Print Thread
#800491 14/11/21 09:46 PM
S
SereneNight
Unregistered
SereneNight
Unregistered
S
I decided to kill the duegar slavers in grimforge,so when I approach the cave-in even the Roth Agro on me and attack. I thought the rune powder vial would be enough to clear the rocks but it only takes it down to 14 hp. The additional powder satchels I find in the hidden room do nothing.

Is there a way to get past the cave-in or am I screwed? It seems odd to me that I can’t go through the extant gap or clear it with a potion of giant strength but nope. I am stuck it seems.

Last edited by SereneNight; 15/11/21 10:56 PM.
E
stranger
stranger
E
I did the same thing but fortunately had some bombs with me which took care of it. Seems like a a bug that nothing else can damage the rubble.

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
I cleared it with 2 bombs ...
You can buy some from Derryth Bonecloak in myconid colony (acording to wiki)

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
F
journeyman
journeyman
F
I've been able to clear it with the runepowder vial OR a pair of smokepowder satchels placed close together. Making sure the explosive is right next to the rubble may help. You can drop from inventory and then reposition it if need be before you set it off.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Agree to beat the animals choosing "I'll see what I can do." then using animal speak talk to the deep roth and persuade them to attack the bad guys but not you or your team. The Roth attack and the baddies now help them win. Once the jerks are defeated speak with the Roth again and ask them to break through the rubble.

veteran
veteran
Last ditch solution: you could always recruit a druid mercenary from Withers and have them wild shape into a rothe and clear it for you. Then dismiss the mercenary, job well done.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by JandK
Last ditch solution: you could always recruit a druid mercenary from Withers and have them wild shape into a rothe and clear it for you. Then dismiss the mercenary, job well done.
you would need a dead party member to make space for the recuit... at point you may as well just respec to Druid yourself yes?

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
R
stranger
stranger
R
@JandK,
This Druid tricked absolutely saved me... I couldn't get anything else to work. Rothe for the win (make sure you are high enough level to turn into a Rothe,... maybe circle of the Moon, shouldn't be hard).

@Ussnorway,
Don't kill a party member. Talk to them, tell them to stay at camp. Then get Withers to give you a druid hireling... you might have to pick the Moon Circle subclass to get all the animal wildshape unlocks when you level up. When you are done, tell hireling to stay at camp, and you can get your original guy to rejoin you (talk to them, "say follow me" or whatever).

Last edited by RWBmage; 30/10/23 03:57 PM.
B
old hand
old hand
B
Which cave in are we talking about here? There are two ...

addict
addict
I also talked to the Roth and convinced them that they had no choice but to obey the Duergar . They opened the cave, and then as thanks for my help, the Duergar attacked us. Big mistake because they stood little chance against the party + the Roth who fought with us.

T
addict
addict
T
theres actually so many ways yu can do this quest.. and free nere..
but i always felt that the best way is to get the Powder from the goblin camp and bring with yu just to no wasting time going face the Blowup lady..
but yu can talk with the Head of the dueargar to show yu the direction, side with hin to gank Nere when he got free, the indimidate the hell out of hin when the battle is over and yu get the money, nere boots, nere head and free the dudes to send they back to the overgrown mushrron camp.. im greed i always want evrything.. sorry.
but yu can actually just blow evrything and kill evrything its works too.
Yu can find 2 or 3 staches of the Small poweder next to the elevator.. just open the door and pass the check in the end of the hallway, but if yu want the big boy boom, go take with the lady that loves blow herself over.
yu will just have to explore a litle bit.
(and pass some checks when speak with her..)

the other Place that yu can go to visit the rest of the Iron Forge.. yu can just use eldrich blast and that thing will open for yu.. no need of powder to open that one.. just the Nere one is needed.
(i never tested but i beleave yu can go back to the Lady to get a Refill of the Big Boom when evrybody leaves..)
becouse when she leaves the barril is still there.. dont know if its a Bug.
and that think its no Joke..like the Orthon Masks.. Never Forget to gave that shit to the Thiefling dude get the 3 of then and make the bombs.. yu will thank me.

Last edited by Thorvic; 08/11/23 11:45 AM.
addict
addict
For me, this scene delivered one of the funniest cutscenes. (I 'm a fan of laconic repartees)

After the Rothés cleared the rock thanks to my intervention, the Duergar decide to kill us anyway.
Cutscene of Duergar unsheathing his sword :

Duergar : I almost feel sorry for this.
Me : You'll feel even more sorry in a moment.

Paraphrasing , because I didn't save the scene unfortunately
Really had to laugh at this.

T
addict
addict
T
huahuahuahuha
Yeah in my Doomslayer Game i just went Nuts and Slay evrybody no speak..
just drop the Boat and start Killing evrybody.
like a True Cyco.

i actually do this a Lot nowadays i already played so Much that i really dont want to listen anything anyone has to say anymore.. i just start to atack in the first time it shows atack..haha like with cazador.. i never even let hin say anything.. just atack F.Yu

Last edited by Thorvic; 08/11/23 08:47 PM.
T
stranger
stranger
T
Jeebus I miss a lot. Only cave in I found is with Nere and I did it with one vial and had help from Duggar in fight

T
addict
addict
T
Yeah i advice to Never leave a Map in this Game untill yu actually open all of it..
especially iron Forge.. the Best Mediun and Heavy Armor in act 1 yu get there..
(but yu will have to Face a Boss for that.. but its pretty easy to beat hin if yu know the Trick)

the Orthon Masks yu find in this Part too.. another secret itens too will not say more becouse of heavy spoilers and i dont want to fuck the surprise for all of yu..
but always, always explore evrything man.. always
never F. think yu saw evrything.. yu never saw. trust me.
after 11 games i still find new things evry time i made a new game.
want more secrets ?
more tricks ?
just ask me i bet i can gave yu at least 3 ways of doing anything in this game.

Last edited by Thorvic; 08/11/23 09:28 PM.
L
apprentice
apprentice
L
You can use barrels to shift the cave in.

Link Copied to Clipboard