve woman fucked in a so romantic and submissive way the first crappy male (who cares his species) around after ten days together.

I am... appelled.

BG3 is a joke as Larian is shameless about it.

veteran
veteran
Anyway, positive example of RTwP-games ? (...) Temple of elemental evil (...)
That's one I didn't play, but ain't ToEE turn based?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Wormerine
Anyway, positive example of RTwP-games ? (...) Temple of elemental evil (...)
That's one I didn't play, but ain't ToEE turn based?

The old 2003 Troika Games ToEE was turn based.

And it was basically the best game ever, although it had to be modded by Co8 to keep it from crashing.

Last edited by JandK; 09/11/21 11:52 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by JandK
And it was basically the best game ever, although it had to be modded by Co8 to keep it from crashing.
From what I heard it's super faithful implementation of DnD, with everything else being not great (aka. Tim Cain is great at systems, but need the other half for story/characters/quest design). Didn't play it myself yet - it's one of my few cRPG blindspots.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Wormerine
Originally Posted by JandK
From what I heard it's super faithful implementation of DnD, with everything else being not great (aka. Tim Cain is great at systems, but need the other half for story/characters/quest design). Didn't play it myself yet - it's one of my few cRPG blindspots.

Very faithful, yes. And a lot of work has gone into the game over the years with Co8 and Temple+

As far as story goes, it's based on the Gygax module of the same name. I'm biased because I hold that module dear, but for what it's worth, I love a lot of the characters, and I think the story is fairly classic.

B
stranger
stranger
B
The larger battles may not be "too long" in the sense that they arrest momentum (because they are challenging and...fun?), but I absolutely do get fatigued waiting through a metric ton of turns. I start to zone out and spend less time thinking about my own moves. I'm a newb to this sort of thing, but it seems odd that there's literally no upper limit. I mean, a 5e battle with, what, 15-20 enemies? I don't think any meaty-enough turn-based combat can reasonably accommodate that. It's just thermodynamically not possible.

FWIW, I don't really fall on either side of the "AI takes too long" problem, but it is absolutely clear to me that it's still worth people reporting what they feel are issues with AI decision latency. Whether or not you think that Larian will optimize the AI (of course they will), the questions that are still open are "when?" and most importantly "to what extent?". Only if people continue to report that they FEEL that certain technical issues are impacting their time with the game will Larian be able to make informed decisions about those questions. In other words, I'm not sure there's any such thing as redundant feedback and it's counterproductive to spend time lambasting people for giving genuine feedback. It's the internet, we're not running out of real estate. Let people speak their minds.

O
journeyman
journeyman
O
ON the contrary i think the battles are to short, ie way to easy. for battles to mean anything you need a challenge.

Last edited by Ormgaard; 13/11/21 04:05 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
For some reason I love the combat! Even the long ones!

I guess I am lucky.

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard