Print Thread
Page 26 of 39 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 38 39
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by GM4Him
Am I missing something?
Yes.

You go to the camp, kill gut, join with Minthara for what? Does she really offer you power? Not really.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

You do what you're told because you're a murder hobo and hot for Minthara.
Its one of many possible reasons, yes ... certainly not the only one.
But i would repeat myself once again, and since you refuse to acnowledge them so far .... i somehow cant shake the feeling it would be wasted time. :-/

She sleeps with you, falls in love with you and says, "Let's meet up again later."
Even if ... and yes, there is if ... what is wrong about that? laugh
Some couples i know started with less ... i dont claim they lasted long tho, but that is different story. laugh
Also:
Seems like you conveniently left out that part, where you use your tadpole powers to infuse her desire for you ... also as far as i know, nobody ever told that she "love" you ... she wants you, but that is also different story. wink

But... Um... What about the weapon? Weren't you after the weapon? Instead, the Absolute tells you to kill me and you lie and say you did and walk away WITHOUT the weapon.
Nah, you got this wrong ...
See? She presume that Druids or Tieflings have the weapon ... not you ... by the time you celebrate at night, she allready know that she was wrong and there was no weapon in the Grove. wink

The other topic, her claim that Absolute demands your death, is not related to the weapon (or at least i dont recall anything that would imply otherwise, feel free to show me if you do) ...
And concidering how fast she turn around to that the Absolute should test you and told her that she should help you instead ... i believe this can be seen as proof that Minthara actualy dont have any specific instructions about you, and simply reasons by the Absolute will for everything as true fanatic. laugh

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
There she is. The famous scene with Sazza and the Minthara Spiders! The voice actress did her best.

Regarding the Minotaurs, they were simple enough for my party, unlike the Gith Patrol. But I also found a way to win the Git Patrol when I brought fire barrels and a squad of ogres with me.

Last edited by OneManArmy; 16/11/21 01:08 PM.

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
New fan art!

[Linked Image from 64.media.tumblr.com]

Last edited by OneManArmy; 16/11/21 01:18 AM.

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
veteran
veteran
Three of my favorite Minthara moments from my fan fic:

As this was happening, Gale began to cast Fireball at the whole group of ogres and goblins. Oh yes! It seemed Minthara had underestimated just how powerful of a wizard he was, and she would soon discover the truth. Gale was not to be trifled with; or so he believed.
But she was no fool. She had not underestimated anyone. She recognized Gale upon the wall as her worst enemy; at least to start with. She wasn’t sure how powerful he truly was, but she didn’t want to take any chances. He had to die immediately. And so, she cast Insect Plague as soon as the fight began. Fortunately for her, she completed it just moments before he completed his. Instantly, swarming, biting locusts filled a twenty-foot-radius centered on the mage. Vexir and Kaedyn were also caught in the cloud of insects. Unfortunately for Minthara, Gale fought off the swarm, and he continued his spell.
Minthara cursed when she saw that Gale hadn’t fallen. “Kill him first!” she cried, sudden fear gripping her. “The wizard must die before the ogres and sappers...”
One of her goblin commanders was already moving to obey her command, and he led a contingent of a dozen other goblins. He recognized it as well. Gale had to die. He raced forward with his motley crew into a better position, and they fired their bows with poison-tipped arrows. Most only grazed the wizard, but the commander hit him in the left shoulder. Gale tried to resist the spider venom but failed. It coursed through his body right to his brain.

Minthara was livid and more than a little afraid. Though she still had quite the army with her, she was unexpectedly suffering from abuse. She ran towards the wall, coming within about sixty feet of it. There was a flash of light, an implication that she healed herself. Then, she cast Conjure Animals. She summoned two giant spiders near where Kaedyn was above the gate just to the east. Then she seemed to wink out of existence for a moment only to be seen running the rest of the way right up to the gate.
The giant spiders raced over and attacked Kaedyn, teaming up on him. The first failed to bite him, snapping at thin air, but the second flanked him and sank its fangs into him. Kaedyn resisted the poison, but he was definitely hurting.
Lae’zel saw Minthara, alone, by the gate, and decided to take up the challenge. Doing something no one expected, she drank the last potion of speed and leapt down to land near Minthara like a cat. Her Blooded Greataxe was in hand, and as she came down, she took a swing. Minthara dove out of the way at the last second. The axe’s blade sang as it struck a stone. The drow was much harder to hit than Lae’zel had expected. Still, Lae’zel felt the surge of battle within her. She would face this incredible foe in one-on-one combat, and she would win.
But this made Lae’zel every goblin’s primary target. Minthara was now being attacked up close and personal, and the goblins feared for their leader’s life. The goblin commander ran towards them and fired. Since Lae’zel was so close to Minthara, he didn’t dare use another Thunder Arrow, so he had only used a poisoned one. Therefore, even though his arrow struck the stone wall behind the gith, there was no additional effect. A moment later, a host of goblins fired at Lae’zel also, but they either missed or their arrows bounced off of the gith’s armor.
Wynari then popped out of hiding. Detecting that Minthara was within range to gang up on her, she let the Call Lightning spell go. There was too much of a chance of harming Lae’zel, and Wynari had better plans. Minthara would not escape them, no matter what. So, she cast Conjure Animals and summoned 2 magical brown bears to flank the drow and hem her in against the gate.
The first bear immediately assaulted her by biting down on her right arm. It then attacked with its claws and swiped her twice in the chest. At the same time, the second bear bit down on her left leg. Then it raised itself up and clubbed her in the face twice with its paws.
But the bears were utterly confused, as was Wynari and Lae’zel and all those who witnessed the moment. They could not figure out why the attacks were not taking Minthara down. She was right before them, and they were seemingly knocking her around in the most vicious way possible. Yet she seemed very much like nothing more than a ghost.
The reason for this was that Minthara was not actually at the gate. She was still some sixty feet from the wall. She had played a devious, little trick on them. She had arranged the maneuver previously with her two goblin booyahgs who were another sixty feet behind her. After running forward, Minthara pulled out a spider totem and used it to cast Conjure Animals. Because it was a special magic item, it did not require her concentration like the typical Conjure Animals spell would. The two magical spiders existed until they died or for up to one hour, whichever came first. Period. She did not have to focus on them.
This allowed her to use Invoke Duplicity at the same time which required her concentration. Then she projected a perfect illusion of herself. She made it appear some thirty feet in front of her, causing it to seem as if she did Misty Step again, or something similar. Then she sent her duplicate to the gate to lure them into a full confrontation with it. At the same time, one of the two goblin booyahgs cast Darkness, using yet another of Minthara’s magic items so that it engulfed the evil Drow Cleric but not her duplicate. Immediately, even those with darkvision could not detect the real Minthara. They could only see her duplicate. The booyahg had prepared herself for that moment, waiting for Minthara’s signal which was her casting Conjure Animals. As for the healing spell, the second booyahg used Healing Word on Minthara just before she had been engulfed by magical darkness.
In the darkness of the night, the ruse was perfectly executed. Minthara was completely hidden from sight, and only her duplicate could be seen. The bears might have been confused, but they were dumb animals. They could not even remotely guess the truth, and Lae’zel had missed the duplicate, so she was still thoroughly convinced that she was, in fact, fighting the real Minthara.
But the Booyahgs were not finished with their devious spellcasting. Both cast Guiding Bolt even as the bears assaulted Minthara’s duplicate. Between them and the remaining goblins who were charging the gate who hadn’t fired at Lae’zel, both brown bears died, stuck with arrows like pin cushions. Wynari’s plan was completely foiled. The magical brown bears had done nothing to contribute to the battle.
Zevlor then launched Magic Missiles again at Minthara, or rather, who he perceived to be Minthara. This, finally, revealed the truth to everyone. The missiles shot right through the duplicate, striking the ground beyond. Horror filled Zevlor’s eyes. “An illusion!” he cried through gritted teeth. “That’s not the real drow leader!”

Goblins poured in. Vexir rushed forward with the Everburn Blade held high. Two goblin heads went flying. Lae’zel’s Blooded Greataxe hacked down two more, cleaving one completely in half horizontally. Wynari’s scimitars hacked and slashed down a goblin bruiser, Zevlor’s longsword jabbed through the chest of another, and Halsin cracked yet another on the top of the head with his staff.
Then the goblin commander and the remaining goblins charged in, and Minthara came last. Arrows and missiles flew, but these were the strongest of Minthara’s army. They were the elite; her personal guard. Not even Ryth-Shan’s arrows penetrated their defenses.
Vexir came at Minthara, dancing around the goblins. She swung the fiery blade, but Minthara deflected effortlessly with her shield. She had used another potion of speed and had cast Shield of Faith just before striding in, and so she was too fast and too well-protected for the battlemaster. Vexir’s eyes went wide as Minthara batted her huge, flaming sword to the side like it was nothing.
“Her defenses are too strong!” Vexir cried. “I need someone to break her concentration!”
Ryth-Shan fired at the same time but missed. His second shot bounced off Minthara. Gale and Will-o’ ran into range. Dragon’s Breath would never reach the drow, for there were too many in the way, but Gale hurled Magic Missile at the evil cleric. Minthara seemed hardly bothered by the attack. Gale cursed.
Minthara laughed. “Die! Fools!” she cried, and she feigned to attack Vexir. Then, at the last second, she spun and attacked Lae’zel instead. She smacked the gith in the shoulder. The strike dented the metal inward and threw her off balance. She struck again. This time her mace bounced off Lae’zel’s armor. She then recoiled and struck a third time.
And just like that, the mighty gith warrior was struck upside the head. She flew to the ground, blood oozing from the wound. Because of this, the goblin captain turned and fired instead at Wynari, for he’d been about to shoot Lae’zel. He, however, missed.
Wynari registered Vexir’s warning about Minthara’s defenses, and she decided to rethink her own strategy. She had been about to attack via her scimitars. Moonbeam had a better chance of hitting. She cast it, dropping the moon’s light down so that it only fell upon Minthara. She had to be so careful, for Lae’zel was so close, and so was Vexir. Minthara felt the supernatural pain, but she ignored it, maintaining her concentration.
The goblins then tried to kill Wynari. Two hit, and Wynari barely succeeded in maintaining her concentration on her spell. Zevlor then attacked the goblins, and he was joined by the rest of the defenders who could get a clear shot. Elegis, fortunately, had found an opening in the defenses, and she hit one in the head, killing it.
Vexir tried again to hit Minthara, but the drow was still too fast. Minthara caught Vexir’s blade with her mace and shield and held it a moment. “You should have surrendered when you had the chance,” said the wicked drow with a gleam in her eyes. “Now you’ll die like the rest.”
Then she slammed Vexir in the chest. It wasn’t enough to truly hurt her, but Faerie Fire exploded all over the battlemaster. Minthara’s mace, if it hit, was able to potentially automatically cast the spell on its victim. And so, Vexir was outlined in violet light. This made her even easier to hit. Minthara struck again and again, battering Vexir and forcing her up against the wall. She then raised her mace to crush Vexir’s head open.
Then Ryth-Shan got a clear shot. His arrow suddenly penetrated into Minthara’s skull. Blood spewed everywhere, and even the feathers on the end of the shaft of the arrow vanished inside. It was a kill shot for sure. The ranger hooted with delight, for he believed wholeheartedly that Minthara was dead.
But Minthara had activated Survival Instinct, the same Illithid Power that Shadowheart and Kaedyn had. Instead of dying, black tendrils shot out of her skull, shoving the arrow back out. They mended her injuries, engulfing her in black, inky darkness for a moment. She lost her concentration on her Shield of Faith spell, but she was still very much alive.

Last edited by GM4Him; 16/11/21 02:20 AM.
addict
addict
This new design and armor are sick.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by IrenicusBG3
This is very thick trolling, you praised the new design two pages ago

veteran
veteran

😁

It bears repeating. 😁

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by OneManArmy

I think "sick" means good. All the kids are saying it.

In some cases, words seem capable of adopting the meaning of their opposite, via slang.

I believe this comes from the word "bad." Bad is a word that can be used to mean good, and it seems to stem from the idea that someone could be so "bad" as to be admirably so, and thus "good" in a sense.

Dez Offline
addict
addict
Originally Posted by JandK

I think "sick" means good. All the kids are saying it.

In some cases, words seem capable of adopting the meaning of their opposite, via slang.

I believe this comes from the word "bad." Bad is a word that can be used to mean good, and it seems to stem from the idea that someone could be so "bad" as to be admirably so, and thus "good" in a sense.

What JandK said. I am fairly certain Irencus mean sick as in "awesome." :]

Hoot hoot, stranger! Fairly new to CRPGs, but I tried my best to provide some feedback regardless! <3 Read it here: My Open Letter to Larian
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
See how hot Minthara now, thanks to Larian for changing her at the request of the players

[Linked Image from b.radikal.ru]

A
addict
addict
A
is there a video for it? earlier videos her chin and mouth were still quite manly for me though.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I really like her new armour... it looks so good on my character devil

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
I like her as a character, but my Tavs tend to have some differences with her wink

veteran
veteran
I've never quite understood the obsession some have for her, I guess her never surviving to actually talk to me is probably part of it -.-*

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Boblawblah
I've never quite understood the obsession some have for her, I guess her never surviving to actually talk to me is probably part of it -.-*

I know what you mean, we never even got on a last name basis wink
Boblawblah, I think maybe we should start running now...

Jokes aside, I like that all factions have interesting characters, and that there are so many story routes. I am very impressed how Larian manages to take into account all the different decisions our characters could make.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand

old hand
OP Offline
old hand

journeyman
journeyman
Hey people. Anyone wanna bet on what Mintharas new haircut will be after patch 8?

veteran
veteran
Patch 7 haircut was brilliant ...
Any change would be for worse.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Some more fan art from Minthara

Author - feyspeaker

Author - @repeatedghosts
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

veteran
veteran
Some more fan art from Minthara

Author - feyspeaker

Author - @repeatedghosts
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Good to see you again. Don't stop banging that drum OMA, you crazy kid smile

Page 26 of 39 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 38 39

Link Copied to Clipboard