Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Is there any chance that Moonrise Tower will be added to Early Access?
I'm so curious about what's going on there, but it looks like we'll have to wait a whole year -__-

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
If that is any confort ...
We were told that Early Access will be limited to Act 1 only ... and as it seems, Moonrise Tower will be part of Act 1 ... so it is not completely ruled out.

But since it is final location (as far as we can tell) of Act 1 ...
I would dare to say that we will wait for some time anyway. laugh

I mean ...
So far Grymforge looks like dead end ... interesting and AWESOME LOOKING no doubt, but still ...
I mean as far as we know, there is no safe route to Moonrise Towers from Grymforge ... i wonder if going there without that pixie lamp will be just extremely dificiult, or indeed litteraly impossible. laugh

So ...
Presuming that story of Grymforge will not go through some huge radical changes ... wich i honestly doubt a little (especialy since we didnt seen the temple, or Nightsong) ...
We could presume that before Moonrise Towers, Larian will need to implement Shadowcursed lands (or Mountain Pass, possibly both ... i also wonder if that would be two separate locations, or simply two entrances to same place, just as we have several entrances to Underdark).

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 17/11/21 01:00 AM.

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
apprentice
apprentice
Grymforge is already Act 2 I think and not final location of Act 1. Moonrise Towers are Act 2, they are beyond the Mountain Pass which clearly separates Act 1 from Act 2, same goes for the Underground Lake which you pass using the boat.

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Since we are not supppse to get eye on act 2 during early acess .... i believe you re wrong

P
stranger
stranger
P
Originally Posted by D3loFF
Grymforge is already Act 2 I think and not final location of Act 1. Moonrise Towers are Act 2, they are beyond the Mountain Pass which clearly separates Act 1 from Act 2, same goes for the Underground Lake which you pass using the boat.

What makes you say that? Grymforge isn't Act 2 and there's point in game that implies it is act 2?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Probablyinpants

What makes you say that? Grymforge isn't Act 2 and there's point in game that implies it is act 2?

Grymforge is def Act 1, and so is Moonrise Tower. Baldur's Gate is gonna be Act 2, I think.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
We Demand More Sexy Moonrise Towers in Early Access!

I wonder if anyone remembers this forum meme?

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Originally Posted by OneManArmy

Oh no ... he is back!
Stronger than ever. laugh

addict
addict

I do, and I also remember it was you who started that meme. And, in my opinion, it's time to let it rest in peace.

Last edited by PrivateRaccoon; 18/11/21 08:47 PM.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by PrivateRaccoon

I do, and I also remember it was you who started that meme. And, in my opinion, it's time to let it rest in peace.
Not me, it was a guy with an armor theme.

I think, yes. Otherwise Larian will listen and make Moonrise Towers in the form of a phallic symbol!

[Linked Image from d.radikal.ru]

addict
addict
Originally Posted by PrivateRaccoon

Not me, it was a guy with an armor theme

no no, he used the phrasing the first time in his thread. You used it as a headline for several threads after that. In your "We Demand More Sexy Kagha facial features" thread you even refered to it as a meme and already then we were several that asked you to stop :P

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Probablyinpants

What makes me say that was the cinematic which was listing your choices you've made during Act 1 while the main character was sailing towards Grymforge. Also above ground there is the Mountain Pass which clearly separates Act 1 from Act 2 which you can't pass at this current moment in the EA. Those were clearly the end of Act 1. They added Grymforge just because someone found a bug before how to pass through the lake and enter that zone which had been normally restricted until that moment and also to add new content.

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
What makes me say that was the cinematic which was listing your choices you've made during Act 1 while the main character was sailing towards Grymforge.
Wich is gone now ... so ... ?

Also above ground there is the Mountain Pass which clearly separates Act 1 from Act 2
Or simply separates two locations with loading ... just as surface is separated from Underdark?

which you can't pass at this current moment in the EA.
Since its not yet done?

Those were clearly the end of Act 1.
Nope.

They added Grymforge just because someone found a bug before how to pass through the lake and enter that zone which had been normally restricted until that moment and also to add new content.
That dont explain why they waited so long to add it, since that bug was discovered back in patch 1 or 2 ... meaning more than year back.
Also, as far as i know by simmilar bug some people get inside that Shar temple ruins ... and yet they didnt include that.

Isnt easier explanation here that it was simply ready just now rather than before? laugh

veteran
veteran
What makes me say that was the cinematic which was listing your choices you've made during Act 1 while the main character was sailing towards Grymforge.
That was the end of early access content at that time. Now Grymforge has been added, and both grimforge and original map have exits leading to the path to moonrise. Clearly current I assume the end of act1 will be moonrise itself.

I assume act 2 will take us to Baldur's Gate itself. Act3 - finale? Which how big the game is, I can't imagine there being too many acts.

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
3 Acts were allready confrimed as far i know.

N
stranger
stranger
N
Grymforge has an elevator up to the surface that takes you to moonrise/the land near moonrise. Moonrise seems to be act 2. Even the chreeche seems to be a optional part of act 1.

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Originally Posted by Niathlak
Moonrise seems to be act 2.
Based on what? O_o

veteran
veteran
Grymforge has an elevator up to the surface that takes you to moonrise/the land near moonrise.
You get warned that exiting through that elevator you will encouter the fog-thingy - so I think it is safe to assume that it will lead to the same area as does the land exit from the main map. True Soul N says that to go up you need the lanter held by what seems the same guy Minthara sends you to meet if you help her.

Gith Creche is to be located on path to Moonrise, which is the fog location. It seems to me that no matter if you ally with goblins or go through the underdark you will still end up in path to moonrise tower => moonrise tower.

Going by D:OS2 structure in/after moonrise tower we will learn what the story is really about, spare companions get axed (speculative), we will leave current area well and truly behind and act 2 will begin (speculative: act2 - Baldur's gate, act3 - hell?).

Last edited by Wormerine; 24/11/21 04:29 PM.
veteran
veteran
I would also assume Moonrise Towers is the end of Act I. They seem to follow the traditional 3 act story structure so the big turn of events after first Act would be learning what's really going on, and Moonrise would be the place for that.

We have seen a cinematic where Baldur's Gate was attacked, and we have also seen a dream sequence about the city burning. So the grand finale of the game could actually be a massive invasion on Baldur's Gate. Saving a city state of that size would be level appropriate finale for BG3 end levels (11-12?).

Another theory could be that Act III is about the rise of the dead gods after their Mind Flayer minions have been dealt with at the end of Act II and saving the city could come earlier. So the stakes would get higher for the final act.

I just hope Larian is not going to mess this up and have us fighting for the city before we get to know it and get attached to places and people. Ideally both Acts II and III could use Baldur's Gate as a hub. We would get to explore every nook and cranny of the city, have some down time there, meet people we like, and visit other locations like the Nine Hells and the Astral Plane from the city.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Grymforge has an elevator up to the surface that takes you to moonrise/the land near moonrise. Moonrise seems to be act 2. Even the chreeche seems to be a optional part of act 1.
actually, according to datamining, that elevator takes you to the ancient sharran temple that Nere is looking for. Maybe it was leading you to the surface but something went wrong and it it dropped you to the lower level.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard