Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#802641 29/11/21 07:22 PM
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I play on stadia. After reaching the underdark I can no longer save. I get an error 502. Loading earlier saves does not fix the problem. It is kind of game-breaking to not be able to save at all and that's where I am today. If I start a new game I can save and I can load those but I cannot do so in the game I've reached the underdark in even if I go to earlier saves it will not let me save again.

Shaolin Stoner
P
stranger
stranger
P
You may have reached an undocumented save limit, you may need to delete your older saves.

I had this issue - it can lead to more complex issues if you keep hanging near the limit, which is likely 1gb or about 80 saves (saves are about 8-15mb)

I've had lots of conversations with both Stadia and Larian support staff who don't or can't acknowledge the limit, but ultimately stadia needs a finite number of save slots because there's definitely storage issues.

veteran
veteran
Yeah, every now and then you have to go through and delete old saves. There's definitely a cap that causes problems, especially because there's no warning that you're hitting the cap.

That said, I just had an odd experience earlier where I lost the ability to save my game. No reason, just the save option was greyed out so I couldn't click on it. I made sure I had plenty of space left, which I did, and I even deleted as many old saves as possible. Still, I had the problem where I couldn't save anything, no matter how many times I reloaded.

It wasn't until I closed out of Stadia completely and came back later that things cleared up. I'm not sure what the problem was, but it's working again for me now.

Link Copied to Clipboard