Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
F
How did the tieflings actually get to the grove? Like, seriously, where did they arrive on the map and how did they get from there to the grove? They were heading along the road from Elturel to BG and got ambushed by gnolls sayeth Zevlor. That would suggest they entered near the tollhouse, but how did they get to the grove from there? I don't recall any tiefling dead near the tollhouse for a start. And the only land route from there to the grove passes over a broken bridge and through the village full of goblins. So how the heck did they manage to make just that short jaunt with kids, livestock, and supplies and not get wiped out or lead the goblins straight to the grove?

veteran
veteran
My guess, they probably made their way down to the river, crossed near the bugbear cave, and were spotted and aided by the druids. The toll booth was ransacked by goblins first a little bit ago, then the gnolls moved in, so there might have been a gap that allowed for their caravan to escape their patrol.

This is all speculation, I don't think it's unbelievable for refugees to rough it off-road.

veteran
veteran
My guess:
They were heading from tollhouse toward that bridge next to waukeens rest ...
But they were attacked by Gnolls ... true no corpse is there but LOTS of bones and bloody remains ... since they didnt want to go through Gnoll horde they turned to Moonhaven ... you can find Tiefling corpse there ...
There they either were attacked by Goblins ... or they were sniffing around the temple and be attackwd there a little later ...

Then:
North - Gnolls
West - Goblins
South - Swamp (or magical forest if that illusion isnt new) ... but still River just behind it, so basicaly trap
So their only way was to go to East and toward the druids ... there Halsin let them in and massacred the goblins chasing them ... the only survivor was Sazza

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 18/11/21 08:28 AM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
F
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
F
I know it is a game and I'm overthinking it but it is something that occurred to me and all. Just trying to work out how they got where they are given the only two routes available are across the rocks near the owlbear den or across the gap in the bridge near the village. And they had kids, livestock, and wagons full of supplies they somehow had to wrangle through one of those paths while dealing with gnolls and goblins.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by fizzwick
across the gap in the bridge
Or ... maybe (and yes im litteraly guessing here) they created the gap, so their followers cant follow them so easily. laugh
I mean, it would probably mean that gap should be a little wider ... but i never said they were sucessfull, or effective. laugh

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
One of the books explains that Halsin saves them from the gnolls. He guided them to the grove presumably, as Sozz said, down by the river where you can't cross but it is assumed others can because Scratch and his master Gromwick likely went that way while escaping the gnolls.

It is also implied that the goblins have only recently claimed Bogrot for themselves. The tieflings arrived 2 months before the game began, so it is possible the goblins weren't in control of the ruined village at the time.

Link Copied to Clipboard