Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
I might be wrong but i saw something about there is something that costs like $54 USD to get to the part after the underground lake. If we have to pay more then we already have to get more of the game , then I am done with BG3. But i wanted to make a post to make sure i saw what i thought i saw is true. To give Larian Studios a chance to respond. I won't wait forever, so I expect it to happen soon or don't bother I will already be gone.

enthusiast
enthusiast
source?

OP Offline
saw it after i looked at the update notes off of larian launcher.... so directly from larian.

the link is here : https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1086940/view/5678471096390269557

and sorry my mistake not $54 , but $60. I tried going into the game today and i am guessing this must be true because there was no sorcerer class listed as a choice in character creation

Last edited by soulstalker; 20/11/21 02:48 AM.
veteran
veteran
We 100% don't have to pay more for the game. We bought it already and will get the full version when it releases. The price you linked is the base price for the game, for people who didn't already buy the game/EA.

We'll also probably get a free upgrade to the definitive edition of the game ~2-3 years post full launch, based off of previous Larian games.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by soulstalker
saw it after i looked at the update notes off of larian launcher.... so directly from larian.

the link is here : https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1086940/view/5678471096390269557

and sorry my mistake not $54 , but $60. I tried going into the game today and i am guessing this must be true because there was no sorcerer class listed as a choice in character creation

what exactly do you think that link shows?

addict
addict
No, that is not correct. You don't need to pay anything else. Please lock this thread.

veteran
veteran
I might be wrong but i saw something about there is something that costs like $54 USD to get to the part after the underground lake. If we have to pay more then we already have to get more of the game , then I am done with BG3. But i wanted to make a post to make sure i saw what i thought i saw is true. To give Larian Studios a chance to respond. I won't wait forever, so I expect it to happen soon or don't bother I will already be gone.

The full game is and will always be 60$ (bar regional price differences) until after full release. Updates, new content and existing content is all included, no paid dlc (at least now, I don't know if there's any plans for post-release expansions, but Larian is typically known for not having paid dlc even then).

This is a hotfix patch note, which are... Hotfixes. The notes for Patch #6 is here.

It is a known issue for Sorcerer to not appear in character creation if you have mods installed, or if you're opted in to any beta branches. So check these things please:

• Check that both \Documents\Larian Studios\Baldur's Gate 3\Mods (if the directory exists) is empty, and that there are no folders in \Steam\steamapps\common\Baldurs Gate 3\Data (or similar install paths depending on platform) other than "Localization".
  • Right click Baldur's Gate 3 in your library, hit properties and go to the betas tab. Make sure it's set to 'None'. [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

veteran
veteran
Dont be alarmed that right side is in Czech ... Steam automaticly translates if you have account there. wink
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
old hand
old hand
We're not gonna pay it
No, we ain't gonna pay it
We're not gonna pay it anymore

We're not gonna pay it
No, we ain't gonna pay it
We're not gonna pay it anymore
No way

addict
addict
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Dont be alarmed that right side is in Czech ... Steam automaticly translates if you have account there. wink
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

May be worth adding that the right section shows up even for those of us that already have the game. I understand the misconception OP, seeing a picture that says new content and a 60$ price tag underneath but don't worry, as others have stated, you will not have to pay a single dime more to get the full game at release(or any new content during EA) if you've already payed the initial 60$ for the EA.

Last edited by PrivateRaccoon; 20/11/21 02:35 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Dont be alarmed that right side is in Czech...

I'm concerned!!!

They look like words, but I can't read them!?!?

veteran
veteran
I might be wrong but i saw something about there is something that costs like $54 USD to get to the part after the underground lake.
Lol. Nope. I think what confused you is the banner on the right.

The price is the full game itself. The banner “new content” advertises that new content was added - to drive sales and bring back old players. It is not separate “new content” to buy.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Narr that is just the game price, EA players already paid.

You know what would be hilarious if Larian released DLC on release like those ethical game companies, surprise mechanics lol. Like locking classes and races behind card packs, " You have now complete act 1 COnGrAtUlAtIoNs!!!" Please enter your credit card details for act 2.

I actually understand why someone would ask this question having played games from EA and Blizzard. AAA game prices with progression locked behind credit card details.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Soul-Scar
Please enter your credit card details for act 2.

AAA game prices with progression locked behind credit card details.

Are people without credit/debt cards boned?

OP Offline
i didn't install any mods, also i go into the game through larilauncher, going into the game through the icon causes issues.

Last edited by soulstalker; 21/11/21 05:21 AM.
OP Offline
I tried to do those things you said and now the game just crashes. as soon as i try to enter the game it crashes and gives a chance to fill out a crash report. i did find files in there other then the folder " localzation" they were all .pak files, so i deleted them like you said i should. i could find how to go to that part where you wanted to put none in beta , and didn't find any folder called "MoD" I did though save the files i deleted to a different folder on a different drive. Should i put those files back ?

Last edited by soulstalker; 21/11/21 06:02 AM.
A
journeyman
journeyman
A
Not gonna lie i kind of sympathized with OP… the layout there is a bit misleading… until the last sentence then it got kinda karen-y. If you need technical help or pricing clarification its probably in your best interest to ask politely and calmly.

old hand
old hand
[Linked Image from thumbs.gfycat.com]

journeyman
journeyman
FUD!

G
enthusiast
enthusiast
G
Start selling Origin Characters, if Starship Citizen fans are willing to pay 50+ for a spaceship, Fantasy fans pay same for their Characters. Starship Citizen is one of the coolest kid around, I say we challenge them. ATTACK! Fireball, Fireball...

Btw, OF COURSE they gotta make money.

Last edited by GreatWarrioX; 30/12/21 04:32 AM.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard